Author Topic: The Fossil does Vegas  (Read 331562 times)

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Re: The Fossil does Vegas
« Reply #240 on: May 09, 2013, 13:41:41 PM »
Played the 6 max last night and almost got the perfect start flopping a straight, v a set but the turn card killed any more action and I couldn"t extract any more from opponent, the rest of the game was as expected difficult, all decent players and chips hard to come by.

I think I peaked around 12k, but not hitting flops and c bets not being believed led to the demise, I reshoved with 99 (12 bigs) after a raise v 2 limpers, hoped he had AK, AQ for a flip at least, alas he had jj and he hit a j on the flop so I was drawing fairly thin after that, so the sides are over for me and have the main to play tomorrow, hoping to have saved any run good, good fortune to that one, either way I haven"t had to dig into bank account for any cash, although my drawer with my poker winnings is looking a bit empty, time for a refill me thinks.

Had 3 days offline whilst Gukpt in town, back on it today finished 9/150 final table, and 10/219 final table bubble for a tiny profit, not worth mentioning but still knocking on the door. Will be doing an afternoon session after I have done the weekly shop.

The other stake I have running on Stars hasn"t been going as good as tilt and we are down to  $500, so I have informed all people on that one that we shall be going out with a bang and have a full schedule in the Scoop series, make or break on Stars for me, thanks for reading, I know my brother does, apparently one of the first sites he checks daily.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #241 on: May 09, 2013, 15:29:07 PM »

thanks for reading, I know my brother does, apparently one of the first sites he checks daily.

Eagerly await this thread to pop up on unread, like most of the community - keep it going leg end  ;D

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #242 on: May 10, 2013, 21:37:28 PM »
Get this over with whilst still fresh in the memory. Main event started ok got up to 27k early doors but was back to 21k by the 1st break, we had one maniac on the table ( a local reg who plays any 2) and doesn"t have a fold button.

Him and Chen tangled consistently and chips were being passed to and fro between them, eventually 9 2 suited led to Chens demise when Chen made trips but the back door flush got there.

Meanwhile I couldn"t catch a thing and eventually 3 bet AJ (2k)on the button, Maniac calls, he had raised pre to 600, cut off comes along, flop A75 rainbow, cut off leads for 5k, virtually pot, not happy here but I call, K on the turn, check check, and on a 2 river he jams for 11k, stinks of 2 pair to me and I fold reluctantly, he shows A7 for a flopped 2 pair, yawn, standard.

I am now down to 12k and pretty hamstrung see a few flops, whiff them all and with blinds at 200/400 jam 9k with JJ, unfortunately someone wakes up with KK behind and no Miracle jack or weird straight occurs and I am gone, pretty much the same time Dave leaves his table losing A10 v JJ I think.

Overall a pretty disappointing Gukpt week for me, the saving grace was from last weeks chop at Gala paid for the whole series so financially didn"t make a dent in the bank account, just the money drawer is a bit lighter.

The maniac on the table got up to 70 k within 3 or 4 levels, then went out when he had flopped a set of threes, with 2 spades on board, the flush binked on the river and the recipient took a massive 45k plus pot. He was unlucky in that hand but his luck had to run out at some point, live by the sword, die by the sword I suppose.

Scoop this week starts on Stars and I will be milling around all the low buy in events going to go out fighting on Stars win or lose the lot, on tilt I will continue with the proper bankroll management and hopefully some success will ensue.

Genting Sheffied next week will probs have one satellite attempt during the week to see if I can bink a seat for that, unfortunately Wembley out of the question as its too much hassle to get Susan looked after.

Run good, be lucky stay healthy.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #243 on: May 13, 2013, 02:29:11 AM »
Note to self, must try and run better, still smiling because it just makes me laugh.

Full Tilt Poker Game #32643874040: $3,000 Guarantee (253699212), Table 9 - NL Hold'em - 1200/2400 Ante 300 - 02:16:16 WET - 2013/05/13 [21:16:16 ET - 2013/05/12]
Seat 2: digrutis (42,151)
Seat 3: carterjak (23,936)
Seat 4: KLAKE0 (8,716)
Seat 5: sthjtd (30,372)
Seat 6: Credo7 (49,755)
Seat 7: Renational (26,475)
Seat 8: miskin7 (54,458)
Seat 9: Yannick1980 (50,602)
digrutis antes 300
carterjak antes 300
KLAKE0 antes 300
sthjtd antes 300
Credo7 antes 300
Renational antes 300
miskin7 antes 300
Yannick1980 antes 300
Credo7 posts the small blind of 1,200
Renational posts the big blind of 2,400
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Credo7 [Ad Ac]
miskin7 folds
Yannick1980 folds
digrutis folds
carterjak folds
KLAKE0 folds
sthjtd raises to 30,072, and is all in
Credo7 raises to 49,455, and is all in
Renational calls 23,775, and is all in
Credo7 shows [Ad Ac]
Renational shows [Kd Kh]
sthjtd shows [Jd Js]
Uncalled bet of 19,383 returned to Credo7
*** FLOP *** [3c 4h Kc] (Total Pot: 88,719, 3 Players, 2 All-In)
*** TURN *** [3c 4h Kc] [Jh] (Total Pot: 88,719, 3 Players, 2 All-In)
*** RIVER *** [3c 4h Kc Jh] [9c] (Total Pot: 88,719, 3 Players, 2 All-In)
Credo7 shows a pair of Aces
sthjtd shows three of a kind, Jacks
sthjtd wins the side pot (7,794) with three of a kind, Jacks
Renational shows three of a kind, Kings
Renational wins the main pot (80,925) with three of a kind, Kings
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 88,719 Main pot 80,925. Side pot 7,794. | Rake 0
Board: [3c 4h Kc Jh 9c]
Seat 2: digrutis folded before the Flop
Seat 3: carterjak folded before the Flop
Seat 4: KLAKE0 folded before the Flop
Seat 5: sthjtd (button) showed [Jd Js] and won (7,794) with three of a kind, Jacks
Seat 6: Credo7 (small blind) showed [Ad Ac] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 7: Renational (big blind) showed [Kd Kh] and won (80,925) with three of a kind, Kings
Seat 8: miskin7 folded before the Flop
Seat 9: Yannick1980 folded before the Flop

#lovethegame.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #244 on: May 19, 2013, 02:57:31 AM »
A day of might have beens, started this morning on the iPad a $33 4k gtee on Stars finished 32/308 for $68 lose the flip AQ v 44 for 45 bigs and a decent shot at $1k8, standard, would of been nice to win that before getting out of bed

Decided to play the 2:15 $33 game finished that one 19/350 for another $69, again lose AK v 10 10 actually flop the world open ended straight draw and nut flash draw brick that one again for a 50 plus big blind stack and a shot at $2k, standard.

Played a $20 hyper 6 max to the big 55, win my seat in one hand 66 v AQ v AQ v AK flopped the 6 didn"t need it would of won any way.

Finished 230/2500 for $130 in that one ran JJ into QQ for 40 bigs, but can"t really complain about that as I had cracked both KK and AA with JJ well before the cash, unfortunately lightning didn"t strike for the third time and the queens held, so fair play on that one.

I have managed to get out of the hole on Stars thanks to a 3rd in a $7k5 gtee for $1k on Wednesday and have jumped into profit for the first time since January, which is good news for my mates who have a little piece of me on Stars, only $500 up but better to be plus than minus.

I have been watching the live stream of the Gps and it really makes me want to play more deepstack live games the structure on these are superb and will definitely be trying to play one or more of them, I know Southend is the next one this may be a bit too far to travel but I think Stoke is a possibility.

The Wembley thing is something I would like to have a go at but the logistics of getting Susan looked after plus costs of transport hotels etc make it a bit of a non starter for me which is a bit of a shame but that"s life.

Nothing to report on Full tilt other than a few min cashes and a couple of close but no cigars, again it"s just not getting the rub of the green at the business end of games, the pay structure at the bottom end is really not worth bothering with so have been playing with more aggression than is usual for me but not been getting the love, QQ v KJ for a ft spot k on the river and the infamous AA v KK v JJ see hand history above for that one.

On the live scene nothing to report since my bink at Gala a few weeks ago unfortunately the Gukpt took most of that up, glad there isn"t a festival every week, G have a £2k gtee on a Tuesday now and this week just to say reached the guarantee, I texted Dave who was unaware of the new game and he came and late regged and I think he ended up doing a deal 4 way at the end, I spewed off most of my chips in a blind v blind battle where we both hit the flop me with the 10 and him with the 8 he eventually spiked the 8 on the river for trips and my 2 pair was no good, with this player even if I jam the flop or turn because he has hit he won"t fold so either way I lose my chips by the river.

Gala have their bi monthly £150 next Saturday which all things considered I should be playing, I have gave the option to the people who have a bit of me on Stars to let me withdraw the cash from there and will be playing as part of the Stars stake, awaiting their replies, it just means I am not withdrawing cash from the household funds for poker, I prefer it when poker funds poker unless it"s just a £30 freezout which is just a standard night out.

Waffled on enough, thanks for reading if you are still here, run good, be lucky stay healthy.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #245 on: May 24, 2013, 10:27:54 AM »
Maybe serious or maybe not.

Looking to go to Vegas for world series and looking for funding for 100% of all action, my total buy ins will be approximately $50k, inc main event.

A little bit about me, I don"t drink, smoke or take recreational drugs but for this trip I may start so any funds shipped would help towards starting any one of the afore mentioned habits, I don"t think this will affect my game as I tend to sleep through most of the games anyway waking to win a flip with 20 bigs then once I have won that nod off again, rinse and repeat until I have won the tournament.

The above strategy has proved successful on numerous occasions and has funded my millionaire lifestyle so far. This lifestyle I would like to share with others so you too can share in the glory of a poker millionaire.

So you can be assured I wont be wasting any of your hard earned cash I am intending to book a suite at the Wynn or Bellagio so I am fully rested for each tournament I play, part of the $50k will fund this by the way, I will send postcards to each investor so they can see how we are doing every week.

Some people are aware of my home situation ie a ft carer for my wife and may be a bit concerned about her wellbeing while I am away, well you don"t need to be I have made contingency plans and will be leaving her with 14 days supply of food beside the bed, a hose pipe leading from the bathroom for water and because we have nurses coming in twice a week they can see to  all of her other needs.

So I don"t get lonely in Vegas I have heard you can hire ladies who will sit and have a chat with you for an hour or so this may also come out of the initial funding just so I don"t get too stressed playing with other peoples cash.

I will be dining in the finest eating establishments as I find a healthy body means a healthy mind and means more wins for us all.

I understand this might get more attention if it was in the staking section but I thought I would put it here first so any one who reads this can have first choice of the action.

As for current form currently running like a 3 legged donkey. I think the only thing positive for me this month is investing in Dave H who has made us a bit, well done Dave you have saved my month.

Back to reality, Galas £150 tomorrow cashed last month so would be nice to Get back to back cashes.

Run good, be lucky stay healthy and for the above package as Fred Pontin used to say BOOK EARLY.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #246 on: May 27, 2013, 02:17:33 AM »
The gala game  yesterday was a bit of a damp squib, didn"t start well as I got delayed at home and didn"t register in time for the extra 2k so started with 15k as opposed to the 17k.

The game itself was pretty frustrating ,  3 betting serial limpers who never fold missing flops and c bets always meeting resistance meant I was down to 11k at the dinner break.

At 200/400 , limp limp limp to me on the button I have AJ suited I raise to 1600, and get 2 callers, flop is all low cards and utg limper shoves  i reluctantly fold and 55 is shown, the flop was 346 rainbow, so I suppose it"s not a bad flop for his hand.

End up going out on a missed flush draw when I was pot committed, fail to hit the flush and that was that, never got going, I don"t think I went above starting stack, just one of them days.

i played  a bit online when I got home and cash bubbled a tourney on tilt When I limped with AA (10 bigs), 84 in big blind gets there with trip 444 my own fault for being a bit too clever but obviously wanting a double up, hey no it happens.

Sunday at the G made the final table in a really healthy position have 100k plus after hitting a set of 8s twice and getting three streets of value on both occasions.

Crucial hand I raise AK to 9k (2.1), big blind calls flop A Q 10 it all goes in he has q10, I fail to hit and pass over 71k, I still have 30k but blinds are now 3k/6k, I shove a2 diamonds, 66 gets folded ( so bad), we are now on the bubble,  no saver has been agreed  I shove QJ from cut off, dealer button tanks and folds he later tells me he has KQ, the big blind calls he has A7, the river brought a pretty red queen and I actually make the cash, we eventually do a deal £200 each for us 3 and 350 for the chip leader, the q10 guy from the previous hand.

The AK v q10 was annoying  but I couldn"t complain the deck hit me hard tonight for a change, early on in the game 3 betting both j9 and j8 against limpers when i had the button, one I flopped the straight and the other I flopped the flush, this was going to be my last game of the month but the G have a £2k gtee on a Tuesday now and the last two Tuesday"s have seen overlays of a couple of hundred pounds so it is decent value, the G have started to get their act together now and is getting more and more popular with a lot of the Gala regs now making regular appearances.

Pokerpops also made the final table but he just finished outside the cash he lost with KQ v AJ in a standard spot.

I have probably broke even this month live but have had a shout at some decent cashes as played most of the Gukpt festival thanks to a win at Gala.

Online,losing month on Tilt unless the last few days get me out of it, have to wait and see how that pans out, will post figures on the staking board later in the week, Stars won $1k plus a bit but have since donated some of it back to the poker community, at least the roll is still in tact on there.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #247 on: May 29, 2013, 03:28:37 AM »
As I won a bit on Sunday decided to pop along to the G for their £2k gteed 30/30 comp, we start with 8k in chips and can add on the other 8 at any time, it"s deep enough to play without the add on for the first 3 levels and decide at the break whether to pay the extra £30.

The usual suspects at the table, serial limpers plus 2 good players including Pokerpops, didn"t get involved early as is my usual strategy as any 3 bet is usually met with a massive pot early doors which I don"t really want to get involved in unless I have a decent hand and position.

I literally play 5 hands in the first 3 levels and am up to 35k  with the average being 18 so I keep the extra 30 in my pocket and go into the next session in a healthy spot.

It does help when you turn quads in a 3 way pot with people betting into you, must be nice.

After the break get moved back to original table and I am a bit more active than normal then get dealt AA on the button, limp, limp, limp I 3 bet to 3k get one caller, Dave folds he has a small pair he tells me later and has decided not to set mine flop q high, villain bets out, with the blind levels now only 20 mins decide if he has a part of the flop he won"t fold so I set him all in, a bit of an over bet but if he has hit he will chase his 2 pair, if he has a set then I still have outs, he flips KQ, fade the K and Q, and the 25k plus pot is shipped to me.

We get to the final table with around 30 bigs after a few raise folds previously, first hand raise utg KQ , get flatted then reraised KQ never good here fold, flatter shows AQ, reraiser shows an ace, convinced it was AK due to previous tendencies during game.

I miss an opportunity of a treble up when there is a raise utg and a flat, I have 77 utg + 3 I decide to fold, if I play the hand with my 20 bigs I should ship but too many to act after me and the initial raise I  decided to wait for a better spot. Flop came 7 high and I would of turned the house and one person eventually goes all in but we don"t see the cards, oh well cant be results orientated.

Dave reships over a min raise but the big blind wakes up with QQ, the original raiser folds and Dave tables AQ, he doesn"t bink so finishes in 7th.

We do a deal 5 handed for £369 each, again blind levels are dictating it"s shove or fold so happy with the outcome.

If you read my previous entry regarding a sat to a  Gukpt event you will know we all paid the bubble £40 so he could have a seat, one person refused on the official bubble but he is a reg and a decent bloke so I put in the cash.

He used the cash to buy into the Gps at Sheffield as he couldnt play the Stockton game, we were aware of his intentions, apparently he cashed for over £2k and he came over tonight and gave me and all the others who had paid the £40, £100 as a thank you for the gesture at the Sat, never expected that one so all in all £30 for mtt entry came back home with £499, happy days.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #248 on: June 05, 2013, 12:07:42 PM »
Quick review of last nights 30/30 at the G, aggro player at first table ( he has just chopped a scoop event, knows what he is doing), he has already scared the table with his reraises and 4 bets, the limpers are in revolt, lol.

He 3 bets mid position the 2 early position limpers, I look down at KQdd, I 4 bet to 600 on the button, limpers flee, he min clicks it back, pot is to big to fold, not happy here blinds are only 25/50 and the pot is 2kplus, flop k high, he donks out I min reraise and I get the fold, phew didn"t want to throw in the extra 30 that early.

I get moved tables and win a few when I hit nut flush when people are putting in tiny bets with tptk and a flopped 2pair, I shouldn"t be there at the river but all gifts gratefully accepted.

20k at the break, I reraise KK over 2 limpers, see the flop 5 handed which is
678 I bet out, get min reraised, stinks here of 2 pair set, turn gives 4 to a straight, villain shoves for 20k, easy fold I show my KK , he shows 59 suited, wp sir limp utg with 59 then call reraise, please come again.

Ray ( really bad but pleasant, like it when he is at my table), limps utg, call, call, call, 10 10, pot is 2k4 so I reraise to 1k6, Ray the utg limper puts a big bet in here, fold, fold, fold gets to me, I reluctantly fold, (Dave, Whats he got here ?)he shows me KK, he only has 3 hands in this spot, I should just flat really and see a flop pre but it"s just not my game perhaps I should adjust in these donkaments and play limp along bingo.

Interesting conversation after this hand with lad sat to my left, (he just final tabled a gukpt for 7k), why do you fold after reraising? he asks

He doesn"t seem to understand that there are 2 peoples cards I am thinking about here mine and the villains, my only move was to push as villains bet had committed him and probably myself if I was to get involved I had 25 bigs left if I fold, I just dont think I am good in this spot ever, perhaps I might hit my set but we will never know.

The same player who cashed at the Gukpt shoved 60 big blinds with AQ suited on day 1 of the Gukpt and was called by AK and got there, better to be lucky than good then.

Eventually push 33, 12 bigs into big blinds KQ who hits 2 pair then the straight just to rub it in.

It"s the monthly £100 at the G at the weekend but Lucy is having a poker/ housewarming party which is my preferred option this week, this leaves that £100 as funds towards Coventry at the end of the month which I hope to play.

thanks for reading , run good, be lucky stay healthy.

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #249 on: June 05, 2013, 20:32:39 PM »
Easy fold to Ray"s 3bet. Tens are never in good shape there.
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #250 on: June 13, 2013, 01:04:09 AM »
Been an interesting few days of poker up here in the sunny North East, started with Lucy"s home game on Saturday, missed the monthly £100 at the G for this, (£1100 overlay as well), couldn"t actually play the G as couldn"t get Susan looked after for the full day.

12 people took to the felt and the top 3 positions were taken by myself 3rd, Liam 2cd and Stuart 1st, the cream rising the top I suppose, getting too old and was driving so didn"t partake in the take a shot every hand won game, saves my liver for the future, cheers Lucy was a fun night.

Sundays 15/15 at the G saw me comfortably make the top 12 with a decent stack but as has become normal this week double up the shorties is my job,

77 < 44, case 4 as well, KK < KQ , flush on the turn, and k7 < A6 after I hit my 7 on the flop, this was a 4 big blind shove but it is the G and it took some courage for the caller to call it off, home by 11:30.

Tuesdays 30/30 game saw me play the worst i have played for a long time, was in a comfortable position with 30 bigs when I decide to 3 bet  early limpers with Q7 suited, ofc  all call, what"s the point, just limp and play bingo, checks to me I Have to rep the A high flop, which gets me one caller, I double barrel the turn which is a nothing card hoping he can lay down any raggy ace he has, river is a 5 no straight or flush draws so I triple barrel, he calls with A2, soul read, well played, shove next hand 10 bigs  with A 10 get slow rolled by AK, I didn"t bink, early night for me then.

May take a 2 week break from the G and make Coventry my next live outing, got tilted by the dealer who is proficient but so slow, with a 20 minute clock got to keep the game flowing.

Onto today, I thought this was going to be my day at last but wasn"t to be in the end, was doing really well in one of the mftops on tilt , I have been in top 20 all game, then 3 hands later I am gone for a pittance, won"t bore you with the exit hands, but I was always at least 3 to 1 fav pre to win the hand, cruel game at times, think I won $17 which is profit for which we have to be grateful, but annoying when the top prize is $3k.

Started the big $22 on stars whilst making the tea, the I pad version is the nuts, whittle down to 15 bigs after  losing a few hands early and was in shove mode when tea was being eaten, helping Susan eat and playing poker, who said men can"t multi task.

fast forward a few hours I am sat with 666k 4/25 and enjoying life, have a few people on the rail and I can see that e mail arriving saying congrats you have won 10k, wishful thinking on my part unfortunately, hit a set with 33 all heart board villain bets out, he covers me by the way, turn black card, villain bets again, I flat, river is a feckin heart, massive sigh, I call his bet yes he has the A hearts, I still have 35 bigs so can get back into it.

I flat an under the gun raise with KQ, flop AKQ, villain bets out , I should repop here if he has AK, AQ it"s a cooler, I flat like a wimp, turn is a 3, again bet call, it all goes in on the river villain has 33 for a turned set, so I finish 24 for $175.

If I repop his bet on the flop he can"t or shouldn"t call so I got punished for playing it weakly, if I go with my read he has AK or AQ I should fold the flop, I was between a rock and a hard place tbh.

Oh well tomorrow"s another day and maybe my time will come, if it does happy days, if not its been fun trying.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #251 on: June 15, 2013, 02:59:25 AM »
Galas £40ertonight, went well, not, get a decent start , then lose 3k with KK aipf v 8 10, flop 88x turn 10, no get out on the river, last hand before the the break look down at KK again, only have 4k left so I just min bet the serial limpers and get called by small and big blind, flop 8 10 x , I shove enough in the pot already, get called by 8 6 in the big blind, turn card is the 8, much hilarity ensued around the table, we all laughed and smiled.

Decided to re enter wasn"t going to but this should be my last live game for a week or 2.

Build up a decent stack get 50 bigs and get AA, get flatted flop JJ5, I lead out, villain calls , l bet again, villain shoves all in, yuk not happy here, because I have 40 bigs left I give him the benefit of the doubt, I have never seen him before and just assume he has the J, he didn"t, i am such a nit, lol.

Justice was done and my 88 holds v villain from hand above, get to the final table only 6 places paid , I have about 30 bigs, raise JJ utg + 1,to 5k , get 4 callers flop 10 7 4,  i lead out, get shoved on by shortie who has 77 in his hand, this leaves me with 6bigs, I shove 97 utg get 4 callers flop 97j , and I hold to get back to 22 bigs, 7 left, a young kid doesn"t agree to bubble payment, so look down at AA, after someone has just shoved, happy days, obviously call, villain has JJ, door card is a J, he has me covered and I am out, marvellous.

Not getting any love at the business end of the games this week, would love to say I am still smiling and happy but it does do your head in at times.

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #252 on: June 19, 2013, 03:06:34 AM »
Strange how things work out, Tuesdays are my usual night for live poker but a week of dirty suck outs and one bad play last week I decided to have a small break, plus I have to be careful how much I spend on live poker, if I don"t have a win it can get pretty expensive if I play all the games I want to, could  spend £200 a week if I was that way inclined, although we are not skint we are by no means well off and the cash I get for looking after Susan and her money lets us have a decent standard of living but we have to be a bit careful.

My live poker drawer has more socks in it now than cash so will pick and choose the games I want to play, anyway I digress.

First game today late regged a $26 sat for the Benjamin, only 3 runners left in and there was 2 prizes $90 and a seat worth $109, velly value as they say in these parts, managed to get heads up and had a 4 to 1 chip deficit, would of preferred the cash tbh as tourney had already started and I had some stuff to do around the house, won every shove whether I was ahead pre or behind and won the thing so I was put into the $100 game directly, unfortunately for us nothing happened and I ran QQ into KK in a pretty  standard spot, probs could of flatted raise and got away on the flop, but was pretty much comitted to the hand.

With the sun shining up here, and to prevent temptation of driving to the casino I partook in some Kronenberg cider during the early evening, ( wont drink and drive so no casino visit later on).

After 4 bottles, (they just taste too good), regged a $26 $12k on tilt, and the big $55 on Stars.

I am not a big drinker so had to really concentrate on the games, early on in the big $55 folded a set of tens on the dryest flop ever, was a misclick as I had just had a double up on tilt with KK v AK,  and was celebrating that, my bad.

Ran well on Stars and was in top 50 all the way through until lost a big flip and eventually finished early 100s for $175 I think, that"s 3 cashes on the trot in that tournament just need one of the big hands to hold then I can get knocked out closer to the big money just to wind me up a bit more.

Meanwhile on Tilt, folded AA after I c bet flop, and the action went a bit daft, didn"t get to showdown but was happy with my fold as it stank of someone hitting 2 pair, my c bet was re raised, then another re raise followed, I had about 50 bigs at this point so I just gave up,  will never know if I was right or wrong but was happy with the fold.

Eventually get to the final table, and managed to ladder a few spots when the shorties went busto and was 4/5.

The other shortstack pushed and was called, if the shortstack loses here I make another $400, but he wins the 60/40, I eventually reshove 10 bigs over a min raise with AQ, villain has AK , I do pick up a gut shot but didn"t get there so $867 added to the roll on tilt.

I visited the local hospice today to see if Susan can have some respite care in November whilst I pop off to Vegas but alas the are having a refurb so that is out, got some other ideas in mind so Vegas 2013 is not yet dead in the water.

Local care home unable to look after Susan next week so Coventry is looking like it will not happen, but have a couple of calls to make today which could resolve this issue, hoping to make it one way or the other.

run good, be lucky stay healthy.

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #253 on: June 19, 2013, 06:47:37 AM »
Loving the casual mention of an $867 score
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #254 on: June 19, 2013, 09:48:45 AM »
lol, it"s not real unless I can fill up my sock draw, it"s just numbers till December.

It"s weird actually playing as a stake because if this was just my cash when I go on a bad run I would withdraw a chunk and the bankroll would reduce further so couldn"t play the $26 $55 mtts, before last nights bink was down $375 or so from the previous high.

Since starting playing Poker I have always built a semi decent bankroll, then withdrew a chunk and stayed playing lower, I am not a gambler by nature this is one of the reasons I am a smallish winner in the game, it"s difficult not to get jealous of seeing names winning huge amounts every now and then but on the other hand they are losing a chunks to get that big score.

There is an interesting thread on Blonde regarding someone who has a stake on Stars who is a bigger winner than I have ever been and reading about his swings in mtts is an eye opener, as I have said before a lot of the game is in your head, one week you are the greatest, can"t put a foot wrong, the next you are getting no where and although doing nothing different the game gives you a quick reminder that luck plays a massive factor in this game.

I am glad I have done this stake by the way as it has kept me focused more and just have to realise and understand with mtts your graph is going to go up and down, it"s the nature of the beast.

The Stars stake although not as healthy as the one here is back to $800 a loss of $200 since January but the games on Stars are much more difficult than on Tilt, not just the numbers but the quality of player, my bankroll management on there has gone out of the window, I have decided to just play one or 2 of the bigger games $22 $33 or $55 and go for a big score rather than grind the lower limits, this last week or so have had a decent chance of some biggies but alas not yet.

Did you play at the G last night by the way ?.