Author Topic: Who wants to put the pride back into the 3 lions !!  (Read 16157 times)

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
Who wants to put the pride back into the 3 lions !!
« on: March 22, 2011, 21:46:27 PM »
To all englishmen out there it is time to get back to the top of the tree where we belong !
I with great pride am made up to be captain of the B team and am so going to love wearing the 3 lions, face it i am too old and fat now to do it for any physical sport ;)
Have spoke with Jack about selection for the A and B team so whoever wants in pm myself and jack with why etc and we will pick our teams as quickly as possible so you can sort out days off etc. Please as many applicants as possible Bri said applicants were slim last year so would like as many as we can to select what we feel is the best team !
I know its going to be a tough task and i wish i could pick 10 team mates for the amount of good englishmen there are out there.
I will say from the start i am planning on picking myself to play (sorry all but have been dying to play one of these since they started ) But i need 3 others and also maybe a non playing mascot /coach/ first reserve ?
I will also before team announced either message or phone all applicants to let them know if they in or out.
Probably forgot to put loads in here but am buzzing and expect mine and jacks inbox to be maxed out!

come on england !!!

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: Who wants to put the pride back into the 3 lions !!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 22:02:56 PM »
10/10 for enthusiasm.   :D

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 22:05:43 PM »

10/10 for enthusiasm.   :D

Just need you computer skills to sort my message out now any chance of putting it in my signature , and dont have me off and put a welsh one in there !

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 22:09:32 PM »
Glad you are a captain steve, and even happier that you have picked yourself. Felt you have been v ul to be overlooked for previous England teams.

I can"t make this so dont have the chance to even put my hat in the ring

England FTW!!!
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Ant1966

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 22:20:57 PM »
Nice one Steve and Martyn Jack,congrats on your appointments.Best of luck in picking your team/s.

Woop woop.....

"That's when you know your'e running bad,when Ant one outers you on the river". Brendan Byrne-Dublin 2010.

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 22:21:24 PM »
pm `s to myself and jack prime who is technolog and also please full names just in case either of us dont recognise user name !
And one quick one
put this in your picture to show support !

http://www.myenglandtravel.com/images/EnglandFlagPictures/Animated-Flag-England.gif

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 22:26:14 PM »
Congratz Steve and Jack!! Great choices for skippers.  England FTW!

One question for Steve.... will you be wearing the Wales shirt you wore at last year"s event??  ;)   :o

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 22:26:54 PM »

pm `s to myself and jack prime who is technolog and also please full names just in case either of us dont recognise user name !
And one quick one
put this in your picture to show support !

http://www.myenglandtravel.com/images/EnglandFlagPictures/Animated-Flag-England.gif

Done skipper (blatant blag) :-*
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 22:30:24 PM »
sorted.
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

morlspin

• Silver Member
    • morlspin
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 22:30:52 PM »
Congrats Steve and Jack

Cmon England!!!
APAT Northern Regional Champion 2008
APAT ECAOP Online Player of the Series 2012

thegeezer2k

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 23:03:29 PM »
Registered my interest for the 3 lions !!! rrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Member of S4 Division 2 winners - Luton
1st ever APAT Live event - English Champs  Luton Oct 2010
2012 ECOAP Online 7 Card Stud Champion

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 23:22:09 PM »

To all englishmen out there it is time to get back to the top of the tree where we belong !
I with great pride am made up to be captain of the B team and am so going to love wearing the 3 lions, face it i am too old and fat now to do it for any physical sport ;)
Have spoke with Jack about selection for the A and B team so whoever wants in pm myself and jack with why etc and we will pick our teams as quickly as possible so you can sort out days off etc. Please as many applicants as possible Bri said applicants were slim last year so would like as many as we can to select what we feel is the best team !
I know its going to be a tough task and i wish i could pick 10 team mates for the amount of good englishmen there are out there.
I will say from the start i am planning on picking myself to play (sorry all but have been dying to play one of these since they started ) But i need 3 others and also maybe a non playing mascot /coach/ first reserve ?
I will also before team announced either message or phone all applicants to let them know if they in or out.
Probably forgot to put loads in here but am buzzing and expect mine and jacks inbox to be maxed out!

come on england !!!

Firstly I"d like to echo Steve"s sentiments and try to at least match his enthusiasm!

I"ll wait until I see what the format of the event is before deciding for definite, but at this stage I"m thinking of taking up a non-playing role. I had the honour of representing APAT at the recent forum team event and would like as many others as possible to be able to feel the same sense of pride that I felt then.

As Steve says, we"ll try to get the teams sorted as soon as possible due to people needing to sort time off / hotels etc.

I"d encourage as many as possible to throw their hat in the ring. If you would like to represent your country at poker. Hang on, that"s worth repeating.

If you would like to represent your country at poker

send either me, Steve or both of us a pm or register your interest on this thread. I promise that EVERYONE will be considered (so long as they"re English :)). Obviously, we"ll have to disappoint a lot of people but if you don"t ask, you don"t get (as my mum used to say - mind you she also used to say "I want, never gets" which left young Jack somewhat confused). Even if you don"t feel you"re good enough, please try. Hell, if it was down to ability, I wouldn"t be posting this now.

Now let"s get ROOOAAARRRRING!!!!!!!!!

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 23:26:55 PM »

Hell, if it was down to ability, I wouldn"t be posting this now.

You do talk ******** Jack!!

And you should be picking yourself too!!

I"m starting the campaign here..... Jack for England.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 23:35:55 PM »
well done also on gettting picked as a skipper Jack.

I can"t think of anyone who would begrudge you a place on the team.

When I saw the list of skippers, I immediately thought "top bloke, good player, great choice" for all 8 players listed and just assumed they would all be playing.

Please reconsider

Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 08:24:07 AM »
Well done to both of you must be a great feeling and as said before fully justified

can i register my interest in playing //iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii fank  youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013