Author Topic: Omaha Hand  (Read 2308 times)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
Omaha Hand
« on: August 05, 2011, 21:22:57 PM »
As I said previously I wanted to have a go at the 250BI Deepstacked PLO games. Made a start on them playing two tables and trying to watch the tables (normally I rely on poker tracker and play more tables). I have a few hands I think I played badly but this is one of them.

All the players have been playing fairly straight forward, when they bet they normally have something and not much bluffing going on. People are generally calling quite light as well and folding when they miss on the river.

I was playing a wide range of hands in position (or trying too) and trying to see lots of  flops. I have a double suited connected hand on the button so saw the flop as it was cheap, is this hand good enough to see the flop? Should I be considering the reverse implied odds that probably come with this hand maybe?

The turn is not an ideal card but when they check to me it makes me think I have the best hand so I make a pot-sized bet expecting them both to fold to be honest. I didn"t expect somebody to shove it all-in (poor planning as I should know what I do in response to this).

However it does not seem likely that my opponent has been betting all the way along and then suddenly checks when he makes the nuts? Is this sensible thinking. The pot odds are very favorable as well.

I don"t think this can ever be a fold but thought I would post it up as I don"t think I played the hand too well, what are the thoughts on how I played all the streets?

kerenskiy: posts the ante $0.02
u r rubbish: posts the ante $0.02
kerozin01: posts the ante $0.02
PokerJudge86: posts the ante $0.02
ALCAZAR42: posts the ante $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to AAroddersAA [6h 8c Qc Th]
PokerJudge86: raises $0.40 to $0.50
ALCAZAR42: calls $0.40
AAroddersAA: calls $0.50
kerenskiy: calls $0.50
u r rubbish: calls $0.45
kerozin01: calls $0.40
*** FLOP *** [7s Ad 9d]
u r rubbish: checks
kerozin01: bets $2
PokerJudge86: folds
ALCAZAR42: calls $2
AAroddersAA: calls $2
kerenskiy: folds
u r rubbish: folds
*** TURN *** [7s Ad 9d] [Ts]
kerozin01: checks
ALCAZAR42: checks
AAroddersAA: bets $7
kerozin01: raises $15.56 to $22.56 and is all-in
ALCAZAR42: folds
AAroddersAA: ??????
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 21:31:06 PM by AAroddersAA »
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
Re: Omaha Hand
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 21:38:06 PM »
Fold pre.  Our hand is ds, but not strong enough to play multi-way.  If the or is weak, we can 3b to iso, but flatting is the worst option as our hand plays really badly multi-way.  At these levels we shud be playing straight forward and aggro pre, and just trying to draw to the nuts a lot.

As played, call. We beat a lot of his 2p/sets/pair+fd hands.

ul :)
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 21:53:20 PM »

Fold pre.  Our hand is ds, but not strong enough to play multi-way.  If the or is weak, we can 3b to iso, but flatting is the worst option as our hand plays really badly multi-way.  At these levels we shud be playing straight forward and aggro pre, and just trying to draw to the nuts a lot.

As played, call. We beat a lot of his 2p/sets/pair+fd hands.

ul :)

Yeah I would have to agree, fold pre is better. What do you do on the flop as played?
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 21:57:59 PM »
Think flatting is better when we cannot rep the nuts and some of our straight outs rnt to the nuts.  Hard to say what to do on a rainbow flop without more info on stack sizes and opponent tendancies, but multi-way I think flatting>raising.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...