Author Topic: To all last seasons Walsall players  (Read 6026 times)

PantsMan

• Gold Member
To all last seasons Walsall players
« on: April 28, 2011, 15:42:14 PM »
Hi,

This is regarding the payouts for players who played in last seasons team event and scored points.

Having chatted to Brian Yates our captain last night it appears things weren"t clear regarding the payouts for people who scored points from those cashing in the GUKPT.

Basically the situation is this...

The top 4 points scorers got a GUKPT seat. We all agreed that 20% of anything we won would be shared out amongst the points scorers. I believed (and from what Barty has said he also believed) that this meant anything we won would be shared amongst all team mates who didn"t cash.

I was told last night that this is not the case and that the money is to be shared amongst only those who don"t play. I believe this is grossly unfair. I don"t see why somebody playing makes them ineligible.

In the worst case scenario, one player goes out on the bubble and the other 3 final table. In that case there"s going to be a lot of money to share out and basically every team member would get money except the one who played well for 2 days then got unlucky and bubbled. I cannot see how this is fair.

I agreed to pay the 20% as it"s a team game and we wouldn"t have won our seats without the whole team. However, that to me means the whole team should benefit and that should most definitely include the top 4 players as without their points we definitely wouldn"t have won.

If i go on to win it I cannot say to someone who finished in the top 4 and has played alongside me but not cashed that they get nothing whereas someone who scored 3 points all season gets paid.

Therefore i"m proposing that 20% of any winnings is paid out to ALL players who do not cash based on their finishing points.

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
Re: To all last seasons Walsall players
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 17:50:00 PM »
This is defo the case , playing players will split 20% also , im sure we can sort this tomorrow whilst your at the bar buying me a drink or 2
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 18:03:38 PM »

This is defo the case , playing players will split 20% also , im sure we can sort this tomorrow whilst your at the bar buying me a drink or 2

and you"re telling me how unlucky you got no doubt!   ;)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 18:03:50 PM »
if the agreement was pay 20% out to team members that didn"t make the top four (admirable choice btw), you could always share a further 10/20% with each other privately between the 4 players.

Bartyuk

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 19:32:40 PM »
I will go with whatever is decided.... But i do think its right that players should be included in any payouts if they didnt cash with their seat. Because it would be very sad to be the only one not to win anything like andy says, it just wouldnt be fair on Tony....  ;)

Peace

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 20:07:09 PM »
Guys,

It"s down to the individual clubs what they choose to do, but here"s our reasoning for why we chose to split it between the remaining scoring players in the first season we did this.

The top 4 players are getting to play in a £1k tourney due to some great individual performances, but also due to the support of their team mates.

If you look at last season, Walsall scored 378 points, of which 203 were scored by the top four players.  If you include yourselves in the split, you take away a significant proportion of the 20% you propose to chop up.

If you take Andy O, and Thinker, they both scored 60 points, so would be entitled to 3.17% of any winnings from the other 3 (15.87% of the 20%).

As I say, it"s your choice what to do, and anything back to your team mates is a great gesture, just make sure it is totally transparent and upfront as to what the plan is, then there will be no problems when all four of you are on the final table.   ;D

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 03:41:13 AM »
^^^^ THIS

Having played in the GUKPT as a top 4 points scorer of last years Walsall team, Leigh's rule is what we followed i.e. 20% of any cash was to go to the other NON PLAYING members of the Walsall team. Nobody queried the rule.

As it happened, Marcel cashed, and somewhere around £200 was split amongst the non playing members. I got nothing, Paul got nothing and Tony got nothing. Except we had played in a GUKPT for free.

Andy O probably benefitted from a share of the 20%. If so I didn"t hear you querying the rule back then!

Looking at Leigh's calculations, If you include the GUKPT players in the 20% then a large chunk of the 20% goes to the non cashing GUKPT players. That"s not really in the spirit of what the 20% is there for.

No-one can make you replicate the deal from last year, but I think there"ll be a lot of disappointment if you don"t.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 03:50:42 AM by AJDUK »
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 01:23:40 AM »

As it happened, Marcel cashed, and somewhere around £200 was split amongst the non playing members. I got nothing, Paul got nothing and Tony got nothing. Except we had played in a GUKPT for free.

Andy O probably benefitted from a share of the 20%. If so I didn"t hear you querying the rule back then!

Looking at Leigh's calculations, If you include the GUKPT players in the 20% then a large chunk of the 20% goes to the non cashing GUKPT players. That"s not really in the spirit of what the 20% is there for.

No-one can make you replicate the deal from last year, but I think there"ll be a lot of disappointment if you don"t.

Ok, well, we all busted early so it makes little difference now (aside from James still to play).

We agreed amongst ourselves tonight that all players would get paid. We all think that"s the fairest way. If people disagree then fair enough.

However, i never knew anything about any "rule", otherwise i"d have brought it up at the time. It"s something that those who cash do for those who are in the team. For me it"s a gesture from those playing to those who helped them get there, and for me that includes those playing. That is what the "spirit of the 20%" is there for imo.

As i"ve said previously (i know it"s not going to happen now but still) i can"t imagine winning the whole thing and having to say to the guys who"ve played alongside me, taken 2 days out of their lives but haven"t cashed that they get nothing. For me that is totally wrong and not at all in "the spirit of the 20%".

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 02:40:47 AM »

As i"ve said previously (i know it"s not going to happen now but still) i can"t imagine winning the whole thing and having to say to the guys who"ve played alongside me, taken 2 days out of their lives but haven"t cashed that they get nothing. For me that is totally wrong and not at all in "the spirit of the 20%".

As AMRN said above, you should swap %"s with eachother to offset it. That"s what we did last year, 5% each I think.

UL today.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 22:20:21 PM »
Can anyone tell me what we will be playing for this year if we manage to go and win the League again ?

This really should be made clear now and not once the seat-winners are known.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu