Author Topic: APAT Southern European Amateur Championships Live Update  (Read 148708 times)

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
Re: APAT Southern European Amateur Championships Live Update
« Reply #705 on: January 25, 2011, 02:01:45 AM »
You certainly did very well there Damian....

Your story reminded me of a hand I was involved in around the same time that some may have picked up on the feed from Tighty, but as memory serves it went like this.

The first 2 levels on table 1 were a bit of a frenzy with the locals seemingly unable or unwilling to play for the required 10/12 hours to make day 2. We had large exchanges of chips prior to this hand.

I"m in the SB and have  qs qh, with the blinds at 50/100.

UTG raises to 425. It folds round to the very active local in the cut-off who insta raises to 1475. It folds to me.

Hmmm I think, how to play this. I have 14.5k, the initial raiser has 8k behind and the re-raiser 7k behind at this point. If I ship, I assume at least one will call me given their records thus far and the chips in the middle and if I lose I"m down to 6k, but if I ship and win I"m on my way.

I assume that neither have to be as strong as AK given their previous play but could of course have me crushed so I elect to raise to 3400 to see what happens.

UTG insta shoves All-In and the cut-off almost gets his chips in before he does with another All-In.

Well I guess I found my answer, so I smile, say "I fold" and flip the Q"s to a gasp from the rest of the table.

UTG has  kh ks and the cut-off has  :as: ah

Flop is  7h 5s :2h: turn  9h and the river  qd

I laugh, UTG leaves and the cut-off flops into his chair, shaking his head, and then shakes my hand.

I slightly happier story that Damians, but none the less exciting.
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #706 on: January 25, 2011, 02:30:57 AM »
See Richard that is why you are a better player than me - not the result it was cruel - the correct play there was fold - but I could not have done it --my hat is doffed to you

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #707 on: January 25, 2011, 11:43:53 AM »
Why thank you kind sir.....I"ll consider myself doffed!!
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

gunnerdamo

• Silver Member
« Reply #708 on: January 25, 2011, 17:04:32 PM »
You can only call there if you have aces or kings, even kings id be thinking of folding but well played sir, the out come ment nothing, it was the right fold, well done. my good friend robbie lakes folded queens to a raise and an all in, so it can be done, turns out he would have won also but those are the laydowns you have to make.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 17:08:04 PM by gunnerdamo »

DogginDave

« Reply #709 on: January 25, 2011, 18:42:36 PM »
Well said Damo, well said!!

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #710 on: January 25, 2011, 21:02:53 PM »

You can only call there if you have aces or kings, even kings id be thinking of folding but well played sir, the out come ment nothing, it was the right fold, well done. my good friend robbie lakes folded queens to a raise and an all in, so it can be done, turns out he would have won also but those are the laydowns you have to make.
Ironically Robbie took me out... ad kh v  qh 8h flop  :as: qd qc
APAT Season 6 statistics