Author Topic: Brief Intro, feedback welcome  (Read 9406 times)

Anderson

Brief Intro, feedback welcome
« on: April 07, 2011, 23:27:15 PM »
Howdy
My name is Anderson and I handle various Social/Community aspects at 888Poker.

I will usually be able to to answer product/client and promotion specific questions either here or through our http://twitter.com/#!/888Poker Twitter account.
Most importantly, I"d love to hear what you think about our product, features and promotions at 888Poker.

Personally I"m cash game player, NLH and PLO, MS/HS, so I"ll occasionally join regular poker/strategy discussions here too =)

Cheers

Anderson

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: Brief Intro, feedback welcome
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 23:30:50 PM »
Welcome - don a high viz - hard hat and toe tectors -- they are on their way

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 23:42:30 PM »
Anderson,

Welcome to the APAT Forum.  Glad to have you around.

Leigh

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 00:23:26 AM »
Hi Anderson

Personally, quite like the 888 client - much better than some. Game selection is pretty decent too, and some of the evening tourneys are perfect for UK timezone.... BUT, why oh why does the $5k gtd not have antes? I see that tourney as one of the main events of the evening (aside from the challenge events) - crazy that it does not run with antes.

Am on final table now - so slow and desperately in need of antes to move things along.   (blatant brag of course).

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 09:03:18 AM »
Hi Anderson,

Welcome to the APAT forum.

If you handle the social/community aspects at 888poker then I highly recommend you get yourself along to an APAT event. Would be great to see you there.

I have only joined 888 since the sponsorship deal with APAT and so far I have been very impressed. I have just had an operation so will be spending the next 2 weeks off sick. I"ll certainly be testing the software more fully during this time  ;D

The promotions I have come across so far seem good. I hope to qualify for the bigger play more freerolls this month and one day I"ll bink an iPod. A quick question on the promotions, if I reach silver status this month do I get the benefits next month or do I start again?

Also, can we have a timebank on the APAT events as I like the ability to go an make a cup of tea whilst Andy Overton makes a hero call/bad fold.

Cheers
Stuart

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 09:08:40 AM »
Hi Anderson,

Welcome to APAT, I too only joined up to 888 because of APAT (I had an account already, but not using it)

software is good, would love to see timebanks for APAT tournies, as I like to think before I act, it doesn"t help me at all, but it makes it look like I thinking about what to do.

Do you play tournies on 888 too?..where in the country do you live...just asking... ;)
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Anderson

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 10:37:45 AM »
Hi

Thanks for the feedback guys, and you will have answers to all your questions by Monday.

Stuart I hope you get well soon =)

Waz1892, I rarely play tournaments because I am too accustomed to 300BB+ stacks to be able to play tournament stacks well. I currently live/work/play in Israel =)

RUN GOOD

Anderson

Anderson

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 15:36:25 PM »
Hello

Regarding Silver status, for example, if you move up to Silver on May 15, your status remains the same until June 30.

I have forwarded your feedback about tournament structures, specifically 5k gtd and APAT tourn timebanks

Best

Anderson

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 18:06:47 PM »
Hi anderson

welcome to the forum

I too really enjoy the games on 888 but have a few suggestions/issues.

1. the payout structure is a bit odd. Why are the min cashes less than the buy in? Could I suggest 10% of the field getting paid rather than the present number which seems to be 10% then round up to the nearest 10.

2. Too many tourneys do not have antes, even though there is the capability of having them. I"d have thought that these would be standard for software that supports them.

keep up the good work
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 18:12:56 PM »

Hi anderson

welcome to the forum

I too really enjoy the games on 888 but have a few suggestions/issues.

1. the payout structure is a bit odd. Why are the min cashes less than the buy in? Could I suggest 10% of the field getting paid rather than the present number which seems to be 10% then round up to the nearest 10.

2. Too many tourneys do not have antes, even though there is the capability of having them. I"d have thought that these would be standard for software that supports them.

keep up the good work

Point 1 is now sorted for APAT Championship and National League games.

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 18:15:26 PM »
Welcome anderson.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 21:10:57 PM »
grrrrrr at no timebank in the online champ events :(    timed out in a big hand tonight - probably saved me half a stack though.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 21:12:49 PM »

grrrrrr at no timebank in the online champ events :(    timed out in a big hand tonight - probably saved me half a stack though.

Timebank should have been included, I"m sure I had confirmation from 888 on this.

hollaboo

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 22:38:50 PM »
it was there i used it once all to no avail of course out 74 :"(

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 22:59:29 PM »

Timebank should have been included, I"m sure I had confirmation from 888 on this.

well I timed out before any timebank kicked in.,....