Author Topic: Race Situations - A Poker Based Game that has nothing to do with Poker  (Read 15992 times)

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook

Bear Grylls v Ray Mears - he may cheat but he is more entertaining...
Bulmers v Magners - are these not the same?
Lister v Rimmer (inspired by a comment by JP above - tie breaker is the first person with the season and episode title ;))
Live v Online
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels v Snatch
Phil Hellmuth v Phil Ivey
Ricky Gervais v Peter Kay
Sean Connery v Daniel Craig

[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103

Bear Grylls v Ray Mears - he may cheat but he is more entertaining...
Bulmers v Magners - are these not the same?
Lister v Rimmer (inspired by a comment by JP above - tie breaker is the first person with the season and episode title ;))
Live v Online

Lister or Rimmer? And which one is a domination? :)

TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

PantsMan

• Gold Member
Missed the intial one before your answers but going to do it anyway!

The Beatles vs The Rolling Stones - The Beatles, without a doubt. More diverse and changed music forever. Also, split up before they got old and past it.
Mash vs Smash - Suited aces vs 7-2 os - without a doubt the dominator
Manchester vs Birmingham - Birmingham as Manchester contains MU fans (well, a few anyway!)
Blackberry vs i-Phone - Split pot
Kylie vs Dannii - Kylie, she once went out with Michael Hutchence so she"ll be filthy
Wembley Stadium vs Millennium Stadium - Haven"t been to either but Millenium is in Wales so has to be Wembley
Carlsberg vs Carling - Split pot, both totally standard ordinary lager
Jessica Rabbit vs Daphne from Scooby Doo - Jessica Rabit by a country mile. Might go out with Daphne but could have way more fun with Jessica!

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Sorry Dave, couldn"t give a stuff whether most of that list lives or dies.

Just come on to say that Hellmuth is the domination!

Oh, and Rimmer.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

PantsMan

• Gold Member
Bear Grylls v Ray Mears - Bear Grylls - He"s called Bear, "nuff said.
Bulmers v Magners - Neither, both taste like pish
Lister v Rimmer - Lister
Live v Online - Live every time, more fun and can pick up on peoples reactions, tells and the like.
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels v Snatch - Close call but i"ll go for Lock Stock
Phil Hellmuth v Phil Ivey - Ivey, the best in the world vs a guy who thinks he is but clearly isn"t
Ricky Gervais v Peter Kay - Gervais
Sean Connery v Daniel Craig - Connery

Domination - Ivey over Hellmuth - put the two heads up and i"d have my mortgage on Ivey

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

Bear Grylls v Ray Mears

Bulmers v Magners  AKo v AKs - close call, but 2% is important

Lister v Rimmer  

Live v Online   Live is fun, Online is for making money

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels v Snatch   Not seen either, but with Vinny Jones, Lock Stock is probably worth a watch

Phil Hellmuth v Phil Ivey  The guy who talks the best game in the world v the guy who plays the best game in the world. Domination.

Ricky Gervais v Peter Kay   Another AKs v AKo

Sean Connery v Daniel Craig  Oh come on, stupid question. Only Roger Moore ever got close to being as good as Sean Connery.  A second domination if I may.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Bear Grylls v Ray Mears never heard of the other. I assume it isn"t her real name. I know Ray"s producer and by all accounts he is a top guy.

Bulmers v Magners - surely this is the same company? They certainly taste the same

Lister v Rimmer (inspired by a comment by JP above - tie breaker is the first person with the season and episode title ;)) season 6 episode 4

Live v online only because I play online more and you can"t play live in only your boxers

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
v Snatch i"m always lifting quotes from this film. Only the other day my wife asked me to change the baby. I told her "I"ll do it for a caravan" in my best worst pikey accent

Phil Hellmuth v Phil Ivey - Ivey is clearly the dominant factor but "the greatest hold em player in the world" gets my nod for his continued LOLs.

Ricky Gervais v Peter Kay - both superb stand up but PK gets the nod because he hasn"t made the crap Hollywood offerings that Ricky has given us.

Sean Connery v Daniel Craig - surely the dominated here. Connery is James bond. Everyone else just plays Sean Connery.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 13:27:29 PM by Swinebag22 »
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • I can play better....... I never have, but I can!!
    • HendonMob Database
Bear Grylls v Ray Mears
Bulmers v Magners - I am a cider expert!
Lister v Rimmer - (close call but "rimmer" sounds more rude!)
Live v Online
Ricky Gervais v Peter Kay - Domination
(Luton 2010 Bronze Medal Winner)
(Online 2020 Silver Medal Winner)

GOLD MEDAL COMING IN 2030

bigredders

• Gold Member

Ok...here we go, trying to do this whilst playing a Heads Up tournament might not be the best idea. So I didn"t, but lost first round anyway. Sighaments.

Bear Grylls v Ray Mears
Bulmers v Magners definately the same company though
Live v Online
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
v Snatch
Phil Hellmuth v Phil Ivey  (surely the domination!)
Sean Connery v Daniel Craig  Hate bond films though!

As before. One of these is a domination!

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Bear Grylls - never actually seen him but whilst Ray Mears could survive several days in the wild on twigs and berries alone he always comes across as a bit of a wuss!
Magners (assuming UK not Ireland) - for originality and balls! Bulmers is a classic "me too" brand, not that there"s anything wrong in that.
Rimmer - Obviously if he was a real person he"s be annoying as hell, but in the series he has the better lines (glad you got the reference - It was "Backwards" which I believe is S3, E1?)
Live - Love it Love it Love it. genuinely could play 5/6 days a week if circumstances allowed, not sure I could grind that much online
Lock Stock - Both great films, although in many ways, the same film twice so I defer to the first one (PS Steve, Vinny is in both)
Ivey - Best in the world. Domination
Ricky Gervais - I know I am in the minority bit I think Peter kay is the most overrated comedian in the world (with the possible exception of Andy Parsons)
Connery Craig is doing a good job but Swinebag has it nailed in the earlier post

Good List!
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Sorry JP missed this last time around - great quiz

Bear Grylls v Ray Mears - Bear Grylls is awesome.  Never watched Ray.
Bulmers v Magners - ads are better, so I buy it whne im buying Cider
Lister v Rimmer - Just funnier
Live v Online - Online for ease (of use), Live for better poker...proper 50/50 for me.
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels v Snatch - Lock must be the domination
Phil Hellmuth v Phil Ivey  -Ivey world class on and off the table
Ricky Gervais v Peter Kay - Peter Kay for Stand up (recently seen him at O2....jaw-droppingly funny), Ricky for TV Programmes
Sean Connery v Daniel Craig  - Made Bond modern, and the only Bond films I"ve watched.
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
Right, won"t keep you all waiting.

1 - Bear Grylls v Ray Mears

Don"t get me wrong, Bear Grylls is great and Born Survivor is brilliant. But it"s fake. Whilst Bear does a great job of constructing a hammock out of "discarded" fishing net and hauling himself into the trees I simply get the impression that Ray Mears would fashion a neat three-bed detached house with running water using nothing more than a sharpened stick and a cliff face. All whilst fraternising with the local populace with understated charm. Ray Mears is one cool dude.

2 - Bulmers v Magners

Nothing better than some nice cool, crisp cider on a hot summer"s day, trick is in the colour. Bulmers has a stronger golden colour but if you"re really lucky you might get a pint of Magners that almost looks salmon pink in the sun. Then you know you have a good one and a perfect tasty pint that can"t be better.

3 - Lister v Rimmer

I love Red Dwarf. Lots. The whole basis of the books and tv show is the relationship between Lister and Rimmer. They both need each other to make the show work, but Chris Barrie is just an exceptionally funny guy and imo Rimmer is the best character by far. But he"s nothing without Craig Charles" Lister, so it"s a close one.

4 - Live v Online

Though anyone who"s played me might assume I have a style honed by the internet, nothing could be further from the truth. Online has never really grabbed me and my true passion lies in live poker and the banter/camaraderie that entails. Volume, ease, sheer amount of money and the ability to play naked (unless you"re in a really good live game) keeps online close, so no domination here.

5 - Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels v Snatch

I know Lock, Stock is generally the most popular, but I"ve always preferred Snatch. One word - Bricktop. So much better than Hatchet Harry. Snatch also helped spawn this:

And I prefer the soundtrack too :)

6 - Phil Hellmuth v Phil Ivey

I"ll come straight out with this, this is not the domination. Too obvious gentlemen. Whilst Ivey is the best player on the planet and is one cool mother****er, the game needs people like Hellmuth. Ivey has that stare and a certain charisma to him, but if all poker players had the same mannerisms as Ivey poker would be so bloody awful to watch. I do believe Hellmuth, whilst slipping further behind a number of players, is still underrated as a whole. Yes he wins tournaments against weak fields in the main, but being a bumhunter can make you a lot of money. In tournaments, few are better than Hellmuth at this. And it"s fun to watch people take the piss mercilessly!

7 - Ricky Gervais v Peter Kay [DOMINATION]

I don"t like either. But Peter Kay did do the John Smith"s adverts and can be funny without being a self-satisfied, arrogant, egotistical, unfunny prick like Ricky Gervais. I could smack Peter Kay for walking like a twat whilst shouting about Amarillo, but I would happily beat Gervais repeatedly in his smug face until my fists fell off.

8 - Sean Connery v Daniel Craig

Yeah, ok, easy one. Connery is Bond. Daniel Craig is playing a different style of Bond to the others and doing it very well imo. Plenty of time to continue to impress, and he did Layer Cake which I also love. Connery did The Rock however which is an epic film (even if he is overshadowed by Ed Harris). And my mum still fancies him at 80-whatever he is - I"d take looking like that at 50.

I therefore make Colin (thinsy) the "winner" - congratulations on being the only person to pick the domination - over to you for the next one.

Though kudos to JP for the Red Dwarf geekness! I"d definitely be thinking of Wilma.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • I can play better....... I never have, but I can!!
    • HendonMob Database
Oh my!!! I"ve actually won  ;D
And my prize? Having to engage my brain!!!  ???

As before there is one domination:

TEA v COFFEE
BOXERS v Y-FRONTS
MONICA GELLER v RACHEL GREEN
DANIEL NEGRANEAU v GUS HANSEN
TOMATO KETCHUP v BROWN SAUCE
AK v 22
LION BAR v DOUBLE DECKER
THE A TEAM v DUKES OF HAZZARD

(Luton 2010 Bronze Medal Winner)
(Online 2020 Silver Medal Winner)

GOLD MEDAL COMING IN 2030

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook

Oh my!!! I"ve actually won  ;D
And my prize? Having to engage my brain!!!  ???

As before there is one domination:

TEA v COFFEE
BOXERS v Y-FRONTS - MUST BE THE DOMINATION!!
AK v 22 - Another contender for domination strangely enough :) Id far rather AK vs shoving ranges!
LION BAR v DOUBLE DECKER
THE A TEAM v DUKES OF HAZZARD

<3 these :)
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

TEA v COFFEE
BOXERS v Y-FRONTS