Author Topic: NORFOLK 'N' GOOD  (Read 68971 times)

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • I can play better....... I never have, but I can!!
    • HendonMob Database
Re: NORFOLK 'N' GOOD
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2011, 12:16:13 PM »
Poker

Played online last night in a $5 Re-buy/Add-on tournie last night and didn"t realise how eager people are to give away their dollar!!!

3rd hand in I"ve got pocket 8"s, some one has raised the big blind of 20 to 100 and had 4 callers. Not wanting to buy in too early I thought I"d see how my luck was running and called... I"m running ok! I hit trips on a J 8 5 flop. first to act shoves followed by call, fold, call, and of course a call from me too! All cards shown, I"m ahead, the next best hand was AK! Turn: another 8 for QUADS! I"ve quadrupled up!!

10 minutes later I"ve flopped the nut flush with people shoving before me... Happy days!

It took me about 20 minutes to amass a total of 20,000 chips which I hovered around until the rebuy period was over.

I had the 2,000 chip add-on and started after the break in 3rd place.

Unfortunately, I spent the next 3 hours either card dead or making plays at the wrong times and peaked at only 27,000 chips. Eventually losing out to the chip leader at the time with A8 v AK

Finished 130ish/750+

(Luton 2010 Bronze Medal Winner)
(Online 2020 Silver Medal Winner)

GOLD MEDAL COMING IN 2030

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2011, 10:58:30 AM »
I hereby formally apologise to all members I have involved in my current obsession with Photoshop....

I herby apologise to all who will be involved in my forthcomming projects!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2011, 13:28:22 PM »
Online Poker with 888

So, whilst checking my phone yesterday afternoon I noticed Leigh's tweet highlighting the great chance that 888 Poker had supplied exclusively to APAT members....

The "freeroll" (almost)!!

Ok, we would end up having Buy-ins and Add-ons but I think with my quick calculations at the end of the Add-on period they were still providing around $150/$200 of Extra Value!!

The bonus for me was the extra $10 first time deposit I recieved (and duely spent in this tournament)

I ended up finishing 17th despite my router shutting down when I was short stacked.

I did end up winning my "free" $10 back with another $15 or so on top due to taking down three 2nd places in a row, whilst playing their $2.90 entry, 4 handed 20 seater things!!

Thankyou 888

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2011, 16:11:23 PM »
Poker in August

Having won my seat into the Goliath at Coventry, I will be playing in that on Friday 26th August but, in the unlikely event of me not cashing once out of that I am hoping to make it to Nottingham for the main event on either Saturday or Sunday. I may well try to satellite my way in, if not I will probably take the chance on an alternates seat!

All I have to do now is tell the missus I"m staying away all of the Bank Holiday Weekend!!  ::)

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2011, 15:36:07 PM »
Permission granted for APAT Worlds Main Event  :)

So all I have to do now is Satellite my way in tonight!! I have to win tonight because I"ve promised that I won"t play online for the rest of the week!! A small sacrifice to pay given I"ve secured my Coventry/Nottingham long weekend in August.

The way my game is running at the moment I should be "bubbleboy" tonight!

I"m not playing badly, getting paid big when I have the best then losing a little here and there with "beats". But I seem to be constantly finishing short of the money! It gets a bit frustrating constantly playing for 3-4 hours and falling 10 places or so from the money. I"m usually around the average chip stack (maybe playing too tight to get lucky). Over the last week or so I"ve had KK run into AA, AJ shove called by AQ!

Any tips from anyone would be appreciated  ;)

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2011, 16:00:46 PM »
My tip would be to read The Poker Mindset.  Think it is impossible to be a winning player without being honest with yourself about your own game.  Lines like...

"I"m not playing badly, getting paid big when I have the best then losing a little here and there with "beats"."

...show some flawed thinking. 

Also, if you do not use HEM or PT3, then you should start and review full sessions.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2011, 10:27:41 AM »
ME satellite 18/7/2011

Well, I wasn"t far off my prediction.... Spent a lot of the time as chip leader in the ME satellite (got lucky hitting a full house on the river at one point). Made it to the final table then forgot to play a hand!!! For a fair while all the short stacks kept doubling up and by the time 10th place was gone it seemed the chipstacks were quite even. I made a good/lucky laydown of AQ early into the FT with my opponent showing AK. After that my cards were awful, I had a couple of hands that had shoveability (oooh, I like that word!) but other players beat me to it and I folded like a little girl origamist! I got one pocket pair on the FT and guess what? Just before I was due to act my router disconected!!!

Basically, I"m dissapointed that I let myself get blinded out of the game and finish 8th. It"s something I seem to be doing online a fair bit, yet when I play live I feel more comfortable and happy to take those chances!

To sum it up: I really need to get my online game sorted!

(thanks for your advice Marty, consider me "work in progress!")

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »

My tip would be to read The Poker Mindset.  Think it is impossible to be a winning player without being honest with yourself about your own game.  Lines like...

"I"m not playing badly, getting paid big when I have the best then losing a little here and there with "beats"."

...show some flawed thinking. 

Also, if you do not use HEM or PT3, then you should start and review full sessions.

The Mental game game of poker is a superior read and not by  a small bit imho

"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2011, 11:41:34 AM »
Haven"t read it yet, but have read excellent reviews!
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2011, 11:47:28 AM »
I"m in the money...... I"m in the money!!

Played in the local Tuesday night donkafest/bingo/luckbox tournament and managed to finish 2nd.
(I was beat by a girl)

During the rebuy period our table seemed to have the rule that if any of the cards on the flop were close to yours you have to go all-in because you could hit a straight!!

Having just lost all my chips with an open ended straight and flush draw against trips and 2 pair I had my rebuy, sat down and shoved my 2500 chips in blind! (100/200 blinds). I got 2 callers, this put 2 of us all-in (again) so the cards were turned over by my opponents Q5 and J9... I turned my first card over K, got excited, I"m ahead. Then revealed another K. Happy Days!

Leading up to the final table I had 66 and 44 both flop trips and built a nice chip stack and started the FT (8 players) with about 40% of total chips in play!

Three way action involved me (100k), a lad called Tom (10k) and his girlfriend, a recently (and very welcome) newbie, (50k). Tom was soon taken out by me when he tried to steal the blinds with 67 suited. I called with K8.

With over a 2-1 chip lead (110k,50k -blinds 2k/4k) I refrained from offering a deal....

J9 v J8 (bb called,checked) - flop: QJ8, I bet and a call. turn:T, I shove and a call. river: 8 (55k,105k)

AK v JT (I raise and a call) - flop: KQT, check, I bet and a call. turn: J all-in and I call. river: 7 (105k,55k)

Then I got excited and decided to play "all-in poker" with A3. Was called with AJ. J on the flop! (40k,120k)

The last hand I raised with A4 and was called. flop: 567. She went all in and I decided to call with my open ended straight and an over card. Q5 shown. turn: Q. river: 9

So, 2nd place paid £80 (with 2 rebuys, my outlay was £15.50). £64.50 profit.

At the beginning of the year I decided to keep a profit/loss account of my "live" action... Of course, this duely mean"t a huge losing streak!!!

Last night actually got me back in the black.

Summary: 1st January - 19th July 2011
Buy-in outlay: £702.50     Winnings: £746.00     Profit: £43.50

Guess I shouldn"t give up my day job just yet!!  ::)  :P

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2011, 13:13:55 PM »

During the rebuy period our table seemed to have the rule that if any of the cards on the flop were close to yours you have to go all-in because you could hit a straight

Is that not everyone"s shortstacked rebuy strategy??
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2011, 14:01:19 PM »

During the rebuy period our table seemed to have the rule that if any of the cards on the flop were close to yours you have to go all-in because you could hit a straight

Is that not everyone"s shortstacked rebuy strategy??

I guess it is really, but we also have instances like:

Blinds 75/150: 15k stack shoves, called by a 20k stack KJ v 79 on a Q86 flop! (15k stack had to rebuy and start again with 2.5k chips)

Don"t get me wrong... I ain"t moaning, it"s a good night out  :P

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2011, 11:07:06 AM »
Online with BlueSq

Played a couple of online tournaments last night, despite promising the girlfriend I wouldn"t play until Sunday, but she said she doesn"t mind if I play really!! As long as I"m not gambling what I can"t afford!!

The following conversation crossed my mind:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQHUcE9voWY[/youtube]

BUT, I didn"t!!

Anyway, Another deep run into the tournament with an above average stack then I get this:

QQ v 99 - flop: 568, turn: 7, river: 7

Now left a bit short I patiently wait (about 4 hands) for my shove and get called by the chip leader:

A8(spades) v A6(hearts) - flop: TT6 (can"t remember the turn/river but it didn"t help me)

One day I will run good!!  :(

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2011, 16:46:20 PM »
"The Poker Tracker Era"

Yesterday was the start of my trial of PT3. I downloaded it and got everything set up (to default) and played two Tournaments ($1 and $5). I thought I"d use these to test the program!

I didn"t do very well, found myself concentrating on the figures rather than the tournament which is something I"ll have to stop doing. Checking all the facts and figures is a good thing I suppose to some extent but I don"t really know what they all mean yet!!

You wouldn"t buy a German newspaper if you couldn"t speak German would you ???

Oh well, investigate a little further tonight....

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2011, 12:42:25 PM »
The Poker Tracker (that doesn"t seem to work) Era

So, I get home, have tea, make the missus feel wanted, fire up the laptop, fire up BlueSq, fire up Poker Tracker, then enter the $10 MTT.

The game starts and after a few hand I expect the Heads Up Display to kick in.... But it doesn"t!!!

I mess about trying to get it to work but fail, endless times!

Nothing much happend for the first hour and a half, the 595 field gradually narrowed down to around 300 odd and I was towards the bottom of this having just used my shortsack to double up an even shorter shortstack!! I then managed to get some good hands which resulted in a triple-up and a couple of double-ups and leave me comfortably in the top half of the standings.

After a table move I find the chip leader to my left... Not the best seat in the house!! But patience paid off when my AA held up against his 99.

On the final table I again end up with the chip leader (300k) to my left (I"m sat with about 140k).

UTG the chip leader min raises, I"m on the big blind with JQ and see a flop...

flop: QK4, I bet about 3/4 of the pot and he calls....
turn: 9, I check and so does he....
river 6, I have come to the conclusion he hasn"t got a K so bet half the pot.... He re-raises all-in, I decide to stick with my gut feeling that he wouldn"t have checked the turn if he had a K and call.... He shows T6.

6 handed I"m 2nd in chips (290k) and UTG with KK (blinds: 3.5k/7k).
I raise to 21k (hoping to entice a shove from shorter stacks).
All fold round to the chip leader on the BB (470k) who calls...
flop: Q94, he checks, I bet about 3/4 pot, he min raises, I put him on a Q (maybe QT) and go all in...
He calls and shows Q9. No help and out in 6th.

QUESTION TIME:
Should I have played that differently?