Author Topic: 888 rebuy tournaments  (Read 6896 times)

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
888 rebuy tournaments
« on: April 30, 2011, 17:51:14 PM »
Has anyone else had this problem....

I was playing in a rebuy tournament that had 2K chips and 2K rebuys with a nice 6K addon after an hour of donking. I was doing ok untill in the last hand before the break I got coolered KK < AA. I went to double rebuy and addon as the addon break had started.

The software offered me a rebuy which I took. There was no offer of another rebuy, but the addon was offered so I took that. The addon button then turned into a "processing" button.

Sadly there was no "process" and I played the rest of the tourney micro stacked (well for the 5 mins it took me to donk off 8BBs).

I rang up 888 to complain.

They said that no money had been taken from my account for the addon.
Not the point I said.
They then admitted that there is a fault with their software on the rebuy tourneys, that they are trying to resolve (sooooon - I"d imagine)
I then asked why on earth they continued to run rebuys if they were aware they had a problem with the software?
Couldn"t get an answer for this as this was a question for the technical team (who they couldn"t pass me on to)

sigh just sigh

I try and be positive about this site (the freezeouts are superb ;D ;D ;D) but this sort of service just seems wrong

Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: 888 rebuy tournaments
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 18:36:46 PM »
I had the same situation today where I lost all my chips on the last hand before the end of the rebuys, but it handled it differently. I couldn"t get a rebuy but I did get an add-on.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Quasar

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 18:51:30 PM »

I had the same situation today where I lost all my chips on the last hand before the end of the rebuys, but it handled it differently. I couldn"t get a rebuy but I did get an add-on.

same for me, didn"t get a rebuy but got add on.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 19:37:23 PM »
I hate rebuys  ;D

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 20:15:53 PM »
Same here. I joined the donkfest for 20 mins in a 1500/4500 game and got no add on. I complained and said that I wanted the rebuys (10) money back as well as the buyin which I was told "would not happen". I told the very nice girl that it will happen as the software fault changes the game completely and all monies must be refunded to those affected. After an hour of talking here and there, I was promised an e-mail reply within 7 working days once the techincal team had sorted out the problem. Lets see shall we. :-\
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 20:33:05 PM »
Is there anyone on here who doesn"t lose all their chips?
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 18:58:32 PM »
NOPE

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 19:59:30 PM »
i forgot AMRN dose.nt

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 22:41:55 PM »
thread deserves epic BUMP after incident tonight

I was playing in the 5K rebuy tonight on 888 wher my plan is to rebuy at the start - nit it up then addon at the 45 min break - this gives me a nice 120BB stack for the rest of the tourney.

Tonight - for some reason the addon button failed to appear  ??? ??? - leaving me short stacked (lost KK < A7 eventually)

went onto support to vent my fury (before I went busto I might add) and after a much protracted dialogue they agreed to return my $42 buyin and single rebuy.

vwp 888 - If they still choose to not update the software to sort out the rebuy glitches - then this more than makes up for it.

I am impressed and in love with 888 support

My
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D