Author Topic: NORFOLK 'N' GOOD  (Read 69051 times)

Foggy

• Gold Member
Re: NORFOLK 'N' GOOD
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2011, 15:53:06 PM »
Obviously not confident of achieving anything at Coventry?

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • I can play better....... I never have, but I can!!
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2011, 16:46:15 PM »

Obviously not confident of achieving anything at Coventry?

I am planning on steam-rollering the Final Table at Goliath and then shooting across to DTD and turn whats left of my dwindled stack into another victory!! Simples  ;D
(Luton 2010 Bronze Medal Winner)
(Online 2020 Silver Medal Winner)

GOLD MEDAL COMING IN 2030

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2011, 13:17:11 PM »
It"s at this point I had planned on writing up the great run"s I had in the Goliath and the APAT ME.... But unfortunatly my performances weren"t as successful as my dreams!

So, I could tell you how I was unlucky in the Goliath with my flopped two pair being beaten by a rivered better two pair, then flopped two pair beaten by a turned straight, and same situation but this time beaten with a rivered flush!!! But I wont....

Nor will I go on about running my pocket Queens into Aces to leave my stack pretty well crushed at Nottingham.

Why?

Because I"m not going to become a miserable old man who never gets lucky, I"m going to learn from my experiences..

Rather than thinking I was unlucky to get turned or rivered, I"m thinking if my betting patterns were too small and letting the guy in too cheaply or not big enough to scare him off!!

If I"m honest about my pocket Queens I should have got away from that situation too, but I didn"t so it wasn"t unlucky it was bad play by me...

I guess most people believe they are better than they are. For me, I know I need to improve...

Work in progress.

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2011, 14:26:32 PM »

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2011, 15:45:21 PM »
Recieved my copy of "The Mental Game of Poker" a few days ago and it is confirming that I am starting to approach the game with the correct attitude, but also making me realise I still have a long way to go and a lot to learn.

Last night was a good start to my new found insight as I turned $2 into $22. Ok, it took me 3 hours to make this small profit but I felt I played well and only made 3-4 bad plays... Got lucky once when short stacked with 66 v AA making a set on the flop and quads on the river. Overall I felt I played well and was happy with my game.

Today is a different matter, I"ve played 4 MTT"s and have so far gone out about half way through the fields with the following hands:

AJ v J7 on a J high flop
AA v JJ AIPF
JJ v AK AIPF
99 v AK AIPF

Normally I would be going on "Injustice tilt" now but instead I am just thinking about how badly I"ve played other hands to leave me in these race situations! Don"t feel I"m playing well. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing yet but I"m sure it"s better that spewing buy-ins and shouting about how rigged online poker is!

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2011, 13:14:19 PM »
Since subscribing to Poker Player magazine a few months back I started playing in their Grand Prix 7 series.

Having missed the first two events I knew I needed to get some good results.....

I think I"ve worked out that with a 15th finish last month and an 8th finish last night I am bordering the Top 20 position needed to qualify for the Live Final (I"m guessing I"ll be positioned about 26th/27th)

All I need now is another good run next week! I hope I do because I"ve already booked the Saturday off work for the Live Event!   :P

Also well done to AJDUK who had a good run too and is now, I believe, sitting at the top of the leaderboard

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2011, 22:34:59 PM »
Played in the PokerPlayer freeroll tonight with 5 seats into the Grand final.

Finished 13/150

Lost most of my chips on the BB when the SB shoved with 6 8. I called with my AK........ he flopped 2 pair!!!
Was all in next hand with K6. Called by 5 3. Turn brought him a straight obviously!

Saying that it was a bit of a shovefest. Played well though  :)

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2011, 23:48:13 PM »
Played in the last event of the PokerPlayer Grand Prix 7 tonight. A finish around 35th place would have possibly been enough to qualify for the Final but, having laid down pocket 5"s to a big raise on the very first hand and my second hand of pocket jacks not getting paid off, I went pretty card dead and struggled through to 48th.

I"d let myself dwindle to about 4bb"s in the hope to see many players drop out but felt I had to call a raise (putting me all in) when I was dealt AK. My opponent had QQ. No help for me.

Should I have "sat out" and just hoped I"d outlast 10 more players?

Don"t think that would have happened, but had I doubled up I may have taken that chance from then on!

Any comments?

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2011, 11:45:12 AM »
Played in last nights local £5 rebuy tournament:

When playing in these you come to expect a few bad beats due to the wide range of hands most play and this I can cope with so when I hit top 2 pair (rebuy period was over so tournament lives were on the line) and an aggressive young lad leads out the betting I was happy to shove, putting him all-in, knowing I would be able to talk him into a call! So when he called and hit a runner runner straight draw, I took it on the chin. I made it to the final table, and into the money... Four of us left and I"ve got 6bb"s, I shove UTG with KQhh. Get called by KJo, the flop came 6 4 2, turn 3, river J!

Now, one bad beat (75% fav) is easy to take.... Two, (83% fav) well that"s just unlucky... But when it was the same player both times it hurts a little more!!

Did I mention how he took me out of the game two weeks ago (didn"t play last week) by hitting his ONE OUTER on the river?!?!
Some guys just run good I suppose!

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2011, 16:53:51 PM »
The Road to Improvement

In my attempt to improve my game both online and offline I decided to try the PokerTracker"s free trial software and invest in Jared Tendler"s "The Mental Game of Poker"

The PT software I felt a bit of a distraction! If I played endless amounts of cash tables I see the need, but as I only play tournaments the information wasn"t good enough. In tournaments people play different ways at different stages of the tournament depending on chipstacks and this cannot be worked out by some software! So I chose to delete it and take a new path to success involving only playing one tournament at a time and watching the whole tables play. Gosh, it turns out I"ve got a brain!

Now onto a completely different outcome - Jared Tendler"s book is a huge eye opener to not only poker, but life too!!

Going through this book is improving my game (pretty amazing considering there isn"t one paragraph that tell"s you how to play cards)!! One of my problems, particularly online, would be making snap decisions which ultimately turned out to be the wrong decision. Due to a slightly different way of thinking I am progressing further in tournaments and am (nearly) always happy with my actions! Work in progress.

Conclusion - Spend your money on a book.

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2011, 12:17:38 PM »
THE UP"S AND DOWN"S OF LIFE

The Number 12:

The number 12 is a special number:

It"s the number of months in a year.
It has it"s own little title: "A dozen".
It"s part of the festivities of Christmas: "The Twelve days of Christmas"

And now it has it"s very own part in my life.....

I have GOOD NEWS. Apparently 12 weeks ago during a night of passion with my partner one of my little fellows won a swimming race and was rewarded with the ultimate prize! YES, I"m going to be a DADDY for the first time!

Now for the NOT SO GOOD NEWS. Lets progress forward to 12 weeks in the future, Christmas come and gone, it"ll be the middle of January and I"ll be collecting my final pay cheque and redundency pay! YEP, jobless!

Fortunately, I am a positive thinker so this DADDY will be looking towards his new LIFE ADVENTURES, personal and career wise!

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2011, 11:11:02 AM »
Job/opportunity searching at the moment:

Advice from anyone on running a small/medium sized van (Peugeot Expert size or similar) would be appreciated.

Insurance costs, running costs, fuel consumption (urban driving)?
Any other advice for a "self employed van driver"?

Please and thank you.

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2011, 16:33:49 PM »
Do boring afternoons really come down to doing this?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CTM-Poker-Staking/207397005938366?sk=info

Can"t blame a man for trying!!

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2011, 14:46:43 PM »

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2011, 14:14:41 PM »
How easy is arranging a Poker Tour?

I"ve had thought"s on arranging a local poker tour, we have a fair few players in surrounding area"s who play for the usual small stakes that the law allows pubs/clubs to play for, but I would like to bring all these places together for a bigger game. I was thinking of having buy-ins between £30-£50 and attract 40-50 players to play once a month at all the different venues. Then having a Grand Final with one or two DTD Deepstack packages or even APAT events up for grabs.

Does anyone know if there is or what licence is required to allow a club to have a £500-£1000 prizefund event?