Author Topic: A Fish and his Chips  (Read 168014 times)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: A Fish and his Chips
« Reply #300 on: April 15, 2011, 22:44:26 PM »
PMSL

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #301 on: April 17, 2011, 01:10:07 AM »

make mine a treble double  :(

couldn"t agree more leigh ;D ;D
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #302 on: April 18, 2011, 11:26:09 AM »
Poker Free

A weekend without poker ?  Nearly possible, but not quite.  I had one game I had to play, and then there was the small matter of the APAT UK Online Championship.  But apart from these, I had no poker plans, and to be honest, was quite glad about that.

It has been a hectic week on APAT, which all kicked off last Sunday with the "collusion" discussions regarding the Online National League.  5 days later, and that discussion was still going on.  So much for trying to nip it in the bud.  FAIL.

It does get you down at times, but it"s easy to forget that in the main, poker players are quite a selfish bunch.  It often comes down to what"s in it for them.  This can also make them quite two faced, although in this world of public poker forums, it"s amazing how easy this is to come across.  Yes, I do read other threads on other forums.   ;)

It"s a difficult one from an APAT point of view, as the bar has been set quite high.  Actually, after last season, the truth is that the expectation bar has been set too high for some.  And with the market now saturated with other copycat poker tours of ranging buyins, it"s no wonder that players are giving a lot more consideration as to where and how they will spend their hard earned bankroll.

I"m forever listening to everyones feedback in the forum about what APAT should or shouldn"t do.  I think if everything was implemented, we"d end up going round and round in circles every season.

But anyway, back to Saturday nights poker.  First, the playing bit.  I really wasn"t in the mood to play, but I am supporting Blondes latest league on Sky, and am actually doing okay in it, so really needed to play Saturday nights deepstack not just for the support, but to gain some more points.  Turned up 30 minutes late, doubled my stack pretty sharpish, then doubled up two players and was out pretty sharpish.  Both 5 handed, first was AK on the big bllind against the pocket aces of the button (Of course I though tit was a simple steal move).  The second one was against Steve Roderick who had limped into a 5 way pot on the small blind.  It checked all the way down until the third spade hit on the river.  My king ten of spades was looking good, however Stev had ace five of spades.  Double coolered in my opinion, but I"m sure if I put them up on the strategy board, I"ll find I played them both totally wrong.

So, onto railing the APAT game, with very little motivation.   ;D

What a great set of final tables.  Andrew Tracey won the PLO, with a final table that included Stuart Olover, Gerald Stanley, John Murray and Colin O"Prey.

The main event final table had to be reinforced due to all the medals and trophies on display.  APAT Champions Jason Jones, John Murray, Darren Shallis, Tod Wood, were joined by muti medalling Jack Prime and Steve Harrison, along with Irish team player Brian Frew, one of the Bailie Clain, Matt Bailie, and , oh yeah, Jo Sharp.   ;)

It was really enjoyable to rail.  Loads of great banter, and excellent poker played, which resulted in Jo Sharp of Luton Poker Club fame, taking down the title.  I"m not sure who was more excited, Jo or Mary, who had railed her throughout.

It may have been quarter to three on a Sunday morning, but it was worth staying up for.

The next week will definitely not be poker free, although I don"t think I"ll get much chance to play myself.  APAT hits Newcastle on Thursday for what will be a sell out four days, don"t believe the doubters.  I"m on the train at 7am on Thursday, meeting up with James Barber in London, before catching the second leg of the journey upto Newcastle.

I"ve a feeling it is going to be epic.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #303 on: April 19, 2011, 14:51:21 PM »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #304 on: April 19, 2011, 15:27:37 PM »

The next week will definitely not be poker free, although I don"t think I"ll get much chance to play myself.  APAT hits Newcastle on Thursday for what will be a sell out four days, don"t believe the doubters.  I"m on the train at 7am on Thursday, meeting up with James Barber in London, before catching the second leg of the journey upto Newcastle.

Leigh,

I"m heading up Thursday, as is Don Roberts. I think we"re both aiming for the 11.30am from Kings X as this gets us in handily for check-in time at the hotel.

Will we see you and JB on"t train or are you heading up earlier?

We"re on the 9:30am from Kings X, getting in to go and play the pre-football session.

Could be a big mistake.   ;D

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #305 on: April 19, 2011, 15:54:54 PM »

We"re on the 9:30am from Kings X, getting in to go and play the pre-football session.

Could be a big mistake.   ;D

Ugh....waaaay too early. See you in"t Aspers bar then!
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #306 on: May 04, 2011, 22:36:13 PM »
Do I hate Orange

Not been playing much poker lately, other than my amazing performances in a couple of Sit "n" Go"s up in Newcastle.   ;D

I have however, kept up my Orange Belt status on Karate Kick Poker, which gave me access to a couple of nice freerolls tonight.

8pm - Merchandise Freeroll, 53 runners, top 6 get chipsets, or hoodies or other stuff.

I managed to run my top pair into pocket aces first hand.  GG me.

Not a problem though, as my main focus was on the 9pm London Live Vegas Freeroll.  This was a winner takes all, Vegas package, and open to any Orange Belts and above that played the recent London Live event.  Technically, I only qualify on one of those criteria, as although I have an Orange belt, and entered the London Live event, I certainly wouldn"t claim to have played any poker that day.  But, hey ho, here I am, with 56 other runners, looking to grab a Vegas trip and Main Event Buy In, courtesy of Mr Channing.

All goes well for the first hour, no major hands, and I"m up and down a bit, but make the first break 6th of 41, on just over 4k from a 1.5k starting stack.

First level after the break, blinds are 40/80 and I"m involved in this hand.

UTG+1  raises to 160

Button calls
SB calls

I call from BB holding  js 8d

Flop is  8h jh qh

I check

UTG+1 bets 480
Button folds
SB folds

I raise to 1080
UTG+1 allin for 3700 total

I call with 500 back

UTG+1  kh kc

Turn  4s

River  th

I"m down to 500, and it all goes in  td 7d v  ah 6c

Seven on the flop, A6 rivers a straight

I"m not sure if either of us did anything wrong with the J8 v KK hand, I just don"t run as good as the Irish luckbox, Gareth Cash  ;D

Hopefully he"ll go on and win it.

It does sum up my poker at the moment.  I"m having one of those times, when it really doesn"t matter what I do, if I get it in good, I get unlucky, if I get it in bad, I get no luck.  Bit of a lose lose situation.

Oh to be able to run good in a tournament that matters.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #307 on: May 04, 2011, 22:48:22 PM »
I may have got that completely wrong, as I"ve just run it through a calculator post flop, and the pocket kings are ahead 52.73% / 47.27%

That surprises me a bit, I thought I would have been slight favourite, but I guess there are plenty of runner, runner straight options aswell.

The turn card makes it 64%/36% in my favour.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #308 on: May 04, 2011, 23:05:18 PM »
This has got me thinking.  How much of a dog can you be allin on the flop whilst being ahead on the flop ?

:2d: 7s v  jc qc

on a  :2h: 9c tc flop is 69.90% / 30.10% in favour of the  jc qc

Anyone beat that ?

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #309 on: May 04, 2011, 23:17:46 PM »
Damn you Leigh!

Got my maths brain going a bit mental now!

There must be worse, there MUST be!

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #310 on: May 04, 2011, 23:22:43 PM »
 ah :2s: v  7c 8c

9c tc 5h

29.1% v 70.9%
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #311 on: May 04, 2011, 23:31:12 PM »

ah :2s: v  7c 8c

9c tc 5h

29.1% v 70.9%

Dammit!

Never even thought of Ace High. Grrrrr. Nice one John. In your face Leigh!   :)

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #312 on: May 05, 2011, 03:34:33 AM »
 :2s: :2h: v  qc kc

tc jc th

28.54% v 71.46%
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #313 on: May 05, 2011, 07:56:14 AM »

Leigh

In your hand with the KK would it be right to flat call the 480.  If the board pairs on the turn or is a heart then you can get away from it. If it is a blank you can jam because he has enough behind to fold.
I presume you are putting him on a high pocket pair. If the turn card is a black king you are in trouble because you would have to class this as a blank.
England Team member WCOAP 2017
APAT Christmas Cracker winner 2016
Gold Medal-2012 Scottish Online Championship
Player of the Series October 2012
Silver Medal-2011 English Amateur Poker Championship

Twitter @CraigZozzy

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #314 on: May 05, 2011, 11:29:07 AM »

This has got me thinking.  How much of a dog can you be allin on the flop whilst being ahead on the flop ?

:2d: 7s v  jc qc

on a  :2h: 9c tc flop is 69.90% / 30.10% in favour of the  jc qc

Anyone beat that ?

AQhh 39.697% on  :2h: 9c tc versus QJcc 60.303%
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:32:36 AM by noble1 »