Author Topic: Professional Players playing in APAT  (Read 10140 times)

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
Re: Professional Players playing in APAT
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 23:27:22 PM »

If a "pro" wants to get up for a £75 tourney, they"re obviously not a very successful pro

Not necessarily - they might just fancy playing an APAT event for the craic or cos they know some of the crowd, etc. Was it a coincidence that the only pro playing in each of the last two tournaments ended up winning them? Possibly it was, cos I saw Niall run good when he should have been out and I"m told it was the same with Ben. Nevertheless they then went on to win the events, presumably through a combination of running good and more skill. A pro player definitely has an advantage.

you think there was only 1 pro playing newcastle

Yeah, pretty sure i was sat opposite Gaz Walker.....  and saw a god few others....

All these people moaning about playing these so called "PROS" is pretty sad IMO....

Maybe if they put as much effort into improving their poker as moaning about the matter they would"nt need to be posting such utter B*******

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 18:59:06 PM »

If a "pro" wants to get up for a £75 tourney, they"re obviously not a very successful pro

Not necessarily - they might just fancy playing an APAT event for the craic or cos they know some of the crowd, etc. Was it a coincidence that the only pro playing in each of the last two tournaments ended up winning them? Possibly it was, cos I saw Niall run good when he should have been out and I"m told it was the same with Ben. Nevertheless they then went on to win the events, presumably through a combination of running good and more skill. A pro player definitely has an advantage.

Yeah, pretty sure i was sat opposite Gaz Walker.....  and saw a god few others....

All these people moaning about playing these so called "PROS" is pretty sad IMO....

Maybe if they put as much effort into improving their poker as moaning about the matter they would"nt need to be posting such utter B*******

stop moaning Dan and go & improve your game  ;)

Delboy

• Silver Member
  • Its not about the Poker
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2011, 19:44:18 PM »

People aren"t moaning about playing pros. They are moaning about pros playing the event. There is quite a big difference imo

WASP

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 20:07:30 PM »

People aren"t moaning about playing pros. They are moaning about pros playing the event. There is quite a big difference imo

Smokescreen for the same thing IMO

Either way it still doesn"t register with me what the problem is.  If we didn"t have the "pro" rule we wouldn"t be having this tireless discussion and I"m pretty sure the same about of pro"s will turn up next season as they did/will this season.  
Rear of the year 1991
Pipe smoker of the year 1998

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 20:14:02 PM »
Leigh and Tighty have chimed in and that should be the end of it.

Further discussion is proving increasingly pointless and verging on trolling.

[/close to locking off]
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 21:49:48 PM »
Don"t worry Paulie, i"ll pull the trigger.

APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)