Author Topic: Season 5  (Read 10062 times)

cgull69

• Bronze Member
Season 5
« on: February 14, 2011, 01:26:44 AM »
With the dates for season 5 to be announced shortly I was interested in knowing who is likely to be participating for team Brighton?

I see that we have 22 registered players so it was a little dissapointing last season that the most we had for any of the league games was 3 or 4 with 2 being the norm. I do understand that people have work/family commitments and financial restraints but surely we can put up a better show than that?

Although I enjoy the banter and the games themselves it would be great if we could emulate our football team and put a solid push in for promotion rather than settling for mid-table mediocrity.

Feel free to label me a glory hunter but I do enjoy being a winner.

So if there is not much of a response to this post I will be putting in a transfer request and will be open to the best offer (beer tokens, or a coke and a bag of crisps).

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Season 5
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 10:22:09 AM »

With the dates for season 5 to be announced shortly I was interested in knowing who is likely to be participating for team Brighton?

I see that we have 22 registered players so it was a little dissapointing last season that the most we had for any of the league games was 3 or 4 with 2 being the norm. I do understand that people have work/family commitments and financial restraints but surely we can put up a better show than that?

Although I enjoy the banter and the games themselves it would be great if we could emulate our football team and put a solid push in for promotion rather than settling for mid-table mediocrity.

Feel free to label me a glory hunter but I do enjoy being a winner.

So if there is not much of a response to this post I will be putting in a transfer request and will be open to the best offer (beer tokens, or a coke and a bag of crisps).

If the few who do turn out for the Brighton team wish to disband and throw their lot in with the winning Solent team, I sure something could be arranged.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Quasar

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 13:27:45 PM »

ok well as Sean has posted this I might as well say now that I am going to be playing for Kent next season. I spoke to Ian Thompson ages ago about it, as I was really disappointed with the turnout for Brighton and also the lack of an active captain. Sean and I have really been the only 2 regular players. I have already spoken to Sean about this at the weekend, so I"m not just abandoning him.

Ian is a great captain, always plays and encourages his small band of players. I"m looking forward to being part of the Kent team and as Kent isn"t much further from me than Brighton I"m not going to feel guilty about it.

Roll on Season 5  ;D

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 16:43:15 PM »
Do Kent have a team?

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 18:00:53 PM »
Yes, but somebody labelled us Thanet, which is an island in Kent(not strictly an island)

WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 19:44:20 PM »
Luton are always looking!  ;)
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Quasar

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 20:00:49 PM »

Luton are always looking!  ;)

this made me ;D

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 20:34:06 PM »
You"ve gotta love Waz  ;D
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 06:37:32 AM »

Yes, but somebody labelled us Thanet, which is an island in Kent(not strictly an island)

Ok

I thought you had some insider information on next season. Dropping the city's and having county's  

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 22:26:26 PM »

Ok

I thought you had some insider information on next season. Dropping the city?s and having county?s  

Interesting thought Wayne!!
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver

teaulc

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 16:24:48 PM »

ok well as Sean has posted this I might as well say now that I am going to be playing for Kent next season. I spoke to Ian Thompson ages ago about it, as I was really disappointed with the turnout for Brighton and also the lack of an active captain. Sean and I have really been the only 2 regular players. I have already spoken to Sean about this at the weekend, so I"m not just abandoning him.

Ian is a great captain, always plays and encourages his small band of players. I"m looking forward to being part of the Kent team and as Kent isn"t much further from me than Brighton I"m not going to feel guilty about it.

Roll on Season 5  ;D

apologies for not being as active as i could have been,i did play in half the games but the other half i was not able to due to other commitments.
i am happy to stand down as captain forthwith to let someone else who is more able to take over
Central European Online Omaha Champion 2010.
Team Member of Punters Lounge, Winners of the Team Challenge 2018

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 23:23:28 PM »
As the Brighton team has been discontinued, any of the players who wish to join the Solent team will be very welcome.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Quasar

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 23:53:11 PM »

As the Brighton team has been discontinued, any of the players who wish to join the Solent team will be very welcome.

thanks, will keep to my original word and hop over to Kent, but thank you  ;D

I feel quite sad Brighton has gone now  :(

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 00:37:04 AM »
Sorry about that guys, but with a few strong teams around you (Solent, Kent, London) it just makes sense as far as the leagues go.

Wish you all plenty of success with your new chosen teams.

Quasar

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 00:54:08 AM »

Thanks Leigh, I totally understand and Brighton wasn"t really going to be active anyway, so it made sense to drop it.

haha the poor Kent lot have got me next season now  ;D