Author Topic: NORFOLK 'N' GOOD  (Read 68981 times)

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • I can play better....... I never have, but I can!!
    • HendonMob Database
Re: NORFOLK 'N' GOOD
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2012, 23:15:02 PM »
Sunday Storm Slight Breeze

I entered the Storm again this week, Finished a fairly respectable 7191st out of 38,000+ players. Just short of the money though!

180 MTT"s

The 180 MTT"s are where I"ve managed to build my bankroll. Being "turbos" they do tend to be a bit of a shove or fold game if you"re average stacked. That"s fine, it is what it is and I do enjoy playing them. However, I don"t think they are helping my game when it comes to the likes of the Sunday Storm, my chipstack tends to be up and down due to me still being in a shove or fold attitude! Maybe I need to play less turbo"s!!

(Luton 2010 Bronze Medal Winner)
(Online 2020 Silver Medal Winner)

GOLD MEDAL COMING IN 2030

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2012, 23:19:41 PM »

Tried to post my exit in the Genting satellite the other night but it seems the site was down...

Anyway the short story isthat I went out with 88 v KQ, a K came on the turn!!! Some online fish who goes by the name of:

Swinebag!! ;)

Hope you won a seat mate.

I wasn"t going to waste your chips - seat is mine!!

Well done... Did you manage to take the mouthy guy"s chips?  :P

LOL - which one? - I felt I was in a poker clinic with all the "advice" being given. Couldn"t knock them all out

LOL. If you can remember, the one who couldn"t understand that your shove of 14K was only putting 4K at risk!!

oh, that idiot - yes, he got a seat - hope he"s on my table in stoke (can"t play any of these untill stoke)

Shame he got a seat!

Good luck in Stoke. I"d be happy to sit at your table (It"ll mean I"ve managed to win a seat)
 ;D

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2012, 23:48:42 PM »
Poker Players Don"t work at Amazon!

Having just checked my emails I now know that poker players don"t work at Amazon...... Why?

I bought my "Mental Game of Poker" book via Amazon and they"ve sent me an email telling me that I can "trade it in" !!!!

I mean, what poker player would even allow that email to go out?

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2012, 02:21:01 AM »
Bankroll-ing down!

Having had a good run at the start of the year my bankroll has started to slowly shrink back down to about 60 Buy-ins!!

I have had a couple of shots at the Sunday Storm and one go at a UKIPT satellite which turned out to be more expensive than I expected!!

Looking forward to another shot at the Sunday Storm tomorrow today, and hope to rebuild the bankroll in that.

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2012, 00:17:00 AM »
I played in today"s Sunday Storm. Just missed out on a payday too:

5400 places paid........... I finished 5409th!

I didn"t get much in the way of hands but am pleased that I managed to protect what few chips I did win (I usually donk some off somewhere along the line!)

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2012, 00:00:12 AM »
Genting Poker Series satellite

£5.50 well spent tonight, managed to win a ticket for the £55 satellite. I would love to say that I played well but the truth is I couldn"t help but hit the flop!! At one point I had 31K in chips and 2nd place had only 9K. From then on I picked my spots to take some chips but mostly folded my way to a win!

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2012, 23:00:35 PM »
Genting Poker Series satellite

Didn"t have a great night in the £55 satellite tonight, I did manage to get as high as 4th when there was about 32 of the 40 entrants remaining but never really got an opportunity to put my chips to good use.

My second highest pocket pair dealt to me was TT, I got a caller, flop came with a K and J and I had to fold to a large bet. Opponent showed AK. This was much the same outcome for my 88, 55, 33 hands! I eventually went out in 23rd running my best hand of the night (JJ) into KK!

One day I WILL run good and win a seat!

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2012, 12:56:38 PM »
Are you playing Andy"s game at Holt on the 26th?
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2012, 01:31:02 AM »

Yes mate. Are you gonna play? I know we are easily over the 20 player mark, should be another good turnout ;)

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2012, 13:16:06 PM »
I haven"t managed to play any poker online this week yet due to an active social life, but tonight and tomorrow evening is looking good to go!  :P

The most satisfying night out was Thursday.... Pool night. Not for the pool game, I played quite badly and lost my singles game (now have a record of 10 wins/3 loses this season), but i had a few games of snooker after the pool match and managed to secure my first century break of 2012. A nice little 135 total clearance. There"s life in the old dog yet!  ;D

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2012, 00:32:54 AM »
Who needs the SundayStorm?

The missus decided to go for her afternoon nap at about 4.30pm so I decided to start up the old laptop earlier than usual. PokerStars "Bigger $8.80" with a $32K guarantee starts at 3.30pm but with 120 minutes of late registrations I chose to give it a go.....

I managed to double up my 3K starting chips quite quickly to put me on an average stack and in the thick of the game.

A couple of times I went on a run of hands, AK, AK, QQ was one lot. My raise was called for two out of these three hands and both times I hit and eliminated both players. The second run was 77, 77, KK and again chips were profited!

When the original field of 11,479 players was down to about 300 my BB was raised by the button so I shoved all my chips with QQ. The button instantly called with 10 10. I was relieved to see a Q appear on the turn!

This put me up to 12th in chips....

By the time 235 remained I had dropped to 18th.

I then played a hand really badly trying to scare a shortstack who, unfortunately, had AA!

This, and a few losses of blinds dropped me to 74/178.

A few more blinds later I am dealt AA. An aggressive large stack makes a 2.5x raise, I flat call and hopefully let him dig his own grave! Sure enough, he shoves all-in on a 10 9 2 flop. I call, he shows 10 9! I was releaved to see the river produce an A. This got me to 51/118.

Missing a flushdraw cost me a lot of chips and left me in virtually a "chip and a chair" situation, but I managed to win a few chips back on the very next hand shoving my floped middle pair and not getting called! Was now 81/100 and in need of a double up.

With 12bb left I shoved with 88 and was called by KK. No help came!

Finished 76/11479 for $128 (1st place paid $10,497)

monkeyman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: February 07, 2012, 18:06:49 PM »

Yes mate. Are you gonna play? I know we are easily over the 20 player mark, should be another good turnout ;)

Certainly am and the bounty bonus of a Goliath seat is a huge attraction as I intend playing that this year anyway
Currently tearing the Ipoker anonymous tables a new one

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2012, 22:46:24 PM »
Another Sunday Grind...

I entered three tournaments on PokerStars tonight:

The Bigger $8.80:
Finished 4648/11912. Was running quite well until I got moved to a new table and watched a player with a short stack constantly shoving.... My first play against him was AJ v 56. He hit a 5! The very next hand A9 v KQ and he hit a Q! Was out shortly after that.

The Sunday Storm II:
Finished 10974/37144. Struggled to get going in this. Cant remember my exit hand!

The Sunday Storm:
Finished 3011/43066 for $25. Lost AJ v AK when down to 11 big blinds.

Buy-ins:    $30.80
Winnings:  $25.83
Profit:     -$ 4.97

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2012, 23:52:00 PM »
Online Poker with PokerStars in 2012

I"m excited about the great work that Des (and anyone else who has been involved) in getting APAT on PokerStars. I was not a member of APAT nor a player on PokerStars when they were, as I am lead to believe, associated previously.

Everything has worked out perfect for me. I play online on PokerStars Sunday nights anyway and my "bankroll" is there too. So, I can include the league in my usual "grind time" and I don"t have to swap money around on different, and inferior, poker sites!

Now to find out who my "team mates" are.......

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2012, 23:59:39 PM »

Online Poker with PokerStars in 2012

I"m excited about the great work that Des (and anyone else who has been involved) in getting APAT on PokerStars. I was not a member of APAT nor a player on PokerStars when they were, as I am lead to believe, associated previously.

Everything has worked out perfect for me. I play online on PokerStars Sunday nights anyway and my "bankroll" is there too. So, I can include the league in my usual "grind time" and I don"t have to swap money around on different, and inferior, poker sites!

Now to find out who my "team mates" are.......

Thanks Colin.  We"re all excited about going back.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy