Author Topic: APAT Presents The PokerStars.com National Online League  (Read 120002 times)

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
APAT Presents The PokerStars.com National Online League
« on: February 15, 2012, 20:08:17 PM »
APAT Season Six will see the the introduction of two 15 Match National Online Leagues.  Details of the first follows:-

APAT Presents The PokerStars.com National Online League

In line with our policy to place APAT tournament properties with multiple operators in Season Six, APAT is delighted to announce that PokerStars.com will headline sponsor the APAT National Online League, starting on Sunday night March 11th and running for 15 consecutive weeks, finishing on June 17th.

The password to play is apatmember.

All matches will feature a $10 + $1 buy in and start at 7pm, with a 1 hour late registration.  The structure will offer a 15 minute clock and a 5,000 chip starting stack to allow for lots of play.

Competing Regions

In a change of format, APAT members will compete in one of thirteen regionally based teams in the PokerStars.com National Online League.  Formatting the teams in this way will allow for a more even distribution of players across teams, who will all compete in the Premier Division of the PokerStars.com National Online League.

The regional teams and geographical boundaries are as follows:-

South West
South East
London
East of England
East Midlands
Europe
West Midlands
Wales
Yorkshire
North West
North East
Scotland
Ireland

Players will be able to play for the Region that they currently reside in OR the Region of their birth.  Once a player joins a Region, no further change will be allowed during the League.

Regional Team Captains

Applications are encouraged from players; particularly existing APAT Poker Club Captains, for the position of Regional Team Captain.  Please see the Captain"s thread.

Prizes

Prizes will be allocated based on both team and individual performance.

Team:

The three best performing members of the winning team will be awarded a PokerStars.com UKIPT seat each.
The three best performing members of the runner up team will be awarded a $215 PokerStars Sunday Million entry each.
The three best performing members of the third placed team will be awarded a $109 PokerStars Sunday Kickoff entry each.

Individual:

The best performing individual player will be awarded a PokerStars.com UKIPT seat.
The runner up individual player will be awarded a $215 PokerStars Sunday Million entry.
The third placed individual player will be awarded a $109 PokerStars Sunday Kickoff entry.

In addition; and for the first time, the top 18 finishing individual players will be awarded APAT Ranking Points, with 18 points going to the first placed individual and 1 point going to the eighteenth placed finisher.

Finally, the best finishing English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish player will be assured of a squad place with their National Team at the fifth annual World Championship Of Amateur Poker.  National Team captains will have responsibility for selecting which of their players play each phase of the World Amateur Team Championship.

Matchday Points Allocation

Individual points will be allocated to the top eighteen finishing players at each match.  The individual points will be allocated as follows :-

1st = 25pts
2nd = 22pts
3rd = 20pts
4th = 18pts
5th = 16pts
6th = 14pts
7th = 12pts
8th = 11pts
9th = 10pts
10th-12th = 9pts
13th-15th = 6pts
16th-18th = 3pts

A maximum of four players per region can score individual points in any one match for calculating team matchday points.  Should five players reach points scoring positions, the lowest of those points scorers will receive 0 individual points, and individual points will be allocated to the next best finisher.  In this example, the player finishing in 19th position would receive 3 individual points for for the purposes of deciding matchday team points.

Individual points will be totalled for every match and the region finishing with the most individual points will receive 5 match points.  The region finishing with the second most individual points will receive 4 match points.  The region finishing with the third most individual points will receive 3 match points.  The region finishing with the fourth most individual points will receive 2 match points.  The region finishing with the fifth most individual points will receive 1 match point.  No other clubs will score match points.

Where regions finish with an equal number of individual points, match point allocation will be sorted in the following order:  a)  The region who has the most individual points scorers will be deemed to finish ahead.  Should this not separate the regions, b) The region who has the highest single individual points scorer will be deemed to finish ahead.

Signing Up To PokerStars

To compete in the PokerStars.com National Online League, players will require a PokerStars account and player id.  APAT will receive a credit from PokerStars.com for every player who signs up via the APAT & PokerStars banners.  So please click through to create an account via the PokerStars banners on this page.

Register For A Free APAT Membership
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 20:32:53 PM by Des »
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT Presents The PokerStars.com National Online League
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 20:08:33 PM »
Please feel free to post your thoughts or questions in this thread.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 20:18:27 PM by Des »

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 20:17:33 PM »
Get. In.

(oh, and first :P)
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 20:18:07 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 20:20:50 PM »
Booooooooom, sounds great!!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

stone

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 20:22:20 PM »
Super, Smashing, Great!

Shortstack

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
    • Poker League
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 20:22:44 PM »
Gerrin!!!

ForthThistle

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 20:24:13 PM »
How do you link an existing Stars Account.

Current Southern European Online Champion.
Past Winning Captain - Scotland

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 20:28:49 PM »

How do you link an existing Stars Account.

That won"t be possible.  However encourage your wife or friends to sign up and play and that will more than compensate.

We will shortly be requesting all PokerStars ids to ensure they are linked to the Regional Teams.

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 20:30:15 PM »
So happy. 5k and 15 min clock looks great.

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 20:31:10 PM »
Looks good - with all those pokerstars links to live games appearing it HAD to be pokerstars. YAY.

On first read through I"m confused by the term "Individual Points" used in the Matchday Points Allocation section. If this were replaced throughout the section with "Team Points" it would all make sense. There is an "Individual" sub-section within the prizes section so the word "Individual" is conflicting.

E.g. if I am the fifth scoring player for my team, I"d expect to score points towards my individual score, but none towards my team score. The way it reads right now it says

A maximum of four players per region can score individual points in any one match for calculating team matchday points.  Should five players reach points scoring positions, the lowest of those points scorers will receive 0 individual points, and individual points will be allocated to the next best finisher.  In this example, the player finishing in 19th position would receive 3 individual points for for the purposes of deciding matchday team points.

Whilst I"m sure I know what you mean, I think for clarity points that individuals gain for their team should be called Team Points, not "individual points...for calculating team matchday points".
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 20:33:28 PM »

Looks good - with all those pokerstars links to live games appearing it HAD to be pokerstars. YAY.

On first read through I"m confused by the term "Individual Points" used in the Matchday Points Allocation section. If this were replaced throughout the section with "Team Points" it would all make sense. There is an "Individual" sub-section within the prizes section so the word "Individual" is conflicting.

E.g. if I am the fifth scoring player for my team, I"d expect to score points towards my individual score, but none towards my team score. The way it reads right now it says

Whilst I"m sure I know what you mean, I think for clarity points that individuals gain for their team should be called Team Points, not "individual points...for calculating team matchday points".

Thanks for the feedback Andy, I"ll run through to ensure the terminology is clearer.

ronaldo07

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 20:43:40 PM »
Looks good to me I"ll defo be playing.

WP APAT
Team GNF member Bronze medal S4
Team GNF member GOLD S5

jbong