Author Topic: technolog's tales of domestic bliss, DIY & other nonsense  (Read 116454 times)

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
Re: technolog's poker Early Learning Centre and other nonsense
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 19:20:46 PM »
Thanks for the advice and encouragement everyone, I want to try to keep it interesting. If I can make it half as good as Ger"s, then I"ll be happy.

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2011, 19:28:55 PM »

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2011, 20:05:55 PM »
So on to Amazon tonight to order:

Every hand revealed
Winning poker tournaments one hand at a time
The Poker Mindset - Essential Attitudes for Poker Success

I will try to use the PHA boards on here. The blonde board is a bit daunting cos that"s where all the cool kids play :). Think I need to know what a 3-bet is before I tackle that!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 00:53:46 AM by technolog »

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2011, 20:10:11 PM »
Anyway that"s enough boring poker. What about this fecker...

If you look closely I"m stood on the stand just underneath the "Samsung" logo, waving at the camera!

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 20:22:20 PM »
Watching the darts in 3D ;D

[X] Look a k nob

[  ] Care

[X] Walk-on girls benefit from the 3D treatment

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 20:40:39 PM »

With regard to the 3D TV I am probs a bit late but if not go to www.electricaldiscountuk.co.uk this is my website, for really good deals. Also PM me if you want any info.

Yes, just a tad late for me Mike but handy to log the info.

To be honest, when I get an idea in my head like this - getting a new telly - I get all impatient and have to have it there & then.

I settled on the Samsung 46C7000 in the end, with Samsung BD-C5900 blu-ray player (not in stock - should get it next week). Came with 2 pairs of specs. Also needed a couple of top spec HDMI cables and a stand. They also included Shrek 3D. I managed to haggle a little bit off to convince myself I was still of sound mind but still stumped up £1,720.

Tell me how much you could have saved me Mike!

I did pay on my cashback credit card to the benefit of £17.20 and I beat the VAT increase to save another £40 odd quid.

To think I had no thought to buy a new telly until yesterday :) Impulse buying ftw.

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 20:50:57 PM »
So.

Back to the boring poker.

My 2011 poker will start tomorrow with the first events of the new blonde league on Sky and the APAT mini-league on Betfair.

I want to record my play or rather the results of it. Has anyone got a spreadsheet they could send me that would do the job? Failing that, what info should I a) be recording and b) be deriving/calculating?

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 22:26:29 PM »
given that you are a low volume player (i think!!), then you really need to just record profit/loss. ROI is a pretty meaningless figure unless you play 1000s of tourneys. I use a very simple spreadsheet and simply have columns for tourney name or site, stake, return (lol!!) and a running profit/loss. I also record runners and finishing position but this has been pretty useless info to record.

Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 22:40:35 PM »

With regard to the 3D TV I am probs a bit late but if not go to www.electricaldiscountuk.co.uk this is my website, for really good deals. Also PM me if you want any info.

To be honest, when I get an idea in my head like this - getting a new telly - I get all impatient and have to have it there & then.

I settled on the Samsung 46C7000 in the end, with Samsung BD-C5900 blu-ray player (not in stock - should get it next week). Came with 2 pairs of specs. Also needed a couple of top spec HDMI cables and a stand. They also included Shrek 3D. I managed to haggle a little bit off to convince myself I was still of sound mind but still stumped up £1,720.

I did pay on my cashback credit card to the benefit of £17.20 and I beat the VAT increase to save another £40 odd quid.

To think I had no thought to buy a new telly until yesterday :) Impulse buying ftw.

Sorry to tell you this Jack but I would have saved you nearly £400, my price for the same package is £1339, but I am sure you"ll make that back at the tables in no time ;)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 22:46:56 PM by Mikeyboy9361 »
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 22:58:55 PM »

I want to record my play or rather the results of it. Has anyone got a spreadsheet they could send me that would do the job? Failing that, what info should I a) be recording and b) be deriving/calculating?

Try THIS

"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 23:06:47 PM »

Try THIS

+1 on this recommendation

This serves the purpose of recording anything you"re likely to need - it also can be exported as a csv, so if you ever want to manipulate the data you"ll have it ready for a spreadsheet.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2011, 23:47:13 PM »

Just two points on this topic.

A) Will I enjoy reading this immensely - Oh yes  ;D

B) Will I offer advice on Poker - Don"t be silly  :-X
your very good duke B hehe veryveryvery  good      good luck with your cards lad and your bankroll

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 23:56:57 PM »
Can"t believe the Aussies haven"t lost a wicket yet ffs!

12-0 off 6.

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2011, 01:06:19 AM »

Sorry to tell you this Jack but I would have saved you nearly £400, my price for the same package is £1339, but I am sure you"ll make that back at the tables in no time ;)

lol gg impatience. I"ll definitely bear you in mind next time!

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2011, 10:32:39 AM »

given that you are a low volume player (i think!!), then you really need to just record profit/loss. ROI is a pretty meaningless figure unless you play 1000s of tourneys. I use a very simple spreadsheet and simply have columns for tourney name or site, stake, return (lol!!) and a running profit/loss. I also record runners and finishing position but this has been pretty useless info to record.

I would guess I"d play between 200 and 500 tournaments in the year, so no, not vast amounts. During the recent blonde league I was playing around 8 each night as the format encouraged it.

Would I be wrong to assume that ROI is just your profit expressed as a percentage of your buy-ins?