Author Topic: technolog's tales of domestic bliss, DIY & other nonsense  (Read 116429 times)

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: technolog's poker Early Learning Centre and other nonsense
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2011, 13:27:07 PM »
And for my sins I also own several hoodies, however Spain will be the last official outing for my sunglasses  ;D

Cheers Jack (and Ian) means a lot, look forward to sharing several beers over in Spain with you and several more in the new season.
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2011, 16:51:17 PM »

And for my sins I also own several hoodies, however Spain will be the last official outing for my sunglasses  ;D

Cheers Jack (and Ian) means a lot, look forward to sharing several beers over in Spain with you and several more in the new season.

So it was green in Ireland, Blue in Coventry are we going to see the red hair Phil?
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2011, 16:55:31 PM »
i like the way you played the 2 midpairs in the DTD sat Jack, i don"t think you are ever going to get exploited by players in these sats because people play tight(generally) at late stages and you prob have a tight image. In a std tournament i wouldn"t be raise/folding either of them.

Good luck in the deepstack and in any other tournament you play.
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2011, 17:02:16 PM »

So it was green in Ireland, Blue in Coventry are we going to see the red hair Phil?

red with a yellow mohican please!!
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2011, 18:32:44 PM »
Be rude not to attempt another colour I reckon whilst I still have some hair left Steve :D

Rob a mohican is being more than slightly ambitious.. it"ll look more like this with my thinning bit on top I reckon ;D

Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2011, 19:38:07 PM »

Be rude not to attempt another colour I reckon whilst I still have some hair left Steve :D

Rob a mohican is being more than slightly ambitious.. it"ll look more like this with my thinning bit on top I reckon ;D

I"m sure you will be able buy a yellow felt tip to fill the gaps in ;D ;D ;D ;D
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2011, 20:33:29 PM »
Oh hi Phil, only reckonised you by the gap in your yellow hair................ ;D

Congratulations Jack, good reading so far and the very best of luck with your poker.......Starting in Spain.

Hope you all had a great festive season, and i"ll see you all next Poker season(all being well).

Take care now and y"all enjoy yourselves.

Thanks for all your company through 2010.

Paul M...Xxxx
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2011, 22:28:17 PM »
Gutted you"re not going to Spain Paul :(

How the hell was this allowed to happen! Paulie, you"re the tour leader - we need answers imo!

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2011, 22:36:36 PM »
No poker for me tonight. I was summoned to my sister"s to attempt to get her broadband working. Moving on...

Looking forward to getting a relatively early night tonight when England take a 3-1 Ashes series away win with an opening over hat-trick.

And that"s England. Not England & Wales or (roflcopters) Wales & England! Okay, England & South Africa...maybe.

You Welshies should just stick to pwning us at poker. Leave the cricket to the fellas that invented it.

Simon Jones was an honorary Englishman btw.

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2011, 22:45:22 PM »
As reported a day or two ago, I binked a seat in the weekend"s DTD Deepstack starting at 5pm on Saturday.

In an epic instance of social diary mis-management, whilst flicking through next week"s Radio Times, I noticed the biggest rugby game of the domestic rugby season, my beloved Leicester Tigers v Northampton Saints is on Sky at, you guessed it, 5pm :(

On the plus side JP, I"ve never missed a Tigers" TV appearance that they haven"t won! Having said that, I could be home for the start of the second half. It"s only a 40 minute journey.

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2011, 23:56:40 PM »

Good luck with the blog Martyn Jack.

Nearly missed this!

Thank you Antoine.

Oh and gfy :)

Tiger-flash

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
  • East Midlands capt
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2011, 13:59:09 PM »
Great blog jack and was very interesting. I have so much to say but i will try and keep it brief mate lol

Books: Every hand reveal by Gus Hansen (which i left on the plane coming back from my honeymoon DOH!)  :(
Tournament tips from the pros by Shane Smith
The big book of poker by Ken warren

Autobiographies: For richer for poorer by Vicky Coren
Shut up and deal by Jesse May
The life and times of a poker legend and swimming with the devilfish by (of course) Devilfish
Check-raising the devil by Mike Matusow

Basic books: poker for dummies and super system along with Dan Harrington

Videos: rounders and Stu ungar

On the bankroll decussion, play with 5 to 10% max only
write down all tournies you play live and online with dates, times and how many players etc with finishing position and winnings. Subtract buy ins from winnings to see if you are up or down in profit

Having played with you before i think you have a solid game and i dont think you should worry too much about your game. Having qualified for the super 50 at xmas and the 300 (well done and good luck mate) and do well as capt for Notts your results speak for themselves. sorry for going all in with u when i had pocket sevens but i went with my gut

im the opposite to you and have a photographic memory but i always make the same mistakes when i have pocket nines, 10s and jacks. Experience is taught from your own mistakes so im still learning.    

Congrats on the weight loss! It takes a lot of dedication to achieve that and if you do this in poker you will go far

Keeping fit: to keep weight off i run 10 k (6.25 miles) a week and go to gym 3-4 times a week with lots or cardio training, play golf (hench the name tiger) and still play vets football lol. My son plays for wolves academy so my weekends are always busy so i never get time to play live and ive never done a deepstack either. lets us know how you get on in yours. 

was that brief enough? :-\

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 14:02:35 PM by Tiger-flash »
Apat Notts player of the season, season 5
Brookfield pub Redtooth champion
Darly Abbey pub champion

Newportlad

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2011, 18:51:50 PM »

As reported a day or two ago, I binked a seat in the weekend"s DTD Deepstack starting at 5pm on Saturday.

In an epic instance of social diary mis-management, whilst flicking through next week"s Radio Times, I noticed the biggest rugby game of the domestic rugby season, my beloved Leicester Tigers v Northampton Saints is on Sky at, you guessed it, 5pm :(

On the plus side JP, I"ve never missed a Tigers" TV appearance that they haven"t won! Having said that, I could be home for the start of the second half. It"s only a 40 minute journey.

To be fair Jack, you"re not going to have played many hands in the first couple of levels anyway are you...
APAT Ireland 2008 Champion
APAT European 2010 Runner-Up
6 Final Tables
Captain of Team Cardiff. Online Southern Division Winners 2009
Team Cymru 2008
Team Cymru 2009
Team Cymru 2013

Ant1966

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2011, 19:34:20 PM »

Good luck with the blog Martyn Jack.

Nearly missed this!

Thank you Antoine.

Oh and gfy :)

:-*

"That's when you know your'e running bad,when Ant one outers you on the river". Brendan Byrne-Dublin 2010.

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2011, 21:35:06 PM »

To be fair Jack, you"re not going to have played many hands in the first couple of levels anyway are you...

lol

You know me too well Darren.