Author Topic: A Fish and his Chips  (Read 166563 times)

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: A Fish and his Chips
« Reply #270 on: March 28, 2011, 22:04:25 PM »

One of the drawbacks to living on the south coast (And to be honest, there are very, very few that I have come across in 17 years), is that the poker venues are pretty dire.

It"s full of southerners, that"s the other main one

England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #271 on: March 28, 2011, 22:06:03 PM »

One of the drawbacks to living on the south coast (And to be honest, there are very, very few that I have come across in 17 years), is that the poker venues are pretty dire.

No Jaegers" for you Stu :(
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #272 on: March 28, 2011, 22:20:06 PM »

Jealous of the Midlands ?   When it comes to poker venues, it"s tough not to be.  A bunch of great venues on your doorstep, and only an hour or so from London or Manchester.  Not bad at all.

So, for me, it"s the train, and London calling on Friday.  Day 2 is the Sunday, and I really do hope I"m not about to rail the first matchdays of the APAT Online National League.   ;)  Here"s hoping.

Yeah but if you come to the Midlands to play, you have to compete with the best poker players in the midlands!  ;)

Best of luck in the Black Belt mate, will be railing you from afar. Keep us up to date with how you get on. Is there a live feed? Or are they not that cool?!

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #273 on: March 29, 2011, 19:30:14 PM »

No Jaegers" for you Stu :(

apart from you ian :p
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #274 on: March 31, 2011, 16:51:26 PM »
Good luck 2mor Leigh!!  Hopefully c u on Sunday...
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #275 on: March 31, 2011, 17:11:00 PM »
A Day In My Life

Today I have mostly been adding colour and pictures to the APAT forum and facebook.  Aplogies to any of you sat at home or work, swearing at the screen, because I"ve sent through another message, or posted about another event.  I try to keep the reminders to a minimum, but there is quite a lot going on in the next few weeks.

My favourite new banner is this

Quite proud of that one.   ;D

Other than getting the world wide web up to speed with the Online National League, Satellites and Direct Buyin for Newcastle, and the Bunch of Fives Leaderboards, my mind has been pre-occupied with tomorrow"s Blackbelt Poker tournament (Cheers to everyone who"s posted comments).

Travel expenses and buyin sorted courtesy of the Push or Fold cash tables on 888poker.  I haven"t worked out if I am just running really, really good on them, or that they are just really, really soft.  Either way, I"m happy.

Before I can make my way up to London, there is the small matter of Leg 2 for the 4 WISE Men.  Kicks off at 6:50pm tonight online.  It"s NLHE 1R+1A, hopefully a lot of players interest will already have waned after the first leg.  We are in an above average position at the moment, and more importantly sitting well ahead of Brian Yates" team (  ;D ;D ;D )

Oh, and as far as updates for the Blackbelt event go, looks like they have a team doing updates.  I"ll be tweeting as much as I can whilst I"m in.   :D

@chipaccrual
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 17:34:49 PM by Chipaccrual »

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #276 on: March 31, 2011, 17:38:43 PM »
Good luck for tomorrow (and tonight)

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #277 on: March 31, 2011, 19:31:07 PM »

Good luck for tomorrow (and tonight)

+1

Bigfella42

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
  • Vague memories of being in Vegas
« Reply #278 on: March 31, 2011, 20:55:13 PM »
APAT Scotland runner up 2008
APAT Sotland final table 2009
If it's not in Scotland you can forget it!

Quasar

• Gold Member
« Reply #279 on: March 31, 2011, 20:59:00 PM »

See you there Leigh. Hope I"m not on your table  ;D

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #280 on: April 01, 2011, 18:00:13 PM »
Beaten Up By Blackbelts

A tournament report before the tournament has event finished ?

A tournament report before we"ve even hit the dinner break on Day 1a ?

Yes folks, I am that good.  ;D

Ended up on a slightly later than planned train up to London, but managed to make it through the doors of The Vic, just 20 minutes late of the midday kickoff.

Quickly found my table, and got down to business.  With a 20k starting stack, I"d planned to get involved early with hands and see what happened.  Towards the end of level one, came my first major hand.

Blinds are 25/50.  UTG limps, and UTG+1 makes it 300 to go.  That gets one caller, and it folds round to me in the small blind.  I look down to see pocket queens.  Hmmmm, out of position, clearly some interest already.  I raise to 1700.  UTG decides to reraise to 3300.  UTG+1 calls, other player folds, and I make the call, although am really not liking this at all.

On a 7 4 2 flop, I check, and UTG bets 5500.  UTG+1 then goes allin.  Great, I"m deducing that I"m up against AA or KK with one of the hands, so reluctantly, let my queens go.  UTG thinks for a bit, has a look at his watch, and eventually makes the call and flips over K2, for bottom pair,  FML #1.  UTG+1 flips over pocket queens, FML #2.

The queens are good, and we have a new chipleader on 45k.  I"m down to 15k.  If I"d been able to find a donk, I"m pot committed call, I"d be on nearly 30k, oh well.

During the next two levels, I manage to lose chips to most players.  Every move I try to make gets reraised, betting out on flops I"ve missed.  No worries though, we hit the first break, and I"ve got just over 9k.

Had a quite chat with some of the APATers in the break, Rich Baker was on 25k, Debbie Kimm had 17k, didn"t catch what Dave Butler"s stack was.

So, back after the break, and blinds are 100/200.  Ross Jarvis has been moved to our table, and is two to my left.  He is getting involved in a number of hands, and between him and the chipleader to his left, they are bossing the table.  Ross got involved in one hand where his fired out on all streets, and eventually the other player folded to his 5k river bet.  The board was 8844x, and when Ross mucked, the dealer accidentally flipped on of his card and showed the three of clubs.   ;D

A few hands later, and I raise it up to 575 from mid position with AQ.  Ross calls.  We see a flop of 8 8 5.  I check, Ross bets out 500, I call.  Turn is another 5.  Check check.  River is another 5.  I check, Ross bets out 4k.  That"s nearly half my stack.  I know that.  I know, he knows that.  I"m playing the board, I"m sure he is, but I"m winning 1k or losing 4k and I let it go.

Very next hand and I am dealt pocket jacks.  Again, I raise to 575, and Ross calls.  The flop comed down 8 4 2, all spades.  I bet out, Ross calls.  Turn is a 7 of clubs.  I bet out, Ross calls.  River is 2 of clubs.  I"m down to 5k, and the pot is now nearly 7k.  I don"t put him on AA, KK, QQ.  I think he would have reraised preflop from that position.  Maybe he"s got a set.  If so, well played him.  I"m sure that if I check this river, he"s going to bet at it, and I"m not sure I can call.  So, I go allin.  Ross snap calls, and shows KQ or spades.  He"d flopped the flush.  Very nice hand, FML #3.

It"s 3pm, might aswell go home.  I wish Rich and Debs goodluck, and say I will rail them from home.

Head for Waterloo Station, and have managed to make it back in front on my PC at home before 6pm.  Top Work.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 18:13:30 PM by Chipaccrual »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #281 on: April 01, 2011, 18:08:47 PM »
Two amusing stories in the paper today, whilst on the train to London.

The first was about Alex Ferguson becoming the lifetime president of some referee"s association.

The second was about gorillas and ipads.

What day was it today ?

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #282 on: April 01, 2011, 18:11:14 PM »
And I"m not sure who it was  ;) that posted on my facebook that they thought the gorilla looked like Tighty, but you know who you are, and you chose to delete your comment.   ;D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #283 on: April 01, 2011, 18:12:52 PM »

Beaten Up By Blackbelts

A few hands later, and I raise it up to 575 from mid position with AQ.  Ross calls.  We see a flop of 8 5 5.  I check, Ross bets out 500, I call.  Turn is another 5.  Check check.  River is another 5.  I check, Ross bets out 4k.  That"s nearly half my stack.  I know that.  I know, he knows that.  I"m playing the board, I"m sure he is, but I"m winning 1k or losing 4k and I let it go.

85555 + A = Nuts or am I reading this totally wrong  8)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #284 on: April 01, 2011, 18:14:23 PM »

Beaten Up By Blackbelts

A few hands later, and I raise it up to 575 from mid position with AQ.  Ross calls.  We see a flop of 8 5 5.  I check, Ross bets out 500, I call.  Turn is another 5.  Check check.  River is another 5.  I check, Ross bets out 4k.  That"s nearly half my stack.  I know that.  I know, he knows that.  I"m playing the board, I"m sure he is, but I"m winning 1k or losing 4k and I let it go.

85555 + A = Nuts or am I reading this totally wrong  8)

Whooops, one too many 5"s and not enough 8"s.  Board was 8 8 5 5 5.  Sorted it now.  I"m such a nit.   ;D