Author Topic: Keeping Warm in Winter  (Read 257147 times)

Laxie

• Platinum Member
Re: Rodder's Boring Blog about Poker and Random stuff
« Reply #660 on: April 02, 2013, 16:19:03 PM »
Reckon it was the back to back week-ends that did it.  Have a proper rest please and thank you.  We want our Rodders feeling better.  xx

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #661 on: April 02, 2013, 16:26:23 PM »
Oh there is nothing really wrong with me tbh, will be totally fine by the weekend, I would be fine normally as little bugs don"t bother me but I had not really slept properly over the weekend and was not exactly eating regular or healthy food :-)

The way JP was playing I reckon he would have got my chips anyway eventually (really unlucky the way you went out mate). Table was a good one and a shame it seemed to break early.

Great weekend overall mind you :-)
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #662 on: April 09, 2013, 15:28:21 PM »

1. Warren Jones

2. Carl Pilgrim and Ger Smyth

3. 11.02.46pm

I am pretty sure this is the winner here.

Well done Ian, please post your Pokersars id and I will xfer you the $10 :-)

Many thanks Rodders and great to finally meet you at WCOAP. Sorry I had to dash off after our exit at the Team Event, we flew to Vegas on the Sunday morning for the wife"s 50th birthday, just got back !  ;)

Stars ID : Emeryt309

Thanks again !
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #663 on: April 13, 2013, 21:01:37 PM »
OK so my volume this last couple of months has been a bit, well poor to be honest. I only played a small amount in Feb and was down slightly (by like 2 buyins) at cash and up at tournaments so up overall just about but not by anything major.

March I did not play online at all. Played some poker in Yarm and won Around £180 over the course of the weekend, due to one silly cash session then went to WCOAP and did £220 in tournament and £8 at cash (in the WCOAP cash game, wish I could have flipped better in that final hand). Overall I ended March down by about £50 so not too bad considering.

This month I have hit online quite hard again and have done OK so far, will try and post some hands tomorrow. I am up by $15 in NLHE cash after a start to the month that saw me drop to $50 down. I am up by $10 in PLO cash games and down by $29 in NLHE tournaments so pretty much having another break even month, I seem to be very good at that but I make money on the bonuses and the players I buy pieces have done a good job toI have a chance of cashing the tournament I am playing now, although it is only a 180 man $4.50 game.

Couple of points of order:-

1. Warren Jones

2. Carl Pilgrim and Ger Smyth

3. 11.02.46pm

I am pretty sure this is the winner here.

Well done Ian, please post your Pokersars id and I will xfer you the $10 :-)

Many thanks Rodders and great to finally meet you at WCOAP. Sorry I had to dash off after our exit at the Team Event, we flew to Vegas on the Sunday morning for the wife"s 50th birthday, just got back !  ;)

Stars ID : Emeryt309

Thanks again !

Job done earlier this week, well done, look for more exciting competition during live events during season seven. Talking of competition. I have a bet on with David Blacklaw (Scotland Hero of the Home Nations) and Mark Porter of staking thread fame.

Does anybody fancy a small prop bet in 2013. Say $50 (or less if people prefer) on Pokerstars? It can be more than two people but the rules are:-

1) You have to play at least 200 tournaments on Pokerstars in 2013 (any stake), if you play less you lose automatically
2) The winner is the person who OPR says has the highest ROI on Pokerstars at 6pm on 31st Dec 2013

This would help keep us focused during 2013

We could try to do something with cash games but that would have to be done with the use of tracking software as there are no reliable 3rd party trackers, and posting up screenshots which becomes really complicated.

Anybody up for this?

In for bet.

Cool. The way I am playing at the moment it is basically free money *lol*

So Dave/Mark are we happy with doing it between the three of us $50 per man highest ROI according to OPR on Pokerstars at the end of the year wins and the other two pay the winner $50?

How are we doing with this at the moment guy"s?

I have can"t access OPR at the moment for some reason (might be that I am on mobile connection) but Poker Tracker tells me I am on an ROI of 69.6% so far this year. How are you both doing?

My volume is awful I have only played 61 all year, however going to try and focus on them this month to get up to the 100 and maintain a decent ROI by the end of the month.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 21:13:05 PM by AAroddersAA »

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #664 on: May 18, 2013, 14:30:43 PM »
Hellloooooo apat forum

Feels like ages since I posted on here, it"s actually about three weeks which might suggest I spend too much time posting on here *lol*. Not played much this month (again), but have done a great job of losing lots of money on PLO8. Like the game just gotta get a lot better at it. Also played some holdem tournaments, but not doing that great at them either down about $100 this month so far but that"s the way it goes.

Have a had a look around the forum this morning and see we don"t yet have next seasons schedule but knowing the guy"s I am sure it will be worth waiting for. I was also surprised to that that APAT have aquired LPPL. I don"t know much about this organisation but I have been reading up on it now and if there are games local to me I might even make an effort to play them. Knowing me this is quite unlikely as I get bored with live poker so easily and think I could be at home playing online but I may well make a token effort and might even enjoy it. I think there may be an oppotunity for APAT to create a bit of a local scene with players having a route to grow and start playing in the APAT Nationals.

The ISPT games are underway and I am hoping to see a few apat players in the mix to Wembley. I did not play any qualifiers for this so will not be taking part but will be watching to see how those of you who are playing do. I will not be heading to Wembley myself for either the ISPT or the APAT Masters, have a look at this video from my last visit there though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ckBHSNC8N4. I am hopeful that Des, Leigh and all will be giving us a bit of notice for the first event of the season as I have missed the opener for the last two years. I am expecting a central type venue to get as many people as possible from all areas of the country there.

I have booked myself onto the Vegas tour in November with such legends are Ger, Curly, Paulie, Don and other"s, can"t wait for that one. What can possibly go wrong. I need to start annoying people like Darren and Stu to get themselves booked up as well (I know you are both reading this so get it booked).

So from a total lack of anything to do for the rest of the day today I think I will play some Pokers. Will edit this post later with a schedule. Playing on Stars and Boss.

Good luck to Dawn and Jack in their race today, gutted I was not able to make it up to support you, but had something that I had to deal with this morning.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/5069938

btw do think I lose value on this hand? Opponent in the hand is playing quite tight (16/10) but has shown an ability to float on the flop. I am playing even tighter (11/10) I have no idea if he is likely to know this or not. I am happy with my preflop and flop play. I was checking to see what he did on the turn and probably check/calling on the river.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #665 on: May 20, 2013, 10:00:01 AM »
We missed you, but we know you"d have been there if you could.   :-*  

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #666 on: May 20, 2013, 10:39:14 AM »

The ISPT games are underway and I am hoping to see a few apat players in the mix to Wembley. I did not play any qualifiers for this so will not be taking part but will be watching to see how those of you who are playing do. I will not be heading to Wembley myself for either the ISPT or the APAT Masters

Really ?

And the winner of the Facebook APAT Tag & Share is Steve Roderick. Congratulations Steve, contact me with your DTD details, and we"ll get a Day One token into your account. Many thanks to everyone that took part.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #667 on: May 20, 2013, 10:56:32 AM »

We missed you, but we know you"d have been there if you could.   :-*  

Cheers Dawn, I still have a bottle of Toffoc with your names on it that I forgot to hand over at the WCOAP. Hopefully you will be in Coventry but if not I will get it to you somehow. Maybe we will have to do a Desford Invasion :-)

The ISPT games are underway and I am hoping to see a few apat players in the mix to Wembley. I did not play any qualifiers for this so will not be taking part but will be watching to see how those of you who are playing do. I will not be heading to Wembley myself for either the ISPT or the APAT Masters

Really ?

And the winner of the Facebook APAT Tag & Share is Steve Roderick. Congratulations Steve, contact me with your DTD details, and we"ll get a Day One token into your account. Many thanks to everyone that took part.

Woah, that is AMAZING, thank you so much APAT. Hope I can do it justice, in the very unlikely event I do a nice score I will make sure that I donate something back to the APAT community.

Need to check when the day ones are as I need to fit it in with work.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #668 on: June 08, 2013, 17:44:39 PM »
Been meaning to update this for ages but never seemed to get around to it. Didn"t win that freeroll into the ISPT so supported Leigh. Well what can we say. The man is a legend and unless somebody is planning on binking the main event in Vegas he has to be favourite to win the best performance by an APAT player this year in the end of year awards. I am going to have to ask Leigh and Paul McGuniess about Leigh making a one time return to ensure England don"t luckbox another win win the world team event (sorry boys the period of much respect etc is over and we are now going back to ripping the proverbial out of the English)

Have not played much cash at all as I have really been poor this year. I am still very slightly up but really think I need to take a break and have a proper look back through my game. This is fine though because it gives me the chance play some tournament games which I have wanted to do for a while. Even though cash is a much better game and has a much smaller luck factor involved tournaments are just lot"s of fun and you have the chance of the big score.

Saying that I am mostly focused on the 180 games this month as per the nice little APAT league I kinda of started on the thread on the main page. I hope everybody who plays enjoys it. I am wondering if there is a way of making it a monthly thing but to play it on the APAT site so we can support APAT whilst playing. I don"t know traffic on the network is obviously the main concern but maybe I can come up with something.

Anyway 180 turbo man sitngo"s. They are great for learning how to handle that squeeze point you get in every tournament, you just have to understand hand ranges to a great level )I don"t as yet btw). The swings in them will force you to accept the way poker works and handle the luck factor a lot better. Also stops you being scared as pushing the money in correctly with 82o becomes second nature. You would be surprised how often this is correct in these as well. Hopefully this will imporave our play in live events when it comes to those spots where you are at the squeeze point in the tournament and you have to shove that 72os (of course if you are on my table in a National Championship please remember I would never do such a thing and probably have aces so you are best of just folding when I do).

But tonight, from a lack of anything better to do (isn"t it time for the football season to start yet FFS) I am going to play on Stars

Some 4.50 sitngo"s (1 table at a time)
Some 2.50 Turbo sitngo"s (3 tables at a time)
16:00 The big $8.80
17:00 $3.30 nlhe
17:30 The Hot $11
18:00 The $5.50 nlhe
19:00 The Big $11

Good luck me.

Anyway let"s have a Rodder"s competition (Just as good as Ger Competitions) first person to post the right answer wins $20 on "Stars.

Who will win the Coventry main event? Who will it be.............

(to the tune of que sera sera)
Will it be Curly, Will it be Ger
We"ll have to wait and see

My bet - Stuart Anthony Ward

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #669 on: June 08, 2013, 20:17:43 PM »

Been meaning to update this for ages but never seemed to get around to it. Didn"t win that freeroll into the ISPT so supported Leigh. Well what can we say. The man is a legend and unless somebody is planning on binking the main event in Vegas he has to be favourite to win the best performance by an APAT player this year in the end of year awards. I am going to have to ask Leigh and Paul McGuniess about Leigh making a one time return to ensure England don"t luckbox another win win the world team event (sorry boys the period of much respect etc is over and we are now going back to ripping the proverbial out of the English)

Have not played much cash at all as I have really been poor this year. I am still very slightly up but really think I need to take a break and have a proper look back through my game. This is fine though because it gives me the chance play some tournament games which I have wanted to do for a while. Even though cash is a much better game and has a much smaller luck factor involved tournaments are just lot"s of fun and you have the chance of the big score.

Saying that I am mostly focused on the 180 games this month as per the nice little APAT league I kinda of started on the thread on the main page. I hope everybody who plays enjoys it. I am wondering if there is a way of making it a monthly thing but to play it on the APAT site so we can support APAT whilst playing. I don"t know traffic on the network is obviously the main concern but maybe I can come up with something.

Anyway 180 turbo man sitngo"s. They are great for learning how to handle that squeeze point you get in every tournament, you just have to understand hand ranges to a great level )I don"t as yet btw). The swings in them will force you to accept the way poker works and handle the luck factor a lot better. Also stops you being scared as pushing the money in correctly with 82o becomes second nature. You would be surprised how often this is correct in these as well. Hopefully this will imporave our play in live events when it comes to those spots where you are at the squeeze point in the tournament and you have to shove that 72os (of course if you are on my table in a National Championship please remember I would never do such a thing and probably have aces so you are best of just folding when I do).

But tonight, from a lack of anything better to do (isn"t it time for the football season to start yet FFS) I am going to play on Stars

Some 4.50 sitngo"s (1 table at a time)
Some 2.50 Turbo sitngo"s (3 tables at a time)
16:00 The big $8.80
17:00 $3.30 nlhe
17:30 The Hot $11
18:00 The $5.50 nlhe
19:00 The Big $11

Good luck me.

Anyway let"s have a Rodder"s competition (Just as good as Ger Competitions) first person to post the right answer wins $20 on "Stars.

Who will win the Coventry main event? Who will it be.............

(to the tune of que sera sera)
Will it be Curly, Will it be Ger
We"ll have to wait and see

My bet - Stuart Anthony Ward

Errrrr....NO, NO and a very big NO  ;D ;D ;D
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #670 on: June 09, 2013, 18:55:56 PM »
Dunno Rich, I think both yourself and Stu have a great chance to win any given event assuming you don"t spend too much time at the bar and get too focused on the beer like :-)  Ger may struggle in this one though seeing as how he is not playing.

I did a win in one of the little $2.50 tournaments last night, which was lucky as I only cashed in three out of 28. Going to watch the Grand prix and play another few now.

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #671 on: June 09, 2013, 19:59:32 PM »
I suppose it would only be fair for me to say "Dave Howard", i mean the rest of us in Team Gotham are tired of carrying him since the worlds!!! :)
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #672 on: June 09, 2013, 21:21:07 PM »

I suppose it would only be fair for me to say "Dave Howard", i mean the rest of us in Team Gotham are tired of carrying him since the worlds!!! :)

Oh come on at least give yourself a chance :-)

Only joking Dave, good pick obv

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #673 on: June 09, 2013, 21:48:59 PM »
I think Coventry is going to be the time Rodders finally wins ;)
Season 6 Online Ranking Winner
Season 6 UK Online Winner
Season 6 Member of the winning England team at the WCOAP
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
Seasons 10 WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

s4ooter

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @s4ooter
« Reply #674 on: June 09, 2013, 22:03:06 PM »

Oh come on at least give yourself a chance :-)

Only joking Dave, good pick obv

Think my run good is all gone at APAT, 19th in the WCOAP 6 max, 50th in the WCOAP Main and 6th in the Masters.  Cov will either be 1st, or 1st out for me!
Team Gotham - The Joker

Serial APAT Underachiever