Author Topic: Stake requests  (Read 16166 times)

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
Stake requests
« on: July 19, 2011, 21:58:37 PM »
Hey guys, i just wondered what your stance is on stake requests being posted on the forum?

Thanks

Sef
You can only play pocket jacks 3 ways, all of which are wrong.

It's only a gambling problem if you are losing :D

Follow me on twitter @pbsef

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Stake requests
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 22:27:02 PM »

Hey guys, i just wondered what your stance is on stake requests being posted on the forum?

Thanks

Sef

APAT doesn"t allow them IIRC.

Other forums have staking sections but you normally need 200+ posts before you are allowed to request stakes. This is an attempt to put off grimmers.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 22:28:23 PM »

APAT doesn"t allow them IIRC.

Frowned upon even  8)

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 23:19:47 PM »
ok thanks guys thought id ask as didnt want to overstep the mark. ;) Im not worth staking anyway! lol

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 23:30:45 PM »
Stake requests are not allowed on this forum.

Other websites have the opportunity for staking, Google is your friend  ;)
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 23:33:17 PM »
Hmmmmm,  steak

cashman

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 23:51:45 PM »
i take mine extra extra rare with lots of juicy blood, feck it i"ll have it raw  ;D ;D ;D
TEAM GOTHAM  (penguin)
Gold Medalist APAT ECOAP 2012 for Team Republic of Ireland

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 00:29:55 AM »

no its fine, i have it posted elsewhere. like i said i didnt want to post here if it wasnt allowed hence the reason i asked first. thanks anyway ;)

Just to let you know i didnt join to ask for a stake, i joined to be part of APAT. The stake idea only arose last night so i thought id check. ;)

looking forward to getting to know you guys and take your money at the tables. (chance would be a fine thing) :P

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 20:21:30 PM »
If it is OK to generally discuss here, does anyone have any advice on getting staked, be it online or live. How is the best way to go about it? What kind of general results are you expected to have before getting staked and what sort of things should you expect?

Sef

• Regional Captain
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 20:37:40 PM »

If it is OK to generally discuss here, does anyone have any advice on getting staked, be it online or live. How is the best way to go about it? What kind of general results are you expected to have before getting staked and what sort of things should you expect?

Different people expect different things mate, as long as your clear and precise on your intentions with stake, tournament, %of return it would be a good start. as mentioned before try google and have a look at previous staked players ect.

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 21:54:42 PM »

did not no this

mousebob

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 22:42:39 PM »
Paid $80 for steak in Vegas.
Yes it was good.
Veg was extra!!
Yes that is the most I"ve ever paid!!
The harder I work,
The luckier I get.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 22:48:33 PM »

1. show you are a decent player at the level you can afford so that someone would be tempted to stake you at a level you can"t
2. Join a forum, contribute meaningfully to discussions, diiscuss hands, i.e. aim to build up a certain level of trust
3. put requests for stakes on staking threads, making sure you have read other staking threads to get an idea of what you should be putting in your request.

Alternatively, after step 1, try staking sites such as Chipmeup

Results can be mixed before getting staked. Some staking sites have coaches who will want to run the rule over your game before deciding
a) if they should stake you or not
b) what the terms of the stake should be

First question, I would normally ask is, "why do you want to get staked?"

Normally I happily buy shares in people who I know and are taking a shot and most people who are willing to part with dough take this stance.

Getting into some long term staking arrangement can be very draining, for lots of reasons for both parties
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 23:08:03 PM »

1. show you are a decent player at the level you can afford so that someone would be tempted to stake you at a level you can"t
2. Join a forum, contribute meaningfully to discussions, diiscuss hands, i.e. aim to build up a certain level of trust
3. put requests for stakes on staking threads, making sure you have read other staking threads to get an idea of what you should be putting in your request.

Alternatively, after step 1, try staking sites such as Chipmeup

Results can be mixed before getting staked. Some staking sites have coaches who will want to run the rule over your game before deciding
a) if they should stake you or not
b) what the terms of the stake should be

First question, I would normally ask is, "why do you want to get staked?"

Normally I happily buy shares in people who I know and are taking a shot and most people who are willing to part with dough take this stance.

Getting into some long term staking arrangement can be very draining, for lots of reasons for both parties

This.

Long term staking arrangements in tournaments often include "make-up", i.e. that you pay back any losses before you the profit is split as per the agreed %. You may get other "added value" into the bargain though.

A friend of mine who is a more than reasonable player is being staked and is £35k in the hole. His backer has horses who are worse off than that. So when this guy hits a score - and it"s going to need to be a good one - he won"t see most of it.

So definitely decide what exactly you want out of it. Rob"s advice is excellent. Basically prove you"re a good player and trustworthy, worth staking. Acknowledge stakes, update and pay out quickly. Like everything else you have to start off at the bottom and work up.

My personal preference is to ask for (very) occasional one-off staking from friends and poker acquaintances for bigger tournaments. If I could be bothered I"d take it a step further and get on chipmeup and build up a reputation - if you have good OPR stats and offer a good deal you will get small staking very easily. It can work though, another friend does a lot through there and got put into the WSOP Main Event by chipmeup.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 23:11:45 PM »
Staking - I wouldn"t recommend long-term staking for tournaments unless you"re playing on Stars and can play MTTSNG"s. It"s just not worth the effort on both sides.

Cash games on the other hand...that"s a different story.
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]