Author Topic: A HUGE apology to Apat and the Bristol team.  (Read 3986 times)

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
A HUGE apology to Apat and the Bristol team.
« on: October 19, 2011, 00:32:48 AM »
Not quite sure how I got it sooooo wrong but I thought the online league was over 10 weeks.

After we played game 7 I thought we had no chance of winning so sent pms to team members saying "play for fun" if you wish but we cant win...and didnt send any more reminders.

It didnt even cross my mind that I got it wrong when I seen game 11 promoted because I thought it was one of the "missed" games being replayed.

I have had some personnel problems that have maybe taken my eye off the ball but there is no excuse for this major error on my part and I feel really bad.

Is it too late to make a comeback?  Yes... but never too late to improve our score. Expect spam for the remainder of the season :)

I feel I have failed the team as a captain and to be honest I also feel I cant boost the team numbers as I have a limited amount of Bristol poker friends. I dont play live very much at all so its not likely to improve.

We need a new captain...without a doubt...some new blood with the same drive I had in the past.

It really has been a total pleasure doing this and so rewarding...especially when we won  ;D

Please pm me if you would like to take over.

PS I will send this message via pm to all members next week.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: A HUGE apology to Apat and the Bristol team.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 09:10:50 AM »
Everyone makes mistakes Suz. It"s how we handle them that defines us as a person.

Don"t beat yourself up, anyone else in the team could have worked it out for themselves and shouldn"t rely on you.

Hope your issues are sorted or on the way to being sorted.

All the best.

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 11:11:34 AM »

Everyone makes mistakes Suz. It"s how we handle them that defines us as a person.

Don"t beat yourself up, anyone else in the team could have worked it out for themselves and shouldn"t rely on you.

All the best.

+1 xx
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 12:48:41 PM »

All the best.

+2

With the changes in my circumstances I"ve taken my eye off the captaincy ball too and I feel Notts has suffered as a result. So, if it makes you feel any better, you"re not on your own in feeling guilty - not that you should :)

josharp01

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 12:53:14 PM »

All the best.

+1 xx
^^^This, big hugs hunni x
2013 WCOAP Razz Champion "Jangle Jangle" :)

Proud Captain of Scotland "A" team-Home Int Champs 2012 :)

Captain of S6 East of England Team :)
APAT UK Online Champion 2011
Proud member of former Team Luton :D
NinjaJoJo on APAT Poker

sleeves

• Bronze Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 22:55:38 PM »
Dont be silly Suzy you been a great Captain. It hard trying to rally people up together to play online as a team i"m sure if we stay up in Div 1, next season we can rally some more players up and give it a good go! I will do my best to try and get a few more on board :)

jjandellis

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 21:55:15 PM »
Hi

Do u still need new players? I"ve recently moved to Cirencester area :-)

Lee