Author Topic: why are the apat qualfiers so poorly structured?2000 chips with 12 minute blinds  (Read 6533 times)

Buffenberger

• Bronze Member
The satelittes for the apat live events are very poorly structured in my opinion.the apat league offers players 3000 chips with 15 min blinds , for a very good price of 11$. This satellite to live events is double the price at 22$.You receive a paltry 2000 chips and the blinds are only 12 minutes in duration.If , during the first 36 mins , you receive no playable hands or opportunities to steal , you are likely to be down to say 1750 or 1800 chips. level 4 with bl 50 100 , now starts and your faced with a raise of 300 from an active player .you have  tc td .you reraise to 800 , and now you cant fold.the structure offers no chances to make any moves , offers little opportunity to play any poker & simply does not offer value.888.com / apat could do well to look at lengthening the blinds and increasing stack sizes.3000 chips with a longer clock would be far fairer and offer a poker game rather , than a 22$ punt.satellites are not sit and gos after all.moan over.gl all on the tables ah :as:

samuel_9

• Gold Member

The satelittes for the apat live events are very poorly structured in my opinion.the apat league offers players 3000 chips with 15 min blinds , for a very good price of 11$. This satellite to live events is double the price at 22$.You receive a paltry 2000 chips and the blinds are only 12 minutes in duration.If , during the first 36 mins , you receive no playable hands or opportunities to steal , you are likely to be down to say 1750 or 1800 chips. level 4 with bl 50 100 , now starts and your faced with a raise of 300 from an active player .you have  tc td .you reraise to 800 , and now you cant fold.the structure offers no chances to make any moves , offers little opportunity to play any poker & simply does not offer value.888.com / apat could do well to look at lengthening the blinds and increasing stack sizes.3000 chips with a longer clock would be far fairer and offer a poker game rather , than a 22$ punt.satellites are not sit and gos after all.moan over.gl all on the tables ah :as:
MOAN is wright. if you don.t like the structure  DON.T play simple........NOW will we see you at the tables YES..HAVE you never herd of .I  can douge bullits baby

Buffenberger

• Bronze Member
I enjoyed your candid reply.Your articulate and measured reply is much appreciated as is the  discussion of blind levels and structure.Your spelling of right is excellent.with there being 6 players reg for the satellite at the present time , I  feel that many others share my outlook on this punty game of little value.gl to you.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Appreciate your views Dylan, we"ll have a look at it after this round of satellites, based on numbers etc and the amount of play there is.

Congrats on being selected for the Welsh team, don"t forget you are guaranteed a seat for the main event, should you wish to use it, but can appreciate satelliting in is also an option.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Think this is a genuine constructive complaint here.

With sattys there is always a balance to be struck between a complete crapshoot and a structure so long that you end up wishing you had just bought in direct.

Certainly think that 3K chips would reduce the crapshootyness, but would stick with 12 mins so it doesn"t go on too long.

If we all took the, "if you don"t like it, don"t play" line then there would never be any improvement and I think that extends to most things in life beyond poker.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member

With sattys there is always a balance to be struck between a complete crapshoot and a structure so long that you end up wishing you had just bought in direct.

Certainly think that 3K chips would reduce the crapshootyness, but would stick with 12 mins so it doesn"t go on too long.

If we all took the, "if you don"t like it, don"t play" line then there would never be any improvement and I think that extends to most things in life beyond poker.
Eloquently stated as always
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy

Eloquently stated as always

He"s a teacher innit.

ronaldo07

• Silver Member
lol

Maybe 3k for the $20 sat and 2k for the $10 sat 1.5k for the RB. 12 min blinds is fine IMO innit
Team GNF member Bronze medal S4
Team GNF member GOLD S5

mal666

• Gold Member
1500 with 5 minute blinds for sats pls.

Bajin

• The Bristol Poker League
Everyone all in first hand. There"s no skill in poker. Internet poker is all fixed. THEY don"t want you to win anyway.

mal666

• Gold Member

Everyone all in first hand. There"s no skill in poker. Internet poker is all fixed. THEY don"t want you to win anyway.

Who are `THEY ?

Bajin

• The Bristol Poker League

Who are `THEY ?

Anyone who isnt ME