Author Topic: S5 Welcome to Nottingham Poker Club  (Read 12192 times)

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
S5 Welcome to Nottingham Poker Club
« on: March 10, 2011, 22:48:39 PM »
Welcome to the thread for the Nottingham Poker Club that plays in the APAT Online National League on 888poker

Nottingham currently play in Division One
The Password for this division is apatdiv1

Sign up for an 888poker account, click the link.  You can also follow APAT on Facebook and Twitter.

Club Captain

Jack Prime   -   APAT Forum (technolog)   -   888poker Alias (technolog_)

Hi I"m Jack, elevators are my friends and I"ll be your club captain this season.

Please use this thread to discuss the Online National League, Local live games, Local Home Games or anything else to do with the Nottingham Poker Club.

Good Luck for the Season.

Jack
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 12:17:01 PM by technolog »

spgoodman

Re: S5 Welcome to Nottingham Poker Club
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 19:37:23 PM »
great picture jack!

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 19:53:02 PM »
Hmmm.

But I look like a drug-crazed, axe-wielding serial killer?!

Camera never lies eh?

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 21:45:49 PM »
I see Gareth Cash was sitting to your left...... Unlucky!!

But you did have position on the lady to your right  ;D
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

Bainn

• Platinum Member
    • The Poker Beard
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 02:48:13 AM »

Hmmm.

But I look like a drug-crazed, axe-wielding serial killer?!

Camera never lies eh?

Indeed, perfect team captain material imo.
  Deepstack champion S2  

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 22:18:14 PM »
Good Luck Nottingham, I am supporting you to win Division 1 this season.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 22:26:32 PM »
Good to luck to Jack and all the Nottingham team for the forthcoming season from one and all from Stockton.
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 00:06:43 AM »

Good Luck Nottingham, I am supporting you to win Division 1 this season.

Good to luck to Jack and all the Nottingham team for the forthcoming season from one and all from Stockton.

Thanks both. It"s gonna be tough this year. I"m hoping to recruit a few before the first "shuffle up & deal" but I don"t think we"re gonna get the numbers to compete.

We might need to look at merging east & west midlands ;)

aciesielski

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 19:23:46 PM »
Godammit. Sat here furiously looking in the lobby for the match as I have remembered for the first time in ages. Starts next week though  :"( :"( :"(

See you in 4 months.

Zukertort

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 20:14:44 PM »
Hi Jack,

just got back from holiday & deposited on 888.com in preperation for coming league season. Firstly the password "TBC" appears invalid? Also will you need all our new player names on the 888 site?

Kevin

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 23:21:49 PM »

Hi Jack,

just got back from holiday & deposited on 888.com in preperation for coming league season. Firstly the password "TBC" appears invalid? Also will you need all our new player names on the 888 site?

Kevin

The password is apatdiv1 Kevin.

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 14:01:13 PM »
Look team, I"m sorry okay?

I"ve looked after the Dublin team with great pleasure and pride for a while now and it"s time to hand over the reigns.  You lot did me proud by ensuring a Division 1 spot for yourselves.  I"m delighted for ya and it means I can go out on a high too. 

My replacement was chosen without hesitation and he has thankfully accepted the post.  Frank Bailie rarely (if ever) misses a league game.  He"s one of our most consistent and solid players.  He didn"t just top the league on individual points this season...he crushed it!  It"s been an honour to have him on the team and I think he"ll make a great captain.

It"s with sadness that I must also leave the Dublin team for league purposes.  I"ve recently moved to England and nearer the Nottingham team, so must play for them in the new season based on the APAT rules.  But not to worry - I"ll still be around APAT online and live and look forward to a pint with ye soon. 

Happy holidays and best of luck next season!!!  

Tiger-flash

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
  • East Midlands capt
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 10:52:55 AM »

I"ve looked after the Dublin team with great pleasure and pride for a while now and it"s time to hand over the reigns.  You lot did me proud by ensuring a Division 1 spot for yourselves.  I"m delighted for ya and it means I can go out on a high too. 

My replacement was chosen without hesitation and he has thankfully accepted the post.  Frank Bailie rarely (if ever) misses a league game.  He"s one of our most consistent and solid players.  He didn"t just top the league on individual points this season...he crushed it!  It"s been an honour to have him on the team and I think he"ll make a great captain.

It"s with sadness that I must also leave the Dublin team for league purposes.  I"ve recently moved to England and nearer the Nottingham team, so must play for them in the new season based on the APAT rules.  But not to worry - I"ll still be around APAT online and live and look forward to a pint with ye soon. 

If thats true, great news and welcome aboard Laxie  :)
Apat Notts player of the season, season 5
Brookfield pub Redtooth champion
Darly Abbey pub champion

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 12:09:24 PM »

If thats true, great news and welcome aboard Laxie  :)

All true and thanks for the welcome.   :)

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 20:48:41 PM »
Related to the recent previous posts, due to my new circumstances it is my intention to stand down as Notts skipper. I"m no longer able to devote the time and effort required to keep the team firing on all cylinders.

I"ve really, really enjoyed my two year tenure and I still maintain that the night we gained the unlikeliest of promotions from Div 3 to Div 2 is the most exciting & thrilling poker moment I"ve ever had or likely to have. I"m still committed to doing what I can to help the cause but it"s likely to be limited to just playing the games in future.

I hope there"s someone among the current regulars who wants to take it on and approach the role with renewed vim & vigour. It"s vital to keep bringing new blood to the team as there"s a lot of churn, especially if the results aren"t going our way.

So who"s going to lead us to future success?