Author Topic: Season 5 - Match 1 on April 3rd  (Read 10467 times)

Laxie

• Platinum Member
Re: Season 5 - Match 1 on April 3rd
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 00:46:52 AM »
I genuinely am sorry for knocking him out, but at that point the team had the win secured and we were effectively playing for individual points.  Early days on the FT I"d folded a number of times to his push with the likes of JJ, AQ, AK and 55.  My own kids were here roaring at me in the background for folding so I kicked them to bed.  lol  When we were down to 7 and I knew Dublin had it sewn up, it was a personal game at that stage.  

frankieb

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 00:56:43 AM »

I genuinely am sorry for knocking him out, but at that point the team had the win secured and we were effectively playing for individual points.  Early days on the FT I"d folded a number of times to his push with the likes of JJ, AQ, AK and 55.  My own kids were here roaring at me in the background for folding so I kicked them to bed.  lol  When we were down to 7 and I knew Dublin had it sewn up, it was a personal game at that stage. 

Don"t blame the kids. It was wrong and you know it.

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 01:03:10 AM »

Don"t blame the kids. It was wrong and you know it.

I"m not blaming them!  lol  Just pointing out how much I"d folded before that hand. 

Genuinely not sure it was wrong but very deffo sorry for being the cause of his exit.  Either way, he did a fab job to get to the final table and cash and I"m delighted for him.  We might be a small team, but we"re a very strong team at the same time and I"m very proud of all of you. 

And on the plus side, this gives me money to play with when we get started with bounty prizes as I think they allow player transfers on 888.  Roll on the good old days says I!!!

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 01:29:57 AM »
EDIT - Saw your post before the ninja edit delete by ya and this was my reply.....

I"m hoping you"re just having a bad night Frank because that"s not at all a fair statement.  I"ve never targeted Dublin players as you well know and have spent hours sorting out the hurt feelings of others when it"s happened within the team.  That"s why I made the post in the first place fer feck sake.  Was hoping to avoid that tonight.  Sod"s law that I"m the one stuffed right now. 

Couldn"t do player transfers with the last sponsor and was hoping to bring it back this year.  But if that"s how you feel about it, suppose there"s no point in my doing it.

For what it"s worth, I genuinely am sorry to have been the cause of Matt's exit.  Wasn"t what I was hoping for and if you think otherwise, then I may as well step down now and let you take over the team.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 01:33:17 AM by Laxie »

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 01:52:21 AM »
Dawn has done a Captain"s job here by folding some monsters to a team-mates all-in shoves.
When the team-element of the game is over, all the team can then play for themselves as they would in any standard freezeout.
 If you think she has done wrong with that call, I suggest you ask around the poker fraternity and see if you get anyone agreeing with you. I doubt that you will.
 Good Luck Dublin for the rest of the season.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 07:07:29 AM »
Once the team result is decided, players may as well play for themselves. Can"t see why anyone would think there was something wrong with that.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

colmcg

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 08:26:26 AM »
I hope this is sorted out pretty quickly for the team
Sake. I was on the table and with respect I think
Frank it"s a bit of an over reaction. If Matt feels hard
Done by it"s his place to disagree and not yours. We
Are a small team and don"t need this at this early
Stage and I don"t think anyone should step down.

mobyjack75

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 10:33:58 AM »
Just to clarify my exit from last nights league game. My position on the table allowed me to shove on several occassions as I had two team mates to act behind me. As I was lowest in chips I thought this was good team tactics. I did not know that when the table was down to seven players that dublin had the game won, if so I would not have pushed with such a weak hand.
People are getting too animated over a simple league game. I just think that next time it should be clarified when the team element has finished. Dawn there is no need to talk about stepping down over a simple misunderstanding. Looking forward to the next league game with you as captain.

VBlue

• Silver Member
    • Northern Poker Stars
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 13:57:37 PM »
I thought I"d just give my view as an opposing Team Captain.

I do not give my players any other instruction than to go out and try and win.  If they wish to "soft-play" against team members, or if they wish to ignore that and try to amass chips themselves - I don"t mind either.

It is their individual $10 and they can play which ever way they wish to.

Of course I want to win the league, but there is no guarantee that one method works better than another.  If one of my team busts another and then goes on to earn more points from a higher finish, it may prove more valuable than both scoring lower points.

Good luck with the rest of your season and congratulations on winning the opening leg.  

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 15:31:45 PM »
And breeeeeeeathe.  lol  We"ll be grand.  Just a small blip in the radar, but nothing to worry about in the end.  The team did a fantastic job last night and I"m dead chuffed with our result.

Have sent a pm to all on the Dublin team so check yer inbox.   :)

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2011, 15:42:43 PM »
Hi Dawn,

very well played last night to you and your team, you played very well up to when I watched anyhows and deserve your victory.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you the best of luck for the rest of the season and let you also look at my first post for this league game...... it happens!!

The Terms and Conditions of 888 will not allow soft play(apparently)

My first post

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8428.msg139090#msg139090

cheers

Ian
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2011, 16:09:12 PM »
Hiya Ian.  Thanks for that.  Kent did a great job too!  

It"s a tricky juggle playing as part of a team and playing for yourself - all in the one tourney.  Not always going to get the mix right and we"re bound to have the odd "ooops" along the way, but I know these Lads care about the team as much as I do.  Very proud of them for their heart and drive. 

Now then - we"ll forget about the "oops" side of things and get on with...

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii - Top points you lot!!!  WELL DONE DUBLIN!!!     :D