Author Topic: Needing help.  (Read 5360 times)

After_darks1

Needing help.
« on: June 29, 2011, 17:51:02 PM »

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Needing help.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 19:05:01 PM »

any suggestions what I should have done.

not this

Hi all I was playing 888poker last night and I only had $20 and I went into a 25c/50c table.

play deeper or play at a lower limit

Unless you made a mistake in your OP, can"t see trip tens there!!

hand was just a cooler, but yes the A2 guy was pretty loose

Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 19:16:41 PM »

any suggestions what I should have done.

not this

Hi all I was playing 888poker last night and I only had $20 and I went into a 25c/50c table.

play deeper or play at a lower limit

Unless you made a mistake in your OP, can"t see trip tens there!!

hand was just a cooler, but yes the A2 guy was pretty loose

what he said

After_darks1

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 21:38:49 PM »
Yes ooops,sorry. lol never seen that. there where trips there 10s I hate fishes!!!!!

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 22:25:45 PM »

Yes ooops,sorry. lol never seen that. there where trips there 10s I hate fishes!!!!!

you can edit your OP if you want!!
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 11:30:01 AM »

I"m struggling to understand how you played this but here goes...

"Hi all I was playing 888poker last night and I only had $20 and I went into a 25c/50c table. This is what happend.

I had    th   ts Pre-flop I re-raised under the gun who bet just $5 to $9 which made the pot $14, the other person called me and under the gun folded. "

Ok, i really don"t get this. A guy under the gun raises to $5. You then state he bet "just" $5. That"s 10 bbs! you then re-raise to just $4 more, putting in half of your stack leaving $11 behind. If you"re raising here you have to shove. You can"t possibly set-mine for half of your stack and what do you do if the flop doesn"t come low or you miss the 10?

"So that made me think that he might of been playing with a AK or AQ or something like that now came the flop  9s 7s  qs, so I bet $10  min bet and he called not raising at all. "

So, you"ve now left yourself with $1???  Why?

"Turn  kh we both check  and on the river :ad: he Bet all in and I called not thinking that he might not have the flush but when it came to it he had  :as:  :2s: "

Well, you have $1 left, you have to call!

"so he showed flush is it me or this guys is really bad player." - Depends on his stack but i don"t mind his play if he"s deep enough. Your play is worse i"m afraid.

"any suggestions what I should have done. I hat Trips 10s So I wasn"t going to fold that at all in my thoughts. "

As someone else pointed out, there are no trip tens in the hands you"ve posted.

My thoughts - don"t buy in for just $20 or play smaller stakes. The less than min-raise from $5 to $9 for half your stack with tens is a horrible play. Shove or fold here.

The worst player here is the original raiser. Raises to $5 - 10 bb"s. Sees a re-raise to just $4 more, sees someone else call and then folds for an extra $4 to win a $23 pot!

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 21:04:15 PM »

Hi all I was playing 888poker last night and I only had $20 and I went into a 25c/50c table. This is what happend.

I had    th   ts Pre-flop I re-raised under the gun who bet just $5 to $9 which made the pot $14, the other person called me and under the gun folded. So that made me think that he might of been playing with a AK or AQ or something like that now came the flop  9s 7s  qs, so I bet $10  min bet and he called not raising at all. Turn  kh we both check  and on the river :ad: he Bet all in and I called not thinking that he might not have the flush but when it came to it he had  :as:  :2s: so he showed flush is it me or this guys is really bad player. any suggestions what I should have done. I hat Trips 10s So I wasn"t going to fold that at all in my thoughts.

Fold on the river, he has a flush.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 12:24:26 PM »

Hi all I was playing 888poker last night and I only had $20 and I went into a 25c/50c table. This is what happend.

I had    th   ts Pre-flop I re-raised under the gun who bet just $5 to $9 which made the pot $14, the other person called me and under the gun folded. So that made me think that he might of been playing with a AK or AQ or something like that now came the flop  9s 7s  qs, so I bet $10  min bet and he called not raising at all. Turn  kh we both check  and on the river :ad: he Bet all in and I called not thinking that he might not have the flush but when it came to it he had  :as:  :2s: so he showed flush is it me or this guys is really bad player. any suggestions what I should have done. I hat Trips 10s So I wasn"t going to fold that at all in my thoughts.

Fold for $1 to win a $44 pot having put in $19?

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 13:01:30 PM »

def - folding is mega +EV...DUCY
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 13:58:40 PM »
Fold pre and move to a 20nl table or lower
Looking forward to making my first day 2

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 18:22:04 PM »

You can"t really be ahead.

When he calls your raise you know he has something. It is unlikely to be a massive hand as he should be reraising with AA or KK here, most likely QQ as well. Our TT is probably the best hand preflop (I guess he could have JJ). The flop is pretty good for us with only one overcard. It also gives us a flush draw but his range obviously includes the As.

Therefore you have to bet on the flop as you probably have the best hand. I believe that there is about $24 in the pot. A value bet of $10 is fine here on the flop. When he calls you have to put him on the flush draw or maybe the made flush which he is slow playing to milk you. I doubt he now has an underpair or JJ now.

The turn is a horrible card for our hand as if he had Ks, or AK with As he is now beating us as well and there are now 2 overcards and he could well have a queen or a King. Checking here is probably fine. The river brings the Ace so now even if he just had the ace of spades he still beats us. Basically literally every hand that beats us made it"s hand there.

When he shoves he is showing great strength there as well. Therefore you have to make the tough laydown.

thestinger

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 20:07:04 PM »
Do you just ever think "that"s poker" - must admit sometimes I just play my way and take very little notice to somebody"s playing habits on the tinternet.  Don"t know how many times I have played a hand when I kind of knew I was beaten but I really needed to know.  Probably me just being a bad fisher! (Had two aces pumped many a time - even here on APAT).
have ye ever drunk baileys fae a shoe!

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 22:22:54 PM »
I don"t generally comment too much on these situations, as I don"t know the "math"  :-\

I"m a feel player and I feel that you have made a few mistakes as we all do.

Firstly as has been pointed out, if you have only got $20 you should be looking for maybe a 2 c /4 c table at your top end.

Remember if you run out of cash  :( you need to be able to pull back up! IF YOU RUN OUT OF BANKROLL  :o  :"(

Secondly UTG is the worst player in the world, was it Gomorrah ?  ;D

Thirdly if you have only taken $20 to the table dependant on position as soon as UTG raises you should be shipping, well

I would, having said that I do have a dorsal fin  ;D

Lastly you sort of gave yourself an idea when you thought he may be playing AK or AQ.......

Why continue on the flop save your dough

Cheers

Ian
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 13:29:04 PM »

When he shoves he is showing great strength there as well. Therefore you have to make the tough laydown.

On what planet is folding for $1 to win a $44 pot a "tough laydown"?

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 17:57:00 PM »

On what planet is folding for $1 to win a $44 pot a "tough laydown"?

The pot odds look very attractive which make the lay down especially tough.
Unfortunately when you are beat you are beat so best to let it go.