Author Topic: APAT WCOAP Main Event 2011: Day1b Live Update  (Read 57658 times)

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT WCOAP Main Event 2011: Day1b Live Update
« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2011, 12:54:45 PM »
Superb event again, always look forward to playing any APAT event I can.

Structure perfect, breaks more than enough.  Eat before / snack box - simples.

Was on Dave Howards table all day, and it was an education for me.  Great play (even though he said at one point he wasn"t playing well!)

That is the gap I want to close, and playing these type of events is the only real way to improve myself, learning and playing with better players.  Which is what I feel APAT is all about.

Loved every minute.
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Kev B

« Reply #166 on: August 29, 2011, 13:53:58 PM »
Best of luck to Dave "no cash/shoes" Garden and Stokie Gary Strang.

WASP

• Silver Member
« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2011, 14:50:36 PM »

Best of luck to Brian Martin.

+1 (LOL)

Should never have turned up I was so jet lagged and sleep deprived I was on a different planet.  I managed to lose half my stack in the first level by convincing myself that jacks full of aces was bigger than aces full of threes (sigh).  Then when I got a stack I managed to convince myself (twice!) that the tighest player in the room was running a three barrel bluff.

Anyhow I enjoyed it (I think) big thanks to all the APAT crew and DTD for another great tourney and for those who want to have have food, long breaks, shopping trips and a cinema visit while playing - great real or go elsewhere.
Rear of the year 1991
Pipe smoker of the year 1998

JayCbee.

« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2011, 18:20:07 PM »
Gents thanks for a great day yesterday - cheryl and I had lots of fun and were just gutted we didnt make day 2 - happy with getting to play all day though and only getting knocked out in the early hours of monday morning..what a way to spend a wedding anniversary - how lucky am I!!

Wow we were both tired though I tell you...

Great fun, great event and love DTD.  Will play another event soon!  Organised to a high standard as always - good to see you again Des.

Good luck to everyone left in - really nice meeting everyone yesterday.

See you all soon - Jason and Cheryl.

PS - Cheryl says sorry about knocking out Jack Prime!   Sorry jack..Ill have a word.

gizagu

• Bronze Member
« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2011, 19:42:02 PM »
great day at dtd yesterday,absolutly drained today,unfortunatly just fell short of the cut off point,saw some good poker being played.
rewarded today online dtd 30euro freeze out 64 runners came 2nd for 440euro,
these apat games seem to fine tune me,i allways seem to do well online after playing a bigger game like the apat organize,
the breaks were ok 4 me enough time 2 have a smoke update other half and a quick sarnie,
welldone again apat and dtd putting this great tourney on,
hope to get to some more in the near future.