Author Topic: A Fish and his Chips  (Read 166466 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: A Fish and his Chips
« Reply #375 on: May 07, 2011, 19:52:45 PM »
Lottie the stealth water dog

Had a really good walk in the forest today, got back home, and she managed to snore all the way through Dr Who.

Quite enjoying the new series.  The writing has got a lot darker, but as usual it seems to have some great story lines that will run throughout the series.

Comments like that, just add to my geek status.  Sigh.   ;D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 19:55:33 PM by Chipaccrual »

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #376 on: May 07, 2011, 20:52:13 PM »
WE now don"t watch Doctor Who until the next day , as it scares my 6yr. Shame, and disappointed it"s gone in that direction.  I don"t think it could count itself as a Childrens programme anymore.
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #377 on: May 12, 2011, 17:09:52 PM »
Anybody want any coaching ?

I played a small homegame round a mates house last night.  A great opportunity to catch up with four guys I used to work with and haven"t really seen for about a year.

Great fun and lots of banter.  As seems to be the norm, I dealt and although I produced my usual confident game, I was out first.   :D

Down to three players and blinds are 400/800.  UTG shoves allin for 4.5k.  Small blind folds, and the big blind sat on about 25k dwells for ages, then decides he wants to fold.  I have a look at his cards and he has Ace King offsuit.  I just say "You"ve go to call.  In fact, if you don"t call, I"m getting up and leaving".  The other guy who was out then had a look at the cards and said similar.

So, a bit reluctantly, the big blind says "Okay, he calls"

As he"s counting out his chips, the comment is made that those cards are one of the stronger starting hands and he"s only in a bad way up against AA or KK, just as UTG flips over pocket aces.

FML, I"ve just talked a guy into running AK into AA when he had a gut feeling not to play the hand.

I felt quite bad, but it was only a fun game. more as an excuse to catch up.  Luckily the big blind was able to laugh about it, and actually went on to win it, busting AK heads up.

I am available for poker coaching any time, very reasonable rates.   ;D

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #378 on: May 13, 2011, 11:11:21 AM »

Anybody want any coaching ?

I played a small homegame round a mates house last night.  A great opportunity to catch up with four guys I used to work with and haven"t really seen for about a year.

Great fun and lots of banter.  As seems to be the norm, I dealt and although I produced my usual confident game, I was out first.   :D

Down to three players and blinds are 400/800.  UTG shoves allin for 4.5k.  Small blind folds, and the big blind sat on about 25k dwells for ages, then decides he wants to fold.  I have a look at his cards and he has Ace King offsuit.  I just say "You"ve go to call.  In fact, if you don"t call, I"m getting up and leaving".  The other guy who was out then had a look at the cards and said similar.

So, a bit reluctantly, the big blind says "Okay, he calls"

As he"s counting out his chips, the comment is made that those cards are one of the stronger starting hands and he"s only in a bad way up against AA or KK, just as UTG flips over pocket aces.

FML, I"ve just talked a guy into running AK into AA when he had a gut feeling not to play the hand.

I felt quite bad, but it was only a fun game. more as an excuse to catch up.  Luckily the big blind was able to laugh about it, and actually went on to win it, busting AK heads up.

I am available for poker coaching any time, very reasonable rates.   ;D

To be fair, sat with 25k, if you"re not calling with AK to a button shove for 4.5k(5 bbs) you"re doing something wrong!

I"ll still pass on the coaching though.  ;)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #379 on: June 05, 2011, 16:41:45 PM »
Poker Players Defy Logic

Have been playing a bit on Stars today, when an interesting situation developed.

It"s a satellite for the Sunday Warmup ($215).  $10 entry, hyper-turbo, 4max.  It was paying 4 seats, and 3 places at $20.

Down to 6 players (2 tables of 3), and the two shortstacks are on the same table (me being one of them).  I knock out the other shortie, and am now playing heads up on my table with a guy who just has me covered, but we are both sitting on about average chips.

I"m thinking, well, we can both just fold here, and grab a seat each.  One of the three players on the other table are bound to go out before we are forced to be allin due to the blinds.

But, oh no, he shoves allin, first hand on my big blind.  So, next hand, I shove allin with Q9, and he makes the call with KJ.  I bink a 9 and cripple his stack.  I knock him out two hands later, and he walks away with $20, opposed to a certain $215 seat.

Am I missing something ?   Should I not be thinking the way I do in these situations ?  Or did he just play the situation really badly himself ?

I can kind of see his logic of shoving.  How can I call without premium at this point on the bubble.  But if he is going to do that, how can I not call, otherwise with stack sizes of around 9k, and blinds at 600/1200, I am going to be stuffed if I don"t play.

Oooooh, the complexities of poker.   ;D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #380 on: June 05, 2011, 16:59:21 PM »
It"s a satellite and your aim is a seat, did you state the situation to him in the chat box? I for one would have complied whilst keeping an eye on the other table and playing the clock to its limit.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #381 on: June 05, 2011, 17:22:38 PM »

It"s a satellite and your aim is a seat, did you state the situation to him in the chat box? I for one would have complied whilst keeping an eye on the other table and playing the clock to its limit.

Chatbox was disabled.  So not a lot I could say.  It was also hand for hand.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #382 on: June 05, 2011, 17:32:59 PM »
If he complies then you do if he doesn"t then he is silly but you must respond with extreme prejudice  ;D as you did

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #383 on: June 06, 2011, 12:09:30 PM »
Strange Times

You can write all the rules and potential scenarios you like, but in the world of APAT, something different is bound to happen.

Two hours into last nights league games and both are ended with the prizepool equally paid out, due to a server crash that as far as I can tell, affected two tournaments.  Nice work.

Meanwhile, over at DTD, they are running their regular monthly deepstack, which is down to the final table, with two players wishing to remain anonymous.

Our own intrepid updater, Rich "Tightend" Prew, having effectively had a super-injunction slapped on his updating, battles on to complete another great update weekend.

But really ?  I"m sure players have reasons for not wanting their name splashed across the internet, declaring that they are degenerate, gambling, poker players, but what would happen if everyone took that approach.

In today"s world of social networking, how do they expect for this information to stay private.  One of the two players only decided to become anonymous on the second day.  I"m still trying to work that one out actually, bit late wouldn"t you say ?

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #384 on: June 06, 2011, 12:40:56 PM »

Strange Times

You can write all the rules and potential scenarios you like, but in the world of APAT, something different is bound to happen.

Two hours into last nights league games and both are ended with the prizepool equally paid out, due to a server crash that as far as I can tell, affected two tournaments.  Nice work.

Meanwhile, over at DTD, they are running their regular monthly deepstack, which is down to the final table, with two players wishing to remain anonymous.

Our own intrepid updater, Rich "Tightend" Prew, having effectively had a super-injunction slapped on his updating, battles on to complete another great update weekend.

But really ?  I"m sure players have reasons for not wanting their name splashed across the internet, declaring that they are degenerate, gambling, poker players, but what would happen if everyone took that approach.

In today"s world of social networking, how do they expect for this information to stay private.  One of the two players only decided to become anonymous on the second day.  I"m still trying to work that one out actually, bit late wouldn"t you say ?

madness, how on earth can you be kept anon in todays world as you say.  I understand DTD maybe agreeing to no names should that person(s) wish, and maybe the "official" updater be requested to mention no names...but say you were one of the other Final table players, and were say knocked out or knocked out the anon - that mean you can"t state on your own blog / FB / twitter who it was??

Ridic.
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #385 on: June 06, 2011, 14:59:09 PM »

madness, how on earth can you be kept anon in todays world as you say.  I understand DTD maybe agreeing to no names should that person(s) wish, and maybe the "official" updater be requested to mention no names...but say you were one of the other Final table players, and were say knocked out or knocked out the anon - that mean you can"t state on your own blog / FB / twitter who it was??

You can say whatever you like. Took about two mins to find the names on another forum.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #386 on: July 02, 2011, 19:46:42 PM »
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 19:49:39 PM by Chipaccrual »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member