Author Topic: Open Golf  (Read 8736 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Re: Open Golf
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2011, 11:09:01 AM »
I do have some wedge on Dustin Justin ... not sure what I think about the weather ...

Feels a bit like pick the outsider who can hold it to par (and win)

Gary Woodland 159/1 on course - going great.

Stephen Gallacher 229/1 - welcome the conditions??

It reminds me of Carnoustie in 1999 when Paul Lawrie came back from 10 shots behind on the last day! Of course I did not pick that one, but the conditions were there for it.

Mmm ... should be a great weekend of golf.

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2011, 17:40:08 PM »
Dustin Johnston for the win ...

My plan for the day was to sit down with £400 and play £1/2 at the Fox ... crazy rains kept me home ... so lumped it on Dustin Justin average 21.3 ... just sold it all back to the market at 5.98 ... so dancing on a £6k profit it he sees it home!

L

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2011, 19:06:14 PM »

Dustin Johnston for the win ...

My plan for the day was to sit down with £400 and play £1/2 at the Fox ... crazy rains kept me home ... so lumped it on Dustin Justin average 21.3 ... just sold it all back to the market at 5.98 ... so dancing on a £6k profit it he sees it home!

L

top degen behaviour - I"ll be rooting for you
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2011, 19:25:29 PM »
Cheers Rob

It feels like I should take some profit.

Dustin Johnson (-4) : 3.60
Darren Clarke (-5) : 4.20
Rickie Fowler (-2) : 9.20

Given the course could savage anyone 13/5 is pretty skinny.

Also Darren Clarke played great today, as did Rickie in far worse conditions.

Last day of the Ryder Cup, Rickie showed he had tremendous spirit and talent.

I guess the plan will be to take profits as others fall away - will sleep on it.

L

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2011, 19:33:19 PM »
I would take £400 profit and freeroll at the fox
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 22:06:56 PM »
... yes defo some appeal to this plan ...

Windy weather tomorrow ... with the possibility of late rain ... could be a crazy finish with 17th and 18th playing so hard.

Someone to post a score and hold on??

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 15:06:50 PM »
No profits taken and Mickelson on a charge!

Clarke 2.9
Mickelson 4.2
Johnson 4.4
Fowler 8.2

Could still take some juice - but will go for glory!

L

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 17:08:06 PM »
Heading to the 14th ... Massive Hole ...

Dustin Johnson 3.6
Darren Clarke 1.49

2 shots to capture ...

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2011, 19:15:38 PM »
I"m assuming you went straight to the pub after 14th hole? Did not pass go? Did not collect a measly £200...?

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2011, 03:20:07 AM »
Well to sum it all up, ""bloody marvellous"". Hearing the words ""Darren Clarke Open champion"" it has a nice ring to it don"t you think?
All my trading, backing and laying, backing again then laying off again for a wee profit was all done by the end of the third round. To be perfectly honest i did not want the distraction of betting come the 4th round. I was getting drawn in by the superb rounds of golf Clarkey was producing, the Irish were kicking butt again and my cold eye [as i call it] i knew it would be affected.
What a final round huh? the usual English summer weather just to make things extra tricky. The Mickleson charge which luckily for DC petered out after the 11th. Bjorn and Fowler looked threatening but there putting just did not ignite. Then the 14th and big booming Dustin hoiked one right out of bounds, wow that was the moment the Open was nicely wrapped up with a bow on it to tantalise DC. The big fella held it together superbly and got a great reception at the 18th.. Brilliant viewing and i was glad i could sit back and enjoy it, i see by the thread there was some punting going on, i hope you all did ok.
top degen behaviour - I"ll be rooting for you

Currently watching the wsop and JP has a few chips :) good luck sir, it would be great to see another Brit make a final table. [and hopefully take it down]

enough of my waffle :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 14:11:56 PM by noble1 »

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2011, 20:49:40 PM »

I"m assuming you went straight to the pub after 14th hole? Did not pass go? Did not collect a measly £200...?

Pretty gutted - thought about taking some profit on the 14th tee - but felt it was a great chance to gain another shot and then think about it further.

Fair play to Clarke - he played extremely well - albeit with a massive break of luck on the 9th when he arrowed one at the bunker and then landed on the green!

Not sure what is next - 4th round golf is a nightmare - so often I have had monies that could be locked up but rarely do I take them!

L