Author Topic: Do you have some old and unused pairs of glasses and are you playing Bolton?  (Read 12310 times)

ashhen

• Silver Member
If you answered yes to both parts of the subject line then can I tempt you to bring them along this weekend to the team game? Any which are handed over will be distributed amongst visually impaired people in East Africa in a few weeks time. They are in great demand out there and yet so many people over here have them in drawers taking up space.

I"ll also be taking out some second-hand mobile phones so if you have an old one which works (chargers would be nice but are not essential) and it has been unlocked (if its a Nokia then it doesnt matter if it is unlocked/locked). If the phone is decent then you"d be better off sending it off to Mazuma Mobile or similar, but if it is old and pretty much worthless then it could soon be in a remote mudhut helping a small community keep in touch and deal with emergencies.

My name is Tom Feilding and I"ll be in a Gambling Network Forum hoodie so track me down or just hand them over to someone in my team who can pass them along the line.

Thanks APAT!

Laxie

• Platinum Member
No promises as I"m not sure what"s here - but will deffo have a tear around the house to see if I can find any of the above for ya.  

Kev B

Will take a look. Also I"ll link this to the VIP forum.

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
Nice idea, ill have a look for some old sunnies for you. But i have to ask, do they need mobiles in East Africa?

ashhen

• Silver Member
Thanks guys and gals.

Mobiles are important out there cos distances are pretty large. As an example: the place I am based at when visiting is a school for the blind whose catchment area is approximately 5 hours drive in all directions - so imagine how tough it is letting parents know basic things like when their child needs to be returning after school holidays.

blowfly

• Silver Member
  • "AKA Mrs D"
Will defo have a look and bring what we have - I"ve had some scary gigs (glasses to non mancs) over the years that I"m sure could go to a new home!

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
I have been hunting and found a few of my wife and daughters old pairs. Will bring them with me today. Great cause Tom, wp.

ashhen

• Silver Member
Thanks to those who gave me glasses at the weekend - including the anonymous player who left them on my seat during a break.

ian.ski309

• Gold Member

Thanks to those who gave me glasses at the weekend - including the anonymous player who left them on my seat during a break.

You"re very welcome. I just didn"t want to make a spectacle of myself  :D
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

blowfly

• Silver Member
  • "AKA Mrs D"
Argghh - forgot all about this so we din"t bring any? Will there be an opportunity to bring them again next season or was it a one off thing? Let us know and we"ll see what we can do next time eh?

ashhen

• Silver Member
Thanks Blowfly - I"ll likely be going out at about the same time next year (March) so I"ll be on the scrounge again before the next one.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
Oh FFS!!!  Brought them...and they"re still sitting safely in my suitcase.  Geez louise.  I can post them if yer not going for another bit.

ashhen

• Silver Member
Thanks Laxie - I"ll send you a PM with my address

ashhen

• Silver Member
Thanks to those who gave me glasses in Bolton. You might see your glasses in this pic:

And I have done a TR here: http://www.gamblingnetwork.com/forums/general-chat-fun/14683-toms-tanzanian-diary-2011-a.html