Author Topic: A Fish and his Chips  (Read 167982 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: A Fish and his Chips
« Reply #420 on: August 06, 2011, 10:33:37 AM »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #421 on: August 06, 2011, 11:19:38 AM »
Our Hot Water Tank is Dangerous

Further house news, and we"ve got a leaking hot water tank.  The tank is part of what appears to be a rather complex  system with would not look out of place in a nuclear power station.

We call out a plumber on Wednesday, who unfortunately is going on a caravan holiday to Weymouth, but will pass the details to his partner to get us a quote to replace it, but it"ll be next week before he can sort it.

We would have called out the boyfriend of one of Jen"s work colleagues, but he couldn"t get out to look at it straight away.  However, due to the delay, we"d rather give him the work, so he"s popping out in an hour or so to take a look, and will do the work as quickly as the other plumber (who still hasn"t come back to us).

He"s known as Mickey, and I"ve swapped a few emails with him with pics of the tank and information etc.  His email address is mikeverwood@ xxxxxxxxx.xxx

So, this morning, I ask Jen, "Is Mike"s surname Verwood then ?"

"You mean Mickey ?", she replies

"Yeah, but he"s Mike on his email ?", I state

"He"s actually called Michael, but everyone calls him Mickey.  Verwood is where they live.  His actual surname is Jackson"

Priceless.  So, in an hour, we have a plumber called Michael Jackson popping round to have a look at our hot water tank.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

If you wish to reply to this post, you must include an MJ pun, and it cannot be one that has been used by anyone previously on this thread.  Good Luck
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:38:02 AM by Chipaccrual »

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #422 on: August 06, 2011, 12:07:10 PM »
Hope there"s nothing seriously BAD with the tank mate (I suck at puns)
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

cashman

• Gold Member
« Reply #423 on: August 06, 2011, 12:29:55 PM »
we all know i can"t rock with you on the dance floor
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 13:08:41 PM by cashman0 »
TEAM GOTHAM  (penguin)
Gold Medalist APAT ECOAP 2012 for Team Republic of Ireland

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #424 on: August 06, 2011, 12:39:34 PM »
No Michael Jackson jokes please. Remember this is someone who touched people of all ages during his life.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Moocher

• Bronze Member
« Reply #425 on: August 06, 2011, 14:25:27 PM »
Im sorry, but this Michael Jackson story is plumbing new depths.

Ohh, Wait a mo,

So did he !!  ;D
Call me Mooch

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #426 on: August 06, 2011, 14:45:52 PM »
You need to to be careful with Plumbers Leigh, they can be really smooth, criminal even, they just dont stop till they"ve had enough. He may even come up with some off the wall story like you you have bubbles in your tank, but dont let him rock with you. He"s likely gonna wanna be starting something but, you can always tell him to beat it.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • I can play better....... I never have, but I can!!
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #427 on: August 06, 2011, 15:07:27 PM »
Leigh, if it"s any consolation I remember the time my hot water tank leaked. At first I thought it was going to bring all the paint off the wall but I contacted a very good plumber, asked him to come and look the next morning and he said "I"ll be there". He arranged for a new tank to be delivered in a couple of days and came round to replace it. It all went as easy as ABC. So, don"t think they don"t care about us, you are not alone!
(Luton 2010 Bronze Medal Winner)
(Online 2020 Silver Medal Winner)

GOLD MEDAL COMING IN 2030

cashman

• Gold Member
« Reply #428 on: August 06, 2011, 15:27:14 PM »

You need to to be careful with Plumbers Leigh, they can be really smooth, criminal even, they just dont stop till they"ve had enough. He may even come up with some off the wall story like you you have bubbles in your tank, but dont let him rock with you. He"s likely gonna wanna be starting something but, you can always tell him to beat it.

have to agree with this as there are allot of cowboys out there that want to rip you off, smooth criminals the lot of them.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 17:38:46 PM by cashman0 »
TEAM GOTHAM  (penguin)
Gold Medalist APAT ECOAP 2012 for Team Republic of Ireland

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #429 on: August 06, 2011, 17:21:42 PM »

have to agree with this as there are allot of cowboys out there that want to rip you off

Davy, is it a good thing that you are free of the ravages of subtlety and irony ?

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #430 on: August 06, 2011, 17:42:45 PM »

have to agree with this as there are allot of cowboys out there that want to rip you off, smooth criminals the lot of them.

Hmmmm, shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, me thinks.   ::)

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #431 on: August 06, 2011, 18:29:31 PM »

have to agree with this as there are allot of cowboys out there that want to rip you off

Davy, is it a good thing that you are free of the ravages of subtlety and irony ?

Giggle  ;D
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #432 on: August 07, 2011, 13:17:34 PM »
Leigh I want to be where you are, Although you must sometimes think just "leave me alone" and not fly off the wall. It"s not always Black or White. One day in your life things will come together on the house. At the moment where you need to go is A Place with No name, but keep calm Behind The Mask and you will Beat It. Don"t stop til you get enough. I know it feels Dangerous but tomorrow"s A Brand New Day.  

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #433 on: August 16, 2011, 16:51:54 PM »
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017