Author Topic: S5 Welcome to the Swansea Poker Club  (Read 22610 times)

ugmike

Re: S5 Welcome to the Swansea Poker Club
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2011, 15:30:41 PM »
I"m in for tonight - good luck all!

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2011, 18:48:21 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen.

Let"s get this sorted tonight, for the last three games we have under-performed. There have been reasons, some of you have got unlucky at important times and some of us have made poor plays. We need to get some points on the board and establish ourselves in this division before APAT decide to merge us in with Cardiff !!!!!!!!

We are coming up to the Welsh Championships with the online event next week with Cardiff the week after so it"s important that Swansea remind everybody poker does exist in Wales outside of Cardiff. Getting in the points tonight would be a great place to start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxZIFnP6Z0k

-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Stormpetrel

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2011, 11:00:24 AM »
Very well done guys last night :) looks like we just missed out on the points!  very well played Steve Roderick on getting third, the competition out there was very tough. Well done Mike too, you were very unlucky to go out on pocket queens.
Although we didn"t finish in the match points we showed great team spirit and made a good fight of it, so we can be proud of the way we played :)  Let"s keep it going for next time. Thanks to everyone who played. BTW thanks Steve for the link to the Osprey"s song,  definitely a classic ;D
Storm Petrel on Stars
MissRisk on Coral

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2011, 17:52:30 PM »
I thought we were all great last night, I didn"t play perfect, still can"t figure out if the Kings hand was right or wrong. I don"t think he had to have the ace there and the odds were really good and I had 11 outs if he did have the ace so it is probably OK in terms of Chip EV, not so sure about ICM factors though. Didn"t see Allyson or Mike make any mistakes when they were on my table.

The Ospreys song is class. Although Swansea City are continuing their collision course tonight as well.

PS - Mike are you playing the Cardiff tournament on 28th of this month?

Stormpetrel

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2011, 11:57:35 AM »
Hi guys,

Matchday 5 is tonight at 8.00pm on 888, password is apatdiv2. Please play if you can, we put up a good fight last time and almost got in the points so let"s go for it again tonight!  Best of luck everyone :)
Storm Petrel on Stars
MissRisk on Coral

nyerun

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2011, 22:06:46 PM »
888 just died???
Silver Medal- Online National League 2009 (Manchester)

newps

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2011, 22:11:51 PM »
It has been cancelled, I was in 8th position, they have paid me $25. Why was it cancelled?

Stormpetrel

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2011, 10:06:06 AM »
Well done last night guys and very well played. It looks like the tournament was cancelled because of technical problems at 888. The tournament will re-run later in the season and 888 will add some cash to the prizepool as a goodwill gesture. I"ll post some more information on this thread when the details regarding the re-run game have been announced.
Storm Petrel on Stars
MissRisk on Coral

Stormpetrel

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2011, 16:55:59 PM »
Hi guys,

APAT have decided to void Matchday 5, 888 poker will hold a future Matchday with some added value as a goodwill gesture for the technical problems. Sorry for any disappointment caused, unfortunately these technical difficulties happen sometimes. Hopefully we can move on and look forward to Matchday 6 on Sunday :)
Storm Petrel on Stars
MissRisk on Coral

Stormpetrel

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2011, 12:51:26 PM »
Hi guys,

Matchday 6 is tonight at 8.00pm. password is apatdiv2. Please play if you can :) There"s added value tonight for the top 3 finishers in each division as a goodwill gesture by 888 because of last week"s technical problems. Best of luck!
Storm Petrel on Stars
MissRisk on Coral

newps

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2011, 18:42:05 PM »
How many and who are our players for tonight?

NutsAndVolts

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2011, 21:21:04 PM »
Hi, I"m Tara James and I"m interested in playing for Swansea.
Forum Name - NutsAndVolts
888 - NutsAndVolts

Stormpetrel

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2011, 21:38:16 PM »
Hi Tara, Welcome to Swansea!  The next league game is Sunday 03 July 8.00pm at 888, so hopefully see you then :)
Storm Petrel on Stars
MissRisk on Coral

Stormpetrel

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2011, 21:56:45 PM »
Hi guys,

Matchday 7 is on Sunday 03 July 8.00pm, password is apatdiv2.  There"s still time for Swansea to make an impact in the league but we need people to play in order to score points so please give it a try if you can and best of luck :)
Storm Petrel on Stars
MissRisk on Coral

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2011, 19:35:21 PM »

Hi guys,

Matchday 7 is on Sunday 03 July 8.00pm, password is apatdiv2.  There"s still time for Swansea to make an impact in the league but we need people to play in order to score points so please give it a try if you can and best of luck :)

Can play this week, working away quite a bit so having to drive to London on Sunday nights but don"t need too this week.