Author Topic: Keeping Warm in Winter  (Read 257262 times)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
Re: Rodder's Boring Blog about Poker and Random stuff
« Reply #750 on: September 16, 2013, 10:29:15 AM »
The above is interesting, I will get around to posting the AK hand to PHA. I can certainly see the point Mike is making that shoving over the top of the 4-bet might well be a -EV play. I ran through my tracker looking at hands where people are making that type of 4-bet raise size at least 100BB effective and out of 30 hands, 28 were AA, KK, QQ, JJ or AK. This does suggest that assuming that people are never folding these hands that the shove is -EV here.

I also played a few other games yesterday. I played some 180 manner games but never really got going in any of them.

Games: 6
Loss: $15

I also played a bit of a PLO session which was just playing quite crazy with everybody calling everything, ended up having to nit it right up.

Hands: 639
VP$IP: 10.8%
PFR: 6.73%
3-Bet: 0.94%
Att to Steal: 24%
Total Profit: $11.32

Last night I was going to play a holdem session but could not get into it so came off quite quickly. Only played 75 hands and won $7.35. I actually left 24 cents on the table when I misclicked a raise that should have been allin with a set against and overpair. Played one hand pretty badly, I should most likely fold here on the river.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/5334386

Due to having plenty of points so far this month and really only needing to get to Silverstar I will be taking a break from playing poker until next weekend. Will try and post some hands in the strategy section.

Seven weeks on Thursday is VEGAS.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #751 on: September 20, 2013, 12:38:21 PM »
New video I made earlier this week but have not had a chance to post yet. To be honest it is probbaly not as good as the one I posted in the strategy section earlier this week but has some interesting hands in it. If you want to comment on one of the hands I am interested in how you think I played the second hand on the video, do I miss some value?

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZBvE5RBWNU&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Will do a better one tomorrow that will be a bit longer and will not be Zoom so will have better spots for playing situations and thinking about things other than our cards as we try to get reads on players.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 12:54:52 PM by AAroddersAA »

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #752 on: September 21, 2013, 14:45:24 PM »
Played a session this morning, just one table stats are below.

Hands: 160
VP$IP: 35.63%
PFR: 31.25%
3-bet: 12.12%
Att To Steal: 64.15%
Total Profit: $30.16

I did try to record this session and post it on You Tube, the problem is the quality has not come out that great. Currently trying to improve on this as you can"t really see the HUD very well in it when you put it in full screen mode. I am kind of hoping iot will be interesting anyway but will see if I can improve it, it plays out fine locally but not great when you look at it on youtube

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUqU-bJMTRA[/youtube]

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #753 on: September 21, 2013, 15:11:48 PM »
Any advice for getting hud to work with zoom :\

Mine seems to be importing hands but not showing up

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #754 on: September 21, 2013, 15:17:51 PM »
Ignore me , probably helps if you have "enable zoom hud" ticked ;)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #755 on: September 21, 2013, 15:28:24 PM »

Any advice for getting hud to work with zoom :\

Mine seems to be importing hands but not showing up

It is not that great at Zoom to be honest. I am going to upgrade to PT4. The only thing I would say is make sure that the HUD for Zoom is turned on. With PT3 it is in the Import Tab, where you go to turn on the auo import and configure Stars.

If you Click on Pokerstars, then on the right where you have "Preferences" and "Pokerstars Configuration" click onto "Pokerstars Configuration" and scroll down to the bottom. Make sure the "Enable Zoom HUD" check box is selected. See the screenshot below

Charlie44

• Silver Member
« Reply #756 on: September 21, 2013, 15:45:13 PM »
I"ve seem somewhere as well that you should turn the " Enable Memory grabber"  off as well when using zoom. I did that when I used PT3 and it seemed to work ok for me.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #757 on: September 21, 2013, 23:24:26 PM »
Play a couple of session this afternoon/Evening

Played a smallish PLO cah session

Hands: 411
VP$IP: 21.9%
PFR: 15.9%
3-Bet: 5.25%
Total Loss: $10.56

And a more successful 180 game session

Game: 12
Profit: $73.88

I only need to gain  another 83 VPP to get Silverstar to convert my FPP into tournament tickets.

I am running about $100 about EV in cash games this month which is very nice. However I think I am starting to suff with positive tilt so will be pulling back a bit next month and just playing some 180 man sessions and leave cash until I get back from Vegas as I don"t want to burn myself out before I get there.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #758 on: September 22, 2013, 12:39:38 PM »
Little session this morning which resulted in a profit which is always good, not sure how well I played it though. Made a good start when I 3-bet with A4s preflop and got called. Flopped a flush draw, inside straight draw and overcard. I cbet, got raised and shoved. My opponent called, I missed everything but my ace high was good :-)

I then played a bit and tried to stay aggressive but probably pushed it too far. I got involved in this hand

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/5354279

Opponent is playing 21/13 over 152 hands. I am playng 39/38 for the session with a 3-bet at that point of 12%. I also have quite a few notes on my opponent in the hand.

Button raise to 30c, called 3-bet from SB to $1, then made a big raise of c-bet on wet flop with AA
Raised 55 UTG to 30c
Hit set and checked called flop and checked raised turn
Flat called my raise to 30c with ATs - checkd it down when missed
Called on flop with 2nd pair then checked it down
Played the over pair strongly on flop and turn with bets of about 2/3 pot

Pre is standard. Flop is standard, I was actually going to check/fold the turn to a decent sized bet, as played should I fold on the river?

Anyway overall for the session was:-

Hands: 179
VP$IP: 39.11% (This is too high)
PFR: 38.55% (Also too high)
3-bet: 15.69%
Fold to 3-bet: 78.57%
Att to Steal: 73.44%
Total Profit: $9.94

Will probably do a 180 session later, not going to play any of the Sunday games though today.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #759 on: September 23, 2013, 11:47:11 AM »
Played a little bit more yesterday afternoon but finally managed to run bad in a session. I have contacted Pokerstars about his to advise them that their RNG is broken again and appears to be dealing cards randomly again.

Seriously I played some PLO Zoom and whilst I did lose a couple of stacks in standard spots I did not play very well anyway.

Tried playing a little 180 session after this and did not do that well in that either, think I played eight without a cash. I don"t have the exact stats for the sessions as I have broken Poker Tracker by installing PT4 somehow I am going to need to convert everything into PT4 at some point.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #760 on: September 29, 2013, 14:51:10 PM »
Poker has kinda fizzled out at the end of the month. I lost $36 playing cash last night. Was playing the $25nl for the first time for a while and didn"t play well. Think I will try to work some kind of bankroll challenge out for online next year, start with $500 on Stars and see where I end up at the end of the year. My Monthly figures look like this

Holdem cash: +131.93
PLO Cash: +$42.06
180 man sitngo: +$105.13

I must have run really well, it doesn"t actually feel like I did but I must have tbh.

I wonder if I can find my live poker mojo again as well. It kind of got taken away by Vegas on 2011 (even though I did very well out there). Since then I just have not been able to get the desire to play live poker back and aside from APAT events I think I have played 5 sessions since then and never really felt like I wanted to go back to playing it again. Maybe what is taken away by Vegas can only be returned by Vegas so that might be good.

Speaking of which Vegas is now less than 6 weeks away and going out there with some of the greats of the APAT crew is somethign I am look forward to immensely. I have a check list that looks like this:-

[X] - Flight booked and paid for
[X] - Hotel Booked and paid for
[X] - Passport renewed
[X] - ESTA done
[ ] - Travel/medical Insurance sorted
[ ] - Travel to and from Gatwick
[ ] - Hotel at Gatwick for the night before
[ ] - Access to data in Vegas

The main things are sorted it is just the smaller things now. Gutted to miss out on Dublin this month but work has to come first and getting tomorrow off was not possible as it turned out (I could have done it but it would have caused a major headache).

Will try and keep this up to date next month again. Take care guy"s

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #761 on: October 02, 2013, 11:53:33 AM »
Will try and keep this updated for this month and during the lead up to Vegas.

Don"t know if it is due to the approach of Vegas (I suspect it probably is) but I actually feel like a game of live poker again. Even though I have played a few non apat sessions since I last came back from Vegas it has been almost never I have felt like playing poker just for the reason I wanted to play poker. It would be good if I can actually re-capture the desire to play again, I know it is unlikely and I will probably play in Vegas then come back and not want to play any more but might be good if I can start to get some live games in from next month onward. If Vegas goes well, even though I am not even sure if I will spend much time playing poker I will hopefully start playing live again soon after. Pretty sure I will do well as long as I actually want to play. Need something to motivate me though, any suggestions?

Played a small amount of poker this month so far, still working on getting use to PT4.

Cash (Zoom)

Hands: 500
VP$IP: 31.07%
PFR: 27.57%
3-Bet: 11.73%
Profit: $42.23

180 manners

Games: 3
Total Loss: $4.83

Hopefully have a good month to get good confidence leading up to Vegas.

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #762 on: October 02, 2013, 18:23:40 PM »

Don"t know if it is due to the approach of Vegas (I suspect it probably is) but I actually feel like a game of live poker again. Even though I have played a few non apat sessions since I last came back from Vegas it has been almost never I have felt like playing poker just for the reason I wanted to play poker. It would be good if I can actually re-capture the desire to play again, I know it is unlikely and I will probably play in Vegas then come back and not want to play any more but might be good if I can start to get some live games in from next month onward. If Vegas goes well, even though I am not even sure if I will spend much time playing poker I will hopefully start playing live again soon after. Pretty sure I will do well as long as I actually want to play. Need something to motivate me though, any suggestions?

More $$$ for Vegas not a motivation?

Actually, I"ve got one. Try and win enough for the $600 2 day 1"s Venetian Deepstack event with $150k gtd prize pool that runs just after we land!
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #763 on: October 02, 2013, 23:03:32 PM »

More $$$ for Vegas not a motivation?

Actually, I"ve got one. Try and win enough for the $600 2 day 1"s Venetian Deepstack event with $150k gtd prize pool that runs just after we land!

Good point but no not really. I already have my dollars and everything I need for Vegas and it is all paid for already, except for the nights hotel at Gatwick the night before. Money has never been a major motivation to me as I am not really into "things" that much and I have what I need kind of thing and am lucky enough to have no money worries of any kind.

The motivation issue will be when I get back from Vegas, being bothered to walk to Swansea G on a Saturday/Sunday night or bothering to get in my Car and drive 40 minutes to Les Croupiers (which is the best games). There are people in APAT in love poker enough to be able to do this all the time. I used to be able to do this, think it would be good to get it back. Feels closer than it has done for a while, certainly before I went to Vegas last time. Guess I will see what happens trying to motivate myself to do something seems silly I can just do it if I want too if I don"t I can go to the pub. watch football or play online poker.

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #764 on: October 03, 2013, 11:43:26 AM »
Last time, you went and sat and forced yourself to play poker for hours and hours on end.

Can i suggest that this time, we play a few tournies here and there, but also just play alot of paigow and generally get drunk and enjoy ourselves. Im sure this will help the overall mindset.
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013