Author Topic: National League - Season 5 Week 2  (Read 10670 times)

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
Re: National League - Season 5 Week 2
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 19:24:19 PM »
If I"m honest it doesn"t really come into my strategy too much. I will be slightly less likely to steal the blinds or make a marginal play vs a team member, but that"s not to say I wouldn"t.

Solent have done pretty good as it is, don"t think too much needs to change!
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 23:10:04 PM »
Don"t worry about it Steve, these things happen. It didn"t affect the result cos you all scored so many points that we still won by a street even after the deduction. It was a very minor transgression (hardly one at all imo) that turned into a hornet"s nest stirred up by people with nothing more interesting to do. These games have always been a great laugh with all sorts of provocative and tilt-inducing statements being thrown around in good spirit. To my knowledge no-one has complained before, but some people are now taking the game and themselves a bit too seriously, which is a pity - I preferred it the way it was.

The comment you made had no effect on the game at all, but we accept the penalty and put it behind us and move on.

Congrats on your super result btw. Stick with it - we have the ability in our team to win this league.

With regards to team play, imo that has been one of the most enjoyable parts of this league in previous seasons. I don"t see anything wrong with this - in fact I think it is essential at times. Mark is right, though, in that the new points structure rewards one highly-placed finisher much more than two or three mid-placed, whereas the opposite was the case under the old structure, so team-play is likely to be a much lesser part of our strategy. We will revisit this subject before the next game.

Well done again everyone on a cracking result.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 23:18:39 PM by Chipaccrual »
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Mini Mint Trav

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 18:01:38 PM »
Is there no game till after easter now????
2nd place at LPPL Nationals 2009 (Best Dressed)
1st place Lads Tavern (Once)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 18:03:21 PM »

Is there no game till after easter now????

First two Sundays of every month, so in answer to your question, next games are after Easter.   ;D

Mini Mint Trav

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 18:22:05 PM »
Why thank you,

On another note thats pants i want it every week :D I enjoyed last Sunday and not just cause i came 2nd it was good fun :)

Oh well see ya soon enough
2nd place at LPPL Nationals 2009 (Best Dressed)
1st place Lads Tavern (Once)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 18:27:47 PM »

Why thank you,

On another note thats pants i want it every week :D I enjoyed last Sunday and not just cause i came 2nd it was good fun :)

Oh well see ya soon enough

You could always play the Bunch of Fives games

7pm, Monday-Friday, 60 minutes lat reg.  $5 Buyin

Tonights is super short handed (3 handed) with 4k starting stacks.  Similar mix of players.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2011, 18:57:49 PM »

Tonights is super short handed (3 handed) with 4k starting stacks.  Similar mix of players.

Lobby lists tonight"s game with a HU symbol as well as a short handed symbol. Guess we"ll wait and see :D