Author Topic: National League - Season 5 Week 7 - Again  (Read 11494 times)

herner02

Re: National League - Season 5 Week 7 - Again
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 01:49:30 AM »
thanks, there was a couple of hands where I wasn"t sure what to do, clashing with team mates ect.
called an all in with  ah jh vs  9s 9d for 2k more.

justin was pretty pissed off with me.
whats the situation on these things happening?

stone

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 01:52:51 AM »

And he wins! WP Rich.

1 Solent
2 W Mid
3 Luton

Are you sure John, I got it as 40 pts each for Solent and WMids with the latter having 4 scoring players (vs 3) and the win?

Although its late and maths brain cells maybe asleep already

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 01:59:52 AM »

And he wins! WP Rich.

1 Solent
2 W Mid
3 Luton

Are you sure John, I got it as 40 pts each for Solent and WMids with the latter having 4 scoring players (vs 3) and the win?

This is correct, points are updated on the thread. West Midlands gets 3 points by virtue of 4 points scorers.
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

Pianissimo37

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 07:30:02 AM »

And he wins! WP Rich.

1 Solent
2 W Mid
3 Luton

Pianissimo37

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 07:33:46 AM »

And he wins! WP Rich.

1 Solent
2 W Mid
3 Luton
Very well done Richard. Many congratulations to Solent team (except me) for staying the pace. You are all awesome.

helenh

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 12:18:12 PM »
Richard,

Reason upset - I had been hanging in there waiting for a hand to push with, granted I had 2.5k ish chips blinds 200 400 or 300 600 not sure, so not really going anywhere but you never know - I push with 99"s on button or cut off, you small blind - 30 players left - the aim is to keep as many players in as possible (i.e. team mates) - I am not attacking you - just trying to survive and get lucky - you had 8k I think so imo no need to call at all, yeah if had a monster, attempt to lure big blind in, don"t know, but you gain my 2.5 chips and knock me out - I have been playing in such a way that when a fellow team mate raises I get out of the way, I"m obviously doing something wrong - anyway I"m not spending another Sunday evening wasting my time for that to happen again - I"m obviously not a good team player - congratulations on winning, I guess you need that selfish attitude - incidentally on your first week you were raising everybody mainly southern players and I thought you were spoken to about the situation that we aim to keep players in.  You can"t chat and say I have nines don"t call, I would rather another player calls with ace jack and I either double up or go out - simple imo  

herner02

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 14:46:02 PM »
justin -  I thought about folding but I knew you would be massive as you have a tendancy to ante yourself to death from what i"ve seen. I put myself in you"re position and I would have wanted a call. so I called.  I gave you the chance to double up and it turned out that we were in a race and you got unlucky, thats poker for you.
the only thing you"re doing wrong is overreacting.

I honestly don"t think there was anything wrong with the call so if anyone disagrees then save me from my own ignorance and tell me why it was not necessary to call there.

helenh

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 16:27:10 PM »
I don"t think you get it Richard - of course I want a call from Ace Jack, its not the being unlucky bit that infuriated me and that"s poker blah blah blah, I am not expecting a Solent player to call me with ace jack there and attempt to eliminate me from the game.  Yes I can double up off you but if you want me to double up call me with 7 2 - if you hit both then so be it - calling with ace jack is trying to beat me and knock me out which I don"t get!!!!!!  For me I want a any other player to call me.  Its funny that you say if you were me you would have wanted the call because swing it round - you push there I hit the fold button instantly with ace jack!!!! If I am in the wrong here and over reacting like you say, then solent players feel free to tell me that I should be hitting the call button there every time.

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 18:47:04 PM »
Technically no soft playing is allowed. People are supposed to play their own tournament. Obviously it doesn"t always work out that way, the whole team dynamic does make it a little bit different.

Personally, if I have a big hand, or at least a hand that plays well against someone"s range - I will be playing it, regardless of the player being Solent or not. It does not bother me whether I have the chips or another Solent player, so I won"t shy away from confrontations - though I won"t usually get too marginal in plays I make vs another team member. Note "usually" - this is entirely mood dependent.

From the scenario mentioned, I don"t think it"s unreasonable that all the chips went in. If I have a hand I think is ahead, I"m sticking it in. Think it"s a little too soon to be thinking of points with 12 players still to bust before then. I don"t know how either of you play, but AJ v 99 in a short stacked scenario - the chips are "meant" to go in according to average poker theory.

This is just my personal opinion. I will pretty much play the same, aside from I won"t make a special effort to annoy/abuse Solent players whereas I would with anyone else.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2011, 21:28:27 PM »
Rule 15 Amendment

This rule has been amended as follows :-

We have clarified that Collusion and Chipdumping is against the rules of the league and any player found doing so, will receive a points penalty against their team.  Any accusations will be reviewed on a case by case basis.

We have dropped the inclusion of soft play from this rule. Soft play between team mates is an accepted part of the team aspect of this league, and all players should be aware of this.
Disclosure of hole cards whilst there is still action to go in a hand is considered collusion, and we would ask all players to refrain from doing this.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2011, 21:38:38 PM »
Ah well. Missed that one.

Down to whoever then. I"d only worry about it if there was an obvious benefit (such as last season when we needed to win and West Mids to come 4th or worse).
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2011, 23:47:34 PM »

And he wins! WP Rich.

1 Solent
2 W Mid
3 Luton

This is correct, points are updated on the thread. West Midlands gets 3 points by virtue of 4 points scorers.

Yeah, I thought it went on the highest finisher when teams finish level but, reading the rules, I see that this is not the case, which seems a bit less than fair, but there you go. Well done W Mid.

WP again Richard on the win. Should have had it a few hands earlier if he hadn"t hit the river, but got there in the end.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2011, 01:01:58 AM »

I"d only worry about it if there was an obvious benefit (such as last season when we needed to win and West Mids to come 4th or worse).

Actually, it did make a difference as we finished level with W Mids on points last night but they got the win because they had 4 points-scorers, whereas we only had 3. Having said that, the scenario only arises due to Richard having won the tournament.

I would prefer if Solent players didn"t knock each other out. A clash also occurred between Andy Hall and Rich, when they got all-in against each other pre-flop, despite lying 2nd & 3rd at the time, when there were 10 left in. This clash ultimately destroyed our chances, as we were left with one very-highly chipped up player instead of two well-chipped players.

I understand that there is money at stake for individual players, but not for the team until the end of the season, so it is difficult to say not to give it your best shot. Perhaps this is something the league could look at - if we want people to play as a team, perhaps there could be a team element to the prizes on the night.

I"m not spending another Sunday evening wasting my time for that to happen again
Play Justin - we need players. And tell Helen to play - she is 2/2 for cashes, which is better than any of us.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013