Author Topic: A Fish and his Chips  (Read 167922 times)

AJDUK

• Gold Member
Re: A Fish and his Chips
« Reply #585 on: February 23, 2012, 17:16:30 PM »
I"d play anything limit but then I"m living in the past  :(

GL Leigh!!!
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #586 on: February 24, 2012, 16:14:31 PM »

So, the WBCOOP schedule started an hour ago.  I"ve got myself tickets to play upto ten of the events.  Each one has SCOOP added value tickets for the top 108 runners, with each of those getting a seat in the $5k added grand final.

So, what would you play ?

WBCOOP 2012 Tournament Schedule

Event   Date   Time   Game
1   Thu 23rd Feb   15:00   NLHE
2   Thu 23rd Feb   19:00   PLO [6-Max]
3   Thu 23rd Feb   23:00   FL Badugi
4   Fri 24th Feb   15:00   NLH/PLO [Turbo]
5   Fri 24th Feb   19:00   NLHE [Triple Shootout]
6   Fri 24th Feb   23:00   8-Game
7   Sat 25th Feb   15:00   NLHE [6-Max]
8   Sat 25th Feb   19:00   NLHE
9   Sat 25th Feb   23:00   PLO [6-Max]
10   Sun 26th Feb   15:00   Stud
11   Sun 26th Feb   19:00   NLH/PLO
12   Sun 26th Feb   23:00   Stud Hi/Lo [Turbo]
13   Mon 27th Feb   15:00   NLHE [4-Max]
14   Mon 27th Feb   19:00   PL 5-Card Draw [6-Max]
15   Mon 27th Feb   23:00   NLHE [6-Max, Turbo]
16   Tue 28th Feb   15:00   Triple Stud
17   Tue 28th Feb   19:00   NLHE [Heads-Up]
18   Tue 28th Feb   23:00   PLO [Turbo]
19   Wed 29th Feb   15:00   FLHE [6-Max]
20   Wed 29th Feb   19:00   PLHE [Turbo]
21   Wed 29th Feb   23:00   NLHE [Triple Shootout, 10-Max]
22   Thu 1st Mar   15:00   PLO [6-Max]
23   Thu 1st Mar   19:00   NLHE [Big Antes]
24   Thu 1st Mar   23:00   NL Omaha Hi/Lo
25   Fri 2nd Mar   15:00   NLHE [Deepstacks]
26   Fri 2nd Mar   19:00   PL Omaha Hi/Lo [6-Max]
27   Fri 2nd Mar   23:00   NLHE [Turbo]
28   Sat 3rd Mar   15:00   HORSE
29   Sat 3rd Mar   19:00   NLHE [6-Max]
30   Sat 3rd Mar   23:00   NLHE
31   Sun 4th Mar   15:00   NLHE Main Event

What are the buy-ins to those?
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #587 on: February 24, 2012, 16:28:05 PM »
Free if you blogged about the WBCOOP in advance.  Everyone who registered and was approved gets tickets to play ten of them.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #588 on: February 24, 2012, 16:28:50 PM »
oh
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #589 on: February 24, 2012, 17:08:00 PM »
Grow Your Own 2

Things are coming together nicely.  On Monday I purchased the necessary materials to make the raised beds.

And this morning, I built the first one.

A bit more clearing and digging on the weekend, and we should have the first one in place.  It is a Six Nations Rugby weekend though, and I"ve got to do a Heathrow run, so plans may change.   ;D

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #590 on: February 24, 2012, 17:41:57 PM »

Grow Your Own 2

Things are coming together nicely.  On Monday I purchased the necessary materials to make the raised beds.

And this morning, I built the first one.

A bit more clearing and digging on the weekend, and we should have the first one in place.  It is a Six Nations Rugby weekend though, and I"ve got to do a Heathrow run, so plans may change.   ;D

Looks like you weren"t joking when you said "this morning"!
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #591 on: February 26, 2012, 16:53:00 PM »
Grow Your Own 3

A cracking Sunday morning, so no excuses not to get out in the garden and continue the "project"

The first raised bed was finished, so I"d left it in Jen"s capable hands to select a choice of colour so we could paint the wood , help it blend into the garden and also protect the wood some more.  She chose a silvery green (as it was described to me), so I got on with the paintwork.

Halfway through my painting, Jen said to me "You don"t like the colour, do you"

I chose to give the honest answer, "No, not really"

"Why", she enquires

"Well" says I, "To be truthful, it"s Man City fecking blue isn"t it."

After both having a good laugh about it, we decided to let it dry and see if it turned a bit greener over time.

Whilst waiting for paint to dry, we got onto preparing the ground, which required a good bit of digging out.

Digging a massive hole did however cause a considerable amount of confusion from our chocolate labrador, Lottie.

Got the bed in place, liner in, and refilled with combination of sieved top soil and compost.

Just needs a bit more filling and then the top rails to finish it off.

Still looks bloody sky blue if you ask me, might have to sneak out with a tin of red paint one night.   ;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 19:27:56 PM by Chipaccrual »

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #592 on: February 26, 2012, 19:04:35 PM »

I chose to give the honest answer, "No, not really"

Would"ve expected better from a man of your experience  ;)
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #593 on: February 27, 2012, 08:46:41 AM »
WBCOOP - Late Kick Off

Since the WBCOOP started last week, it"s been a case of life getting in the way of poker.  That used to get me annoyed, but I"ve since realised that anyone who"s got it the other way round, is not in a good place.

Saturday brought about a trip to Jen"s parents.  They are off to Australia for ten weeks to house sit for some friends of theirs who are going to South America.  It took them all of about 5 seconds to say yes when they were asked.  Ten weeks on the Gold Coast in March and April, not sure I"d have even needed 5 seconds.

It did bring up a funny situation.  On the way there, Jen and I cut through the the New Forest.  I was driving, and taking my usual route when we got to a junction.  Jen says "what are you going that way for ?  Go straight on, it"ll be quicker"

Not overly bothered, I drive on.  A few miles donw the road and we turn off again.  I don"t know these roads very well, so am using my built in human Sat Nav skills to make sure we are heading in the rough direction.  We get to a t-junction and I say to Jen "Left or Right ?"  And her response

"I don"t know, I always get lost around here, and starts to program her parents address into the Sat Nav on the car"

Brilliant.  Roll on eight hours and I"m heading around the M25 with Jen"s parents on the way to Heathrow.  Terminal 3 is the drop off point, I know it well, so it should be a straight in and out job.  We head towards the Terminal 4 & 5 signs and Jen"s dad says "Are you not turning off here ?"

To which I respond "You did say Terminal 3 ?"

To which he says "Yes, but we normally turn off here and come in round the back, it"s a lot quicker"

Not wishing to cause any offense, I comply and then follow a bunch of directions from my passenger.  Of course, they"ve not been to Heathrow since they did that small bit of building work the other summer.  Now, what"s it called again, oh yes, that"s it

TERMINAL 5

Eventually, we get to the drop off point at Terminal 3.  I throw them and their bags out of the car without stopping and screech away (Not really)

Anyone sense a theme in those two tales ?

Back to the poker, and after another day in the garden (that you can read about above), I settled down to play the WBCOOP Event #11  Mixed NLHE/PLO.  A bit of late reg after cooking some dinner saw me sat down with 3k in chips on a 15 minute clock and 377 other like minded folk for company.

Not much of a tale to tell, just gradually increased my stack and before I knew it, we"d hit the ticket bubble at 108.  Continued playing steady poker, and was 2/10 as we played 5 handed to hit the final table.

Then came my big mistake/blowup.  Bllind on blind, I raise with A9.  I get reraised by the BB.  I think he"s at it, so in a tired show of muscle, I shove my 180k allin.  He snap calls, whooooops.  He"s got pocket Jacks, but that"s okay, because everyone spikes an ace against me when they need it, so variance will see me good.

Unfortunately not in this case, so down to 20k, I ducked and dived for another two orbits, but eventually got it in with KQ suited, but an ace high was good enough.

Great tournament, and chuffed to cash for a $22 SCOOP ticket in my first one.  There"s 17 left, and I really need to try and play another 9 of them without putting life on hold for the rest of the week.

The only thing I was gutted about last night was that I was going to go to bed and play the rest of the tournament there, so logged into the app on my phone, but even though the app provides for NLHE and PLO, it"s not yet setup to cope with a mixed game.  I"m sure Stars will be working on that one, they normally are.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 19:31:58 PM by Chipaccrual »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #594 on: February 28, 2012, 19:29:56 PM »
WBCOOP #17 Heads Up Combat

Regged early for this one and took my chances as to whether or not I would be home in time.  I'd logged into the app on my phone as I thought it would be touch and go as my meeting with a Swedish cider rep had run on slightly longer than planned.

I made it home with a few minutes to spare, but by the time I got organised the game had started on my phone and the Canadian scamp known as langdon14 had already gone about depleting my 1500 stack of chips.

So, iPhone in hand, I set about the Canadian challenger.

My opponent was very much the aggressor, and I was struggling to get going.  My opponent had a 2:1 chip advantage when this hand was played

PokerStars Hand #76366581319: Tournament #514054603, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) - 2012/02/28 19:04:27 WET [2012/02/28 14:04:27 ET]
Table "514054603 40" 2-max Seat #1 is the button

Seat 1: langdon14 (1980 in chips)
Seat 2: Chipaccrual (1020 in chips)

langdon14: posts small blind 10
Chipaccrual: posts big blind 20

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Chipaccrual [Ac 9h]
langdon14: raises 20 to 40
Chipaccrual: calls 20

*** FLOP *** [Js 8h 6d]
Chipaccrual: checks
langdon14: bets 40
Chipaccrual: calls 40

*** TURN *** [Js 8h 6d] [2s]
langdon14: bets 80
Chipaccrual: calls 80

*** RIVER *** [Js 8h 6d 2s] [2c]
langdon14: bets 400
Chipaccrual: calls 400

*** SHOW DOWN ***
langdon14: shows [Td Kd] (a pair of Deuces)
Chipaccrual: shows [Ac 9h] (a pair of Deuces - Ace kicker)
Chipaccrual collected 1120 from pot

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1120 | Rake 0
Board [Js 8h 6d 2s 2c]
Seat 1: langdon14 (button) (small blind) showed [Td Kd] and lost with a pair of Deuces
Seat 2: Chipaccrual (big blind) showed [Ac 9h] and won (1120) with a pair of Deuces

To say our Canadian friend was not pleased with my play with the better hand is a slight understatement

langdon14: uk donkey fk

Their dismay was complete 9 hands later when my A8 was all conquering against their pocket 7's on an eight high flop.

Langdon14: i hope u fkn die u god damn fkn donkey ***get

So, onto round 2, whatever happens, I've already had enough entertainment and abuse for one evening.  Back on my laptop now with the chat switched off.   ;)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #595 on: February 28, 2012, 20:02:57 PM »
Round 2 complete.  I felt quite bad for the Chilean player "MaxiAndres1"

Not only did they get drawn against me and have to put up with my poker playing, but they also got disconnected.

I did have a small chip lead at the time (nearly 2:1), which was nearer 5:1 by the time they got back on.

Brings back the old debate about what do you do in this situation.  If it"s an APAT game, then I"m hanging on to see if they can get reconnected, otherwise it"s a case of grab as many chips while you can.   ;D

Round 3 awaits, a win in that and I"m in the cash.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #596 on: February 28, 2012, 20:17:06 PM »

Round 2 complete.  I felt quite bad for the Chilean player "MaxiAndres1"

Not only did they get drawn against me and have to put up with my poker playing, but they also got disconnected.

I did have a small chip lead at the time (nearly 2:1), which was nearer 5:1 by the time they got back on.

Brings back the old debate about what do you do in this situation.  If it"s an APAT game, then I"m hanging on to see if they can get reconnected, otherwise it"s a case of grab as many chips while you can.   ;D

Round 3 awaits, a win in that and I"m in the cash.

exactly my stance (unless it"s scouse)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #597 on: February 28, 2012, 20:53:09 PM »
dl_kreol from Russia is defeated and I"m into Round 4.

That"s a $11 SCOOP ticket in the bag, only need another 6 wins to bag the $215 SCOOP ticket.

(Luck is bound to run out eventually  :D )

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #598 on: February 28, 2012, 21:03:34 PM »

dl_kreol from Russia is defeated and I"m into Round 4.

That"s a $11 SCOOP ticket in the bag, only need another 6 wins to bag the $215 SCOOP ticket.

(Luck is bound to run out eventually  :D )

Get it done Leigh.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #599 on: February 28, 2012, 21:41:14 PM »

PokerStars Hand #76366581319: Tournament #514054603, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Match Round I, Level I (10/20) - 2012/02/28 19:04:27 WET [2012/02/28 14:04:27 ET]
Table "514054603 40" 2-max Seat #1 is the button

Seat 1: langdon14 (1980 in chips)
Seat 2: Chipaccrual (1020 in chips)

I reckon you ought to post a pictorially-enhanced hand history Leigh. Please.