Author Topic: 888poker Scottish Amateur Championship  (Read 80386 times)

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
Re: 888poker Scottish Amateur Championship
« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2011, 14:59:54 PM »
No. We don"t have our own chips and cards

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2011, 15:55:47 PM »

Will the apat tour be supplying their own chips & cards for the players to use ?

I"m bringing my own...is that allowed?  ;D
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

bhoywonder70

• Silver Member
« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2011, 16:15:58 PM »
James....your building this up into something its not....its a rake free tourney,played in good spirits,but also highly competitive....haven"t played in one,but I imagine those that tour the country play the game to a high standard.....whilst a prize is nice,I reckon the pride in winning a medal is just as sweet.....I would know....the money is long gone....but the gold is still there.....
Apat Scottish online open gold medal holder 2008....

silverfox

• Bronze Member
« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2011, 16:30:26 PM »
I"m sure I seen that gold medal in cash converters Window the other day! Yours ????

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2011, 16:53:00 PM »

I"m sure I seen that gold medal in cash converters Window the other day! Yours ????

Sure wasn"t mine....it"s on Ebay.  ;D

Donka

• Bronze Member
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2011, 16:57:24 PM »
So what is the player count at? Won"t get to my laptop anytime soon.

silverfox

• Bronze Member
« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2011, 17:04:01 PM »
Hope you make a few quid paulie! Lol. Like your blog page be good to read your thoughts after the glasgow event on it!

rupee4

« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2011, 22:10:42 PM »

Hey does anyone know what time the tournament is due to start on the Saturday. I will be direct buying into the tournament but depends on when it starts and finishes on Saturday. Anyone with any insight into this please?
Thanks
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 22:13:32 PM by Chipaccrual »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2011, 22:15:23 PM »

Hey does anyone know what time the tournament is due to start on the Saturday. I will be direct buying into the tournament but depends on when it starts and finishes on Saturday. Anyone with any insight into this please?
Thanks

The tournament is a two day event.

Day one will start at 2:30pm on the Saturday and finish somewhere around 1am.

For those lucky enough to make it through to Day two, this will also start at 2:30pm and finish around 10pm.

As with any poker tournament, finishing times are only for guidance (especially the day two finishing time)

rupee4

« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2011, 22:16:59 PM »

I"ve been asking round a little this event seems to have slipped under the radar on the Glasgow poker scene. I"ve been playing mostly in the alea & the mint I ain"t been in the merchant for some time so don"t know if there advertising this event! So might not see as many of the regular Glasgow players as normal I"m thinking that might not be such a bad thing ?

I play regularly at the gala merchant city and there have been no flyers advertising the tournament. I only found out about it in this months poker player magazine, and will be direct buying into it, once I find out the times the tournament starts and is due to break for day 2 (assuming I will make it that far!)

K3vl4rUK

• Gold Member
    • APAT
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2011, 11:48:30 AM »
i cant buy in for another week or so, so im kinda just fcked as it wer atm, really wanting to play this as i havent played an APAT since the scottish 2 years ago! plus this is the weekend before my 21st.

Also whats gonna happen with the structure if you are using the the gala"s chips? as the smallest denomination the merchant have are 50 chips. (sorry if this has been asked/mentioned)

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2011, 12:26:43 PM »

i cant buy in for another week or so, so im kinda just fcked as it wer atm, really wanting to play this as i havent played an APAT since the scottish 2 years ago! plus this is the weekend before my 21st.

Also whats gonna happen with the structure if you are using the the gala"s chips? as the smallest denomination the merchant have are 50 chips. (sorry if this has been asked/mentioned)

the Venue has had the structure for some weeks and has raised no issues with it, or timings, or dealing resources

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2011, 12:32:36 PM »
Oh sure. Like they"re that organised. Aren"t they they ones with the flyers that no-one had seen? Still, I"ll rely on Tighty to get them in hand.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2011, 13:22:23 PM »
The lack of 25 chips is easily rectified. Just play double stacked and double the blinds, i.e. 20k stacks start with 50/100, 100/200, 150/300, etc.

Pretty sure there are more important things to worry about.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2011, 13:35:33 PM »
Actually that would seriously affect the structure. Doubling the starting stack is not the answer. It would be more appropriate to just play the first 3 levels as 50/100. Then every level is the same (except for antes where something could be worked out).