Author Topic: 888poker Scottish Amateur Championship  (Read 79908 times)

Donka

• Bronze Member
Re: 888poker Scottish Amateur Championship
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2011, 17:53:41 PM »

Trust me if 50% of the field buy in on day it will become clear what I mean ! Mecca bingo could be a better option!

better to play a 150 runner tourney in which two thirds of the field don"t have a clue, as opposed to a field of 50 sharks!!

And wonder why you have been bust by a random who called down your large all in bluff with bottom pair. I"ll save that for the weekly events. I would prefer a higher standard of player in a two day event in all honesty.

Donka

• Bronze Member
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2011, 17:55:47 PM »

Feel free to spread to word, we are slightly baffled as to where all the Scottish APATers are hiding at the moment.

If the demand is not there, it makes it tough to justify heading to Scotland next season.

My guess is this is the last weekend of the Glasgow Trades two weeks holiday - a lot of people will be away or just coming back from holiday that weekend. I know 3 people who are having to miss it for that very reason.

blowfly

• Silver Member
  • "AKA Mrs D"
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2011, 18:10:50 PM »

Would be disappointed if there was a move to withdraw the Scottish Amateur Championship. Marketing could have told you that the weekend of the Tourney coincides with the local "Glasgow Fair" Holiday, a possible reason for the unfilled capacity.

The other reason could be the the Gala is not the best of venues, the Alea would have been more suitable.

The Alea was a major disappointment when they were used for an event I was involved with before. Great facility, huge improvements required in hosting large scale third party tournaments

No idea what "Glasgow Fair" is. Neither did the venue suggest the date would be an issue

Richard

There was a documentary on "The Glasgow Fair" recently - basically the whole city used to go to the seaside - see:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow_Fair

I didn"t think it was that big a deal these days (as in not as much of a tradition as it used to be) and I was always told it was end of July - my quick google search seems to confirm that but I don"t live and don"t go nearly as regulary as I used to so probably talking ******!

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2011, 19:17:43 PM »

Would be disappointed if there was a move to withdraw the Scottish Amateur Championship. Marketing could have told you that the weekend of the Tourney coincides with the local "Glasgow Fair" Holiday, a possible reason for the unfilled capacity.

The other reason could be the the Gala is not the best of venues, the Alea would have been more suitable.

Has there been any mention of a move to withdraw or are you just scaremongering? lol.

All bought in and looking forward to my first APAT tourament ;)
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef

The Healer

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2011, 20:11:51 PM »

The Alea was a major disappointment when they were used for an event I was involved with before. Great facility, huge improvements required in hosting large scale third party tournaments

No idea what "Glasgow Fair" is. Neither did the venue suggest the date would be an issue

Was that the SPT ? I played in that, thought the venue was good, better than the Gala.
The "Glasgow Fair" is a local holiday, two weeks, and this year it is the last two weeks in July.
It was the traditional window for large Industries,Shipbuilding. etc, to close for the summer break. or Annual Leave as it is called these days.
The trouble with having an open mind, is that, someone will come along and insist on putting something in it

The Healer

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2011, 20:16:20 PM »

Has there been any mention of a move to withdraw or are you just scaremongering? lol.

All bought in and looking forward to my first APAT tourament ;)

I was responding to the suggestion that it may be hard to justify staging the SAC, due to the lack of patrionage in an earlier post
The trouble with having an open mind, is that, someone will come along and insist on putting something in it

The Healer

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2011, 20:17:41 PM »

Feel free to spread to word, we are slightly baffled as to where all the Scottish APATers are hiding at the moment.

If the demand is not there, it makes it tough to justify heading to Scotland next season.

This was the post I was responding to

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2011, 20:19:46 PM »

And I wasn"t scaremongering.  

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2011, 20:21:20 PM »

8) ah ok had me worried for a minute there. :P
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef

The Healer

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2011, 20:26:01 PM »
72 registered now, I suggest it will hit the required numbers by the end of the week, justifying the decision to allow The Scots to have a Championship.

flushfrank

« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2011, 21:06:41 PM »
Just like to know wit the prize money is?

bhoywonder70

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2011, 21:07:29 PM »

72 registered now, I suggest it will hit the required numbers by the end of the week, justifying the decision to allow The Scots to have a Championship.

What?
Apat Scottish online open gold medal holder 2008....

silverfox

• Bronze Member
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2011, 21:16:20 PM »
it may be slow but i think its going to reach the magic number of 120 players !

what happens if the event sells out online ?? im sure you will have some players hanging around on the day looking for a seat!

bhoywonder70

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2011, 21:18:26 PM »

it may be slow but i think its going to reach the magic number of 120 players !

what happens if the event sells out online ?? im sure you will have some players hanging around on the day looking for a seat!

There is alternates

Apat Scottish online open gold medal holder 2008....

silverfox

• Bronze Member
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2011, 21:21:56 PM »
for how many levels ?