Author Topic: Week 11 roll call  (Read 13864 times)

Pears27

• Silver Member
Re: Week 11 roll call
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2011, 21:03:14 PM »
Annoying to have FT bubbled when my Q9 button shove met with a speculative call in the BB with kings :P

FWIW I take exactly the same line as Tod on 3-betting teammates. I also knocked Charles out last night, as AA was just about inside my pf calling range.

I did have a bit of a "great team play or chip dumping?" quandry in week 10 - will post it when I can be bothered (currently in the process of busting early in a GUKPT side event in Coventry...)

Moocher

• Bronze Member
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2011, 23:21:17 PM »
Im over it :)

But when said team mate raises UTG with Q8os on my blind

OOOOOOHHHHH IM OFF AGAIN

GG, WP, NH ETC ETC ETC
Call me Mooch

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2011, 21:59:22 PM »

OOOOOOHHHHH IM OFF AGAIN

GG, WP, NH ETC ETC ETC

imo that is actually good team play.

The UTG raise is usually going to look strong, particularly with a team mate in the big blind, and there is a good chance it will fold all the way round... so UTG nicks the team mate"s big blind..... but the nett result is that the chips stay within the team. 

If the UTG doesn"t raise to take his team mate"s big blind, you can be sure as hell that someone else will - nett result is that the chips are lost to the team.

BrummieGreg

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2011, 22:03:19 PM »

OOOOOOHHHHH IM OFF AGAIN

GG, WP, NH ETC ETC ETC

THIS!!!
imo that is actually good team play.

The UTG raise is usually going to look strong, particularly with a team mate in the big blind, and there is a good chance it will fold all the way round... so UTG nicks the team mate"s big blind..... but the nett result is that the chips stay within the team. 

If the UTG doesn"t raise to take his team mate"s big blind, you can be sure as hell that someone else will - nett result is that the chips are lost to the team.

West Midlands are Season 5 Champions!!!
Finished 1st for West Midlands & 3rd overall

http://twitter.com/BrummieGreg
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000092775592&ref=tn_tnmn