Author Topic: What makes the perfect sandwich?  (Read 15454 times)

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
What makes the perfect sandwich?
« on: February 17, 2011, 17:17:09 PM »
While we wait for season 5, I thought I would start another "I'm board" thread.

I want to build the sandwich from scratch, so the first part is "What kind of bread"?  

White, Brown, Wholemeal ect ect
Sliced, Hand cut, Bread Cake, Torpedo ect ect.

I like a straight forward white thick slice  

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
Re: What makes the perfect sandwich?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 17:22:27 PM »
Belfast bap...pull out the middle...stuff with spicy bikers...easy game!!!
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 17:37:48 PM »

I want to build the sandwich from scratch, so the first part is "What kind of bread"?  

Ah now that"s a cracking question.  You"re essentially asking "what"s the meaning of life" aren"t you because it"s different for everyone.  I"ve had arguments about this with sammich eaters all over the world, but I"m convinced that the perfect sammich will always mirror the eater"s personality.

For example, according to my research 74% of sammich eaters who consider themselves Conservative will be 83% more likely to enjoy a beef sammich than 93% of all other regular sammich enthusiasts.

By comparison a more liberal sammich eaten by the sandal wearing bohemian types who pretend to enjoy poetry and make love in front of their own progeny will usually prefer a chicken teriyaki on bread made by a Palestinian orphan in a clay oven resting on the a metal grill from an Israeli mortar.

Sammiches are the most awesome things in the world, because they not only give life they are a journey through life and a window into life. 

I like fish fingers.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 17:39:20 PM by WarBwastardo »

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 17:59:12 PM »

Ah now that"s a cracking question.  You"re essentially asking "what"s the meaning of life" aren"t you because it"s different for everyone.  I"ve had arguments about this with sammich eaters all over the world, but I"m convinced that the perfect sammich will always mirror the eater"s personality.

For example, according to my research 74% of sammich eaters who consider themselves Conservative will be 83% more likely to enjoy a beef sammich than 93% of all other regular sammich enthusiasts.

By comparison a more liberal sammich eaten by the sandal wearing bohemian types who pretend to enjoy poetry and make love in front of their own progeny will usually prefer a chicken teriyaki on bread made by a Palestinian orphan in a clay oven resting on the a metal grill from an Israeli mortar.

Sammiches are the most awesome things in the world, because they not only give life they are a journey through life and a window into life. 

I like fish fingers.

With Custard, I hope.
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 18:12:25 PM »
White, hand cut, doorstep, buttered.

Mustard spread on both slices then a thick slice of cheese, equally thick slice of raw onion.

Perfect
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 18:24:17 PM »

I like fish fingers.

All I asked is "What kind of bread"  :D

rivertaff

• Silver Member
    • The Green Deal Wales
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 18:24:38 PM »
APATers between season 4 and season 5, and well seasooooooooooooned!
The Green Deal Wales - www.thegreendealwales.com

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 18:26:13 PM »

I like fish fingers.

All I asked is "What kind of bread"  :D

Ah well yes quite...white thick slice should be fine.  Carry on.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 18:41:09 PM »
A white cottage loaf, still warm from the oven, cut nice and thick (and by thick, I mean at least an inch).... containing large slabs of mature cheddar, and lashings of Branston pickle, with pickled onions and pickled red cabbage on the side. Now THAT is a sandwich, and it goes best with Magners over ice on a summer"s evening.

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 18:46:08 PM »

A white cottage loaf, still warm from the oven, cut nice and thick (and by thick, I mean at least an inch).... containing large slabs of mature cheddar, and lashings of Branston pickle, with pickled onions and pickled red cabbage on the side. Now THAT is a sandwich, and it goes best with Magners over ice on a summer"s evening.

Excuse me Steve, could I ask when your next home game is please!
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 18:56:48 PM »
All I want for now is WHAT BREAD we will get into the fillings later (one step at a time)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2011, 19:06:46 PM »

All I want for now is WHAT BREAD we will get into the fillings later (one step at a time)

Thread is out of control already.   :D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2011, 19:13:14 PM »
I"m still on what the feck to wash it down with - bear with me

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 19:30:55 PM »

Thread is out of control already.   :D

I"m still on what the feck to wash it down with - bear with me

:D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 19:34:55 PM »

A white cottage loaf, still warm from the oven, cut nice and thick (and by thick, I mean at least an inch)

In the interest of the original question - this plus real butter. Filling later obv (picked the wash down beverage as well by the way)