Author Topic: Home Internationals - Wales 'A' + 'B'  (Read 1978 times)

Newportlad

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Home Internationals - Wales 'A' + 'B'
« on: March 23, 2011, 20:05:06 PM »
Captains for the Welsh teams in the UK & Ireland Home International Team Championship have been chosen as myself and Steve Roderick (AAroddersAA).

It is a great honour to have been asked to take on this role and I know that I speak for both of us when I say that we will do everything we can to do Wales and APAT proud.

We are both looking at this as not an "A" team and a "B" team, but as 2 teams of equal ability.

Can those who wish to represent Wales, please contact both Steve and myself as soon as possible (ideally by the end of this month).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 20:19:09 PM by Chipaccrual »
APAT Ireland 2008 Champion
APAT European 2010 Runner-Up
6 Final Tables
Captain of Team Cardiff. Online Southern Division Winners 2009
Team Cymru 2008
Team Cymru 2009
Team Cymru 2013

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
Re: Home Internationals - Wales 'A' + 'B'
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 20:19:44 PM »
I could not agree any more with Darrens post. This is a great honour for both of us, although it"s a shame Paul Mc is not available to lead the team as he did so well in the world"s. In his absence myself and Darren will be making sure Wales have every chance of taking home another set of gold medals.

The sooner those people interested in representing Wales contact us the better. It would not be any surprise to see both Welsh teams going for the win in this one. It will also be a great weekend with great people as with all APAT events.

EDIT - Can I encourage everybody who is interested to apply, even if you think you have no chance you never know, we are not 100% sure who is available and who is not at the moment so the more applications the better. Just listen to this if you need some motivation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLT_gGcmbw0

PS - Thanks Stuart, see you there mate.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 20:45:09 PM by AAroddersAA »
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Home Internationals - Wales 'A' + 'B'
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 20:21:25 PM »
Congrats to both - well deserved.

(have I read this OP before somewhere?)