Author Topic: Oh no, not another ThinkerJE in vegas blog!!!  (Read 29306 times)

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
  • To be the man you have to beat the man
Re: Oh no, not another ThinkerJE in vegas blog!!!
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2009, 21:04:33 PM »
Friday 3 July

Check out at 11am and leave bags at hotel so that we can wander round.  Down to the venetian for breakfast (well Si did, I am still struggling to eat) then back to IP to play the texas hold em table game (pai gow is full).  I get a sick run of bonus cards AQx2, AKx2, AA, QQx2 and others and end up $175 up and cash out at the cage.  We taxi to the airport and managed to negotiate security without incident.  Duty free and burger king later and we are ready to board.  I get stopped at random by US security and asked what I have been up to on my trip.  "Trying to play poker" I reply, have you had over $10k at any point during your trip? if so you need to fill in a form, "I wish"...

Flight back was long, bad movies and bad food including.  The drive back from Gatwick was even more difficult, I was very tired and just glad to be home.

NO BAD BEATS - Las Vegas, still the best place in the world!!!

Jax Wild

« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2009, 11:30:49 AM »
excellent as always

What was the final winnings of the trip (including 10% commissions from Si) ??

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2011, 01:40:14 AM »
Can we have another one of these please?

I had the pleasure of sitting at JE"s table in the APAT tourney and from meeting him only on the Sunday thereafter (he was ROUGH!), I would really like to hear more about the bits he DOES remember from this trip, the poker hand analysis and on whether he STILL considers Las Vegas "the best place in the world!!!"

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2011, 19:53:54 PM »

I had the pleasure of sitting at JE"s table in the APAT tourney and from meeting him only on the Sunday thereafter (he was ROUGH!), I would really like to hear more about the bits he DOES remember from this trip, the poker hand analysis and on whether he STILL considers Las Vegas "the best place in the world!!!"

Hehe... on the Saturday night after Day1 of APAT Vegas James, PhilTC & I had a 14 hour Pai Gow Drinking Session. At around 7am James was a dribbling, beer spilling wreck and had to be sent home...................Twice  ;D
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2011, 00:52:00 AM »

Hehe... on the Saturday night after Day1 of APAT Vegas James, PhilTC & I had a 14 hour Pai Gow Drinking Session. At around 7am James was a dribbling, beer spilling wreck and had to be sent home...................Twice  ;D

After offending the love of his life; "are you pregnant?"
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 00:54:31 AM by jbworldwide »
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)