Author Topic: PS3 / XBOX / WII / PC  (Read 21591 times)

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
PS3 / XBOX / WII / PC
« on: January 12, 2011, 13:22:17 PM »
Thought it was about time we had game thread were you can put your views on what console is best, review on the latest games, challenge people, list your top scores and so on.

I started off with a Spectrum then an Atari then came a big step up in gaming with the Play Station followed by the PS2. Then came poker so I stopped playing until the Wii came along which got my appetite back but the Wii is ok for kids or party games but if you are going to play games like COD, F1 then you need a better machine so I invested in a PS3 mainly to play one game F1.

PS3 v XBOX
The two main consoles out there are the PS3 and XBOX, so which is the best? I stuck with the PS3 simple because I am used to it plus it has got Blue ray and it's free to go online with it.

F1 IS THE NUTS
The best racing game I have been on, but now with it being online to it's just gone up another gear. The F1 games have always been one of my favourite games since I was able to hold a joy stick, but now Codemasters are doing them it's even better. The graphics, the game play, the sound, full race or 3 lap race you can set your own difficulty and have a career mode. In other words simple the best racing game. Unless you know better?    

If anybody fancy's a game let me know. 

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: PS3 / XBOX / WII / PC
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 13:29:05 PM »

Lol, I thought this was spam when I read the thread title, and was about to wave the ban stick...

I"m not a gamer, can"t keep up with all this new fangled technology, but I used to enjoy Sonic on some game console I can"t remember the name of.

I always liked Tetris, is that still available on the consoles of today...?

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 13:35:02 PM »

Lol, I thought this was spam when I read the thread title, and was about to wave the ban stick...

I"m not a gamer, can"t keep up with all this new fangled technology, but I used to enjoy Sonic on some game console I can"t remember the name of.

I always liked Tetris, is that still available on the consoles of today...?

Merry belated Christmas:

http://www.freetetris.org/game.php
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 14:09:23 PM »
Sinclair ZX Spectrum is not on your list Wayne...?

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 14:12:36 PM »
I"ll get the wee man to respond. It"s for kidz innit  ;D

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 14:34:38 PM »
Atari - (Hold unofficial world record for River Raid!)
Spectrum 128 (+2).. Football Director best game

Then the x-box

Then got Wii (agree, kids and party games, although I play F1 on it which is superb)

Then Xbox360 and just brought the kinect for xmas with it too.  A maze ing bit of kit.  :o

Son plays Assasin Creed on it, which looks superb, but I can"t get near it at the moment!  ::)

As I"ve only being in a household that has Xbox, I can"t compare with PS3, other than what I have heard that for gaming Xbox, but for family entertainment system then PS3.
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 14:39:48 PM »

Sinclair ZX Spectrum is not on your list Wayne...?

Yep, had that aswell

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 14:42:52 PM »

Atari - (Hold unofficial world record for River Raid!)
Spectrum 128 (+2).. Football Director best game

Then the x-box

Then got Wii (agree, kids and party games, although I play F1 on it which is superb)

Then Xbox360 and just brought the kinect for xmas with it too.  A maze ing bit of kit.  :o

Son plays Assasin Creed on it, which looks superb, but I can"t get near it at the moment!  ::)

As I"ve only being in a household that has Xbox, I can"t compare with PS3, other than what I have heard that for gaming Xbox, but for family entertainment system then PS3.

If you have it on the Wii (i also did) then the PS3 and i would presum XBOX is 10 times better

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 15:02:55 PM »
Microsoft have taken things to a new level with the introduction of Kinect for Xbox.
Sony or Nintendo systems aren"t even close in this regard.

Before Kinect, you have to admire Nintendo for increasing their market share through the new concept of the Wii. Many people now have Wii + PS or Wii + XBox.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 15:09:51 PM »
WII

Isn"t that for northerners only?...Wy-Eye
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 15:41:37 PM »
I have ps3 and x box .... Alan Wake is a great game as is fear 1 and 2  , just bought call of duty black ops and red dead redeption but cant get on it yet as kids are playin kinnect sports with me of course  which is great , i hold record in 100 meters 8.50 and javalin 96.60 meters any challengers?????? my x box name is TonyTrippzzzz , also online challenge is on for black ops with craig mcguiness bring it on any one
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 17:30:37 PM »
Been a gamer since a kid, my first computer being a Vic 20! Then moved on to the Speccy. Used to program on them both which is why i"m now a Software Engineer.

Currently do my gaming on a PS3. Choice between that comes down to the games you like more than anything. For me the PS3 exclusives are far better than the 360 ones and i also get to watch blu-rays, can now get my lovefilm subscription through there along with Vidzone for free music vids and various other things. It"s certainly not just a family entertainment system. I use mine mostly for gaming and the games i play generallly aren"t ones i"d want kids playing! And i definitely wouldn"t want them watching my movie collection!

The old PS3/360 argument will go on and now we have Kinect/Move there"s a whole new argument but there"s not a vast amount of difference between the two and can"t agree with Stu that they"re not even close (although the Wii tech is very different). The tech is very similar and each has its plusses and minuses. Personally i have no real interest in either as all the games so far are rubbish compared to normal games, plus i"m a lazy git and have no interest in standing in my living room pretending to run/jump and waving my arms about when i can lay in my pants on the sofa with a controller and a beer by my side! And just so you know, i do the same when playing online poker too. Lol.  :o ;)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 17:35:03 PM »
Think I grew out of games a while ago - now prefer to play online poker if I have time to spare. That said, FIFA 2011 on the Wii is pretty decent - if only I could beat the kids, but no chance of that.  Oh, and still love a bash at Mario Kart every now and then - the kids can"t touch me on that!

There are three PS2s around the house, and over 200 games, but the only stuff that gets played on it now is Buzz and Singstar when we have dinner parties.

Wii Fit+ is probably the "game" I use most now.

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 18:00:10 PM »

Wii Fit+ is probably the "game" I use most now.

You hide that well Steve.  :)

destroyer316

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 19:25:18 PM »
Xbox -- The xbox is a console for a gamer who wants to play online properly with friends and on various games and this seems to be the view of many people. The online costs around £40 but it is worth the cost as you get many different services with xbox live

PS3 -- The PS3 is usually bought by the "Part-time" gamer that the main selling point is not the games but the perks that you get with it (Blue ray) but with the free online some people would rather not pay more money to play online.

Wii -- The Wii is a fun console but cannot be used for serious games although nintendo believe that it can seens as it brings out big console games such as FIFA and COD (awful on Wii)

PC -- IMO the PC is good for games such as World of Warcraft, SIMS and Football manager games if you just like playing a casual PC game or you can play the more serious titles such as Counter Strike and other games like that but the PC is where most of the cheats are seen as it is easier to MOD a PC game

I have an XBOX and i wouldn"t sell or trade it in for a PS3 although my favourite game is on it (Metal Gear Solid) My gamertag is Destroyer3i6 if you wanna play some games online