Author Topic: Apologies in advance - 888 moan thread  (Read 16427 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Apologies in advance - 888 moan thread
« on: June 06, 2011, 17:56:41 PM »
In the past, I"ve always been reluctant to moan about anything related to APAT or it"s sponsor site.

I will never moan about anything to do with the APAT organisation and brand simply because the effort taken to run it on a voluntary basis is huge, and well appreciated.

I"ve also never moaned about the sponsor site because we"ve had so much in the way of value add and reg free tourneys. OK we still have value add, and still have reg free live tourneys...... BUT, I"m sure as hell gonna moan about the online rubbish we"ve had so far this season - I"m paying rake on that, so have a right to moan.

I"ve never had a single problem with any of the 888 MTTs I"ve played (70+ in last three months or so), so don"t understand why the provision for APAT has been so poor.

In APAT games, I"ve experienced or witnessed:
 - No timebanks during an APAT National (and PLO)
 - No breaks during an APAT National (and PLO)
 - Some players only seeing two hole cards during PLO
 - APAT league games crashing after two hours (was playing other MTTs at same time on 888 - all fine)

We"re paying rake on these games - they aren"t free. I for one have raked hundreds of dollars at 888 since APAT joined up with them, and put simply, when it comes to the online provision they make for APAT, I expect better.  I suspect 888"s online player base and associated rake has increased by a reasonable amount since they teamed up with APAT.

samuel_9

• Gold Member
Re: Apologies in advance - 888 moan thread
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 21:49:10 PM »
i agree with you....................BUT a little question .............r u in a bad mood >:(

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 22:02:37 PM »
TBH Steve apart from last night I haven"t had any problems with 888. I have played most of the APAT stuff without a hitch, and have played a lot of cash, and actually like the loook and feel of the site.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 22:55:00 PM »
Be careful saying bad things about the sponsor.!!
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 00:08:45 AM »

TBH Steve apart from last night I haven"t had any problems with 888. I have played most of the APAT stuff without a hitch, and have played a lot of cash, and actually like the loook and feel of the site.
i agree with you aswell

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 09:15:33 AM »

Mike - I also play a lot on 888, and have never experienced any problems at all, and really like playing there...... except when it comes to APAT games where everything seems to be broken!

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 09:26:45 AM »
Does this thread have a point? or is it just a moan?

If bad beats are 50p then I suggest moans are £1 per sentence with a 50p supplement for any bullet points.

Also, starting a thread = £5.

Please send by Paypal to "leigh@omgwhydoidothis.com"

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 09:53:53 AM »
Clearly then Stuart, you weren"t one of those that tried to play the last PLO tournament and could only see two of your hole cards, or tried to make a decision in the main event but timed out after 15 seconds cos the advertised timebank didn"t actually exist.

I don"t think these are petty moans - they are fairly significant.... I"m just asking that 888 pay a little more attention when composing the APAT events. As I said, everything else seems to work ok on 888, except for when it comes to APAT games. It feels to me like APAT is getting the rough end of the stick from 888 when it comes to online events.

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 10:42:22 AM »

Clearly then Stuart, you weren"t one of those that tried to play the last PLO tournament and could only see two of your hole cards, or tried to make a decision in the main event but timed out after 15 seconds cos the advertised timebank didn"t actually exist.

I don"t think these are petty moans - they are fairly significant.... I"m just asking that 888 pay a little more attention when composing the APAT events. As I said, everything else seems to work ok on 888, except for when it comes to APAT games. It feels to me like APAT is getting the rough end of the stick from 888 when it comes to online events.

And the things you speak about are very valid and I hope 888 react accordingly.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 11:05:43 AM »

And the things you speak about are very valid and I hope 888 react accordingly.

+1
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 11:29:52 AM »

i agree hole hartedly and hope they sort it out

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 11:30:49 AM »

Does this thread have a point? or is it just a moan?

If bad beats are 50p then I suggest moans are £1 per sentence with a 50p supplement for any bullet points.

Also, starting a thread = £5.

Please send by Paypal to "leigh@omgwhydoidothis.com"

but i do love this  ;D ;D ;D

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 11:40:30 AM »
I don"t think that there should be an criticism regarding players raising issues regarding 888poker and wanting to find out if they are the only one with these problems.

It is important that players support whoever is APAT's sponsor, and if these players are having problems, which they are paying rake for, then they should be able to air their concerns.

And it is up to us and 888poker to ensure we take these concerns seriously.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 11:42:55 AM »

Did I say they were petty moans?

Did I say I disagreed?

I was just having a laugh Steve - it"s what people do when they are relaxed and having fun.

I apologise if my attempt at a joke isn"t welcome on your thread.

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 23:34:20 PM »
I have to give 888 the benefit of the doubt and say they are only the 2nd worst online card room I have ever played..!!  Really...!!
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.