Author Topic: A Fish and his Chips  (Read 167915 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: A Fish and his Chips
« Reply #285 on: April 01, 2011, 18:30:24 PM »
Thanks to everyone that messaged about the Bunch Of Fives giveaway in a previous blog entry.  Had quite a few replies, so have decided to give away two lots of entries.

And the lucky two players are :-

ReapUrChips - Andy Overton
MFCrocker - Mark Crocker

Does my day get any worse ?  Andy, I don"t want any thanks from you whatsoever, FML #4.

Hope you guys will be able to play all five next week, but if not, use up the cash to play some Bunch Of Fives tournies as soon as you can.

Thanks for reading guys.

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #286 on: April 01, 2011, 19:54:48 PM »

And I"m not sure who it was  ;) that posted on my facebook that they thought the gorilla looked like Tighty, but you know who you are, and you chose to delete your comment.   ;D

Names. Now.

mfcrocker

• Bronze Member
« Reply #287 on: April 01, 2011, 22:18:16 PM »

Thanks to everyone that messaged about the Bunch Of Fives giveaway in a previous blog entry.  Had quite a few replies, so have decided to give away two lots of entries.

MFCrocker - Mark Crocker

Does my day get any worse ?  Andy, I don"t want any thanks from you whatsoever, FML #4.

Hope you guys will be able to play all five next week, but if not, use up the cash to play some Bunch Of Fives tournies as soon as you can.

Thanks for reading guys.

Cheers, will try to get on that :)

Quasar

• Gold Member
« Reply #288 on: April 02, 2011, 01:10:15 AM »

You were very unlucky Leigh. Can"t believe the standard of the play actually. Some of them were terrible and that"s saying something coming from me  ;D

Some very good ones too though.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #289 on: April 03, 2011, 19:27:25 PM »

MFCrocker - Mark Crocker

Thanks for reading guys.

So, Andy Overton gets some cash into his account for the Bunch Of Fives, as a thank you for reading my blog.  I then get this message from him on facebook :-

"How come you"ve put some money in my 888 account? Have i won something or is it a payment to not kiss you ever again?! ;o) "

I sometimes wonder why I bother ?  Am I able to retract funds sent through 888 ?

I"ll just send him a link to this post.   ;D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 19:29:33 PM by Chipaccrual »

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #290 on: April 03, 2011, 20:50:42 PM »
Yay me!

Do i get a gold medal?

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #291 on: April 04, 2011, 12:07:11 PM »
What a Super Sunday, and the rest of the week could get lively.

If Carlsberg did Sundays, and all that jazz.

Our new APAT champion, Mark Briggs, makes the final table of the DTD Deepstack.  Scottish hero, Louis Manson (Lewis Ranson to his friends) final tables the BlackBelt Poker Live in London, and then we get a record breaking 287 players across both division in the Online National League.  What a corker to kick the season off with.

Thoroughly enjoyed railing some of the league tables last night.  Threw in a bit of sneeky spamming for the start of the Bunch of Fives promotion, don"t think anyone latched onto what I was doing, so all good.   ;)

The banter on both final tables was excellent.  We have quite a few captains now that are sat with spreadsheets working out permutations of results as we get down to the crunch each week, and we have more and more "stats" pages appearing in the poker clubs section.

It got me thinking, maybe we should be running an APAT Fantasy Poker Player League.   ;D

You pick your "stable", so to speak, and they earn points for finishing positions, cashes, medals, knocking out players, inflicting bad beats, getting their chips in good/bad.  If I could think of a way of tracking it all, it would be immense.   :D

Got up a bit late this morning (Not a problem, as I rarely do anything other than work from home on a Monday, or travel back from an APAT weekend), but have already done my daily "Push or Fold" session.  No tables at my usual level, so dropped down a stake.  Got the same results.  That"s 6 sessions in a row now were I am up over five buyins.  I still can"t work out if I am running lucky, or what.  I still get my fair share of suckouts, and the river is not always kind, but I tend to get it in good.  This morning, I was three buyins down, after getting it in ahead AIPF three times, then kicked on, and once you have built a bit of a stack and there are a few max buyin players at the table, you just pick your spots.  Only get involved with similar stack players if you have monsters.  Well, there"s my strategy, what do I know ?

So, onto this week, which is jam packed with poker and work.

Bunch Of Fives starts tonight.  It"s my baby, and I really want it to be a success for lots of reasons.  Main reason is that if we get a reasonable number of players involved, then we will be able to run more of them, and that means more added value for the players.  888poker have been good so far in the relationship, and I want to keep it that way, so if you are planning on playing some poker this week, then why not APAT Bunch Of Fives.

I"m triple booked tonight, with the start of the Blonde League, which I really want to support Tighty on, and also the start of the Chezger League, which again, deserves some love, as Ger and all the guys there are so supportive of APAT.  And both are private tourneys, so there will be plenty of banter going around.  If you want to get involved in either, drop Rich or Ger a pm, and I"m sure they will give you the details.

Then finally, we have the satellites for Newcastle, with direct buyin on Thursday.  I think these seats will sell ridiculously quick, so a stab at the satellites prior to direct buyin, may be a prudent approach.  If you are a risk taker, then good luck on Thursday.

Right then, on with the week.   ;D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 12:10:27 PM by Chipaccrual »

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #292 on: April 04, 2011, 12:59:35 PM »

I"m triple booked tonight, with the start of the Blonde League, which I really want to support Tighty on, and also the start of the Chezger League

Quintuple booking here! I"m folding my way to victory in the Bunch of Fives, APAT Newcastle sat, EMS Freezeout League, Blonde League and ChezGer league. Apologies if I"m not chatting much ;D

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #293 on: April 05, 2011, 18:04:25 PM »

We have quite a few captains now that are sat with spreadsheets working out permutations of results as we get down to the crunch each week, and we have more and more "stats" pages appearing in the poker clubs section. I"ve never been quite so aroused.

FYP   ;)

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #294 on: April 07, 2011, 12:45:58 PM »
Watching your slow and steady climb up the Bunch of Fives leaderboard. As you said on Monday, it"s a marathon, not a sprint. Two days to go and only 91 more places. Come on Leigh, you can do it!  :)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #295 on: April 07, 2011, 14:48:28 PM »

Watching your slow and steady climb up the Bunch of Fives leaderboard. As you said on Monday, it"s a marathon, not a sprint. Two days to go and only 91 more places. Come on Leigh, you can do it!  :)

Even my plan to cancel late registration, backfired on me.   ;D

Tonight I am going to wait until everyone has regged, then systematically shut down the national grid.  That will only leave those players in my area to contend with.  I will triumph.

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #296 on: April 07, 2011, 14:53:10 PM »

Even my plan to cancel late registration, backfired on me.   ;D

Tonight I am going to wait until everyone has regged, then systematically shut down the national grid.  That will only leave those players in my area to contend with.  I will triumph.

If plan A fails, move to plan B.

Leigh preparing for tonights Bunch of Fives triumph....

Mwahahaha!

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #297 on: April 10, 2011, 00:53:48 AM »
love the push or fold ones.

taken $5 up to $95 so far tonight :p

must be luck eh :)
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #298 on: April 11, 2011, 23:34:49 PM »
Lots gone on over the weekend, which has kept me busy for one reason or another.   ;)

Will try an write up a reflective post on another weekend in the world of APAT.   ;D

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #299 on: April 15, 2011, 22:23:07 PM »
What have I started ?

I had a bit of a tidy up of my online bankroll this morning.  Just went through and withdrew from sites that I don"t really play on much, and just have funds sitting there.

One of which was Full Tilt Poker.  Looks like this may have triggered a sequence of events today in the US.

Sorry Guys.   ;)