Author Topic: TheReflex  (Read 9546 times)

TheReflex

TheReflex
« on: December 27, 2012, 10:40:29 AM »
1 - WHO ARE YOU? Liam Crawford, 24.

2 - POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR A LINK TO ONE (APAT OR OTHER)

3 - WHERE DO YOU COME FROM? Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria.

4 - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF? Away from the tables... I love sport in general. I play Football, Tennis and Darts, and watch near enough any sport. I support Barrow AFC, who are currently playing in the Blue Square Premier. I love 80"s music, which influenced my username "TheReflex".

5 - WHAT IS YOUR POKER BACKGROUND? I started playing with friends when I was 13, silly structures like 50,000 starting chips with 30 minute blinds! It would take 3 days for a £2 6 max, but I loved it and that"s where I learned to play. Since then, I started playing online when I was 18 and never looked back really. Started off playing $5 heads-up (NLHE) sit and go"s mainly, and the odd MTT. I"ve progressed through the years, and now I am grinding $100 PLO heads up games, and playing big Sunday tournaments every week.

6 - WHAT IS YOUR PLAYING STYLE? I play heads up games like a hyper aggressive lunatic to be fair, but I play MTT"s quite tight and I like to hang around waiting for good spots. I suppose my style differs to what game/structure I"m playing, which should be the case for everyone!

7 - WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE POKER PLAYER AND WHY? Known as "livb112" online, real name is "Olivier Busquet". Online heads up genius, nobody has won more from sit and go"s in the history of online poker. Always used to watch him when I was 18-19.

8 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ONLINE POKER SITE AND WHAT IS YOUR POKER ID THERE? Full Tilt - "Liam Crawford"

9 - WHAT ARE YOUR POKER ACHIEVEMENTS? In August 2010 I came 4th/1800+ players in a FTOPS event to win $47,400. That is my biggest win to date, it was an amazing night and I"ll never forget it. My best live achievement was final tabling the ECOAP in Nottingham for £1,500. I haven"t played much live poker and it"s an aim of mine to play loads more in 2013, and try and do something big.

10 - WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE ABOUT LIVE POKER CURRENTLY, THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE? I hate with a passion when there"s an all in, where a player has clearly made a bad call and is dominated, goes on to win the hand, and proceeds to jump around and fist pump etc. If you make a bad call, and get lucky, I feel you should act with a bit more respect for your opponent. Or maybe that"s just me.

11 - HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT APAT? I played in the WCOAP 2011 when a few friends recommended I come for a long poker weekend away. Since then I look out for tournaments and have played the ECOAP and UK Championships.

12 -WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT APAT TOURNAMENTS, STANDARD OF PLAY AND STRUCTURE? The fact that the buy ins are really low in comparison to other well recognised poker tours, with the structures of main events creating 2 day tournaments, means you get really good value for money IMO. Also, in my experience, every trip I"ve had to an APAT series I"ve met new friends each time and everyone is really sociable and up for a laugh. APAT is unique in that way for sure.

13 - HAVE YOU PLAYED AT AN APAT LIVE EVENT AND IF SO, WHAT WAS MOST MEMORABLE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE? I"ve played 5 APAT tournaments all together, and I"ve had 2 final tables and a day 2. Which leads me to believe I have "APAT run good"! Like I mentioned before, the people have been great and the tournament organisers have been helpful whenever I"ve asked for info etc, so that"s what"s most memorable I guess.

14 - WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POKER? Football, Darts, Tennis, Cricket... and betting on outcomes on the previous things I mentioned! Hanging out with friends and family is an obvious one too, and having a few drinks now and again.

15 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK OR FILM? I don"t watch a lot of films or read a lot, I"m more of a British Sitcom kind of person. I"d say my favourite film is Shawshank Redemption though.

16 - WHAT THREE MUSIC ALBUMS WOULD YOU TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU? Such a hard task to only choose 3, but here goes: 1) "Listen Like Thieves" - INXS. 2) "Kick" - INXS. 3) "What"s The Story (Morning Glory)" - Oasis.

17 - FINALLY, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FELLOW APAT MEMBERS? I"m looking forward to playing more APAT events in future, and may the luck be with you! (Unless you"re all in against me!).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 16:02:36 PM by TheReflex »
Liam Crawford

http://www.chipmeup.com/player/LiamCrawford (If you're ever interested in staking me please PM me on here or ChipMeUp.com for any information, cheers).

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
Re: TheReflex
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 00:29:41 AM »
Congrats on your pick for the Forum team Liam, very well deserved mate, especially after your deep runs at the ECOAP & UK events. Thoroughly enjoyed sharing your opening table at Stoke before we were broken up and moved and look forward to many more.

All The Best
Grant
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 12:49:54 PM »
Good to see that the pick has already kickstarted your forum activity..

Enjoy APAT.. And remember your roots when you become a big name pro.. ;D
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

TheReflex

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 14:15:46 PM »

Good to see that the pick has already kickstarted your forum activity..

Enjoy APAT.. And remember your roots when you become a big name pro.. ;D

Haha, yeah I was just browsing the different sections and thought this would be a good way for people to get to know me before Luton.

Congrats on your pick for the Forum team Liam, very well deserved mate, especially after your deep runs at the ECOAP & UK events. Thoroughly enjoyed sharing your opening table at Stoke before we were broken up and moved and look forward to many more.

All The Best
Grant

Cheers Grant, yeah that was a good laugh that table. I"ll see you in Nottingham if you"re not going to Luton!
Liam Crawford

http://www.chipmeup.com/player/LiamCrawford (If you're ever interested in staking me please PM me on here or ChipMeUp.com for any information, cheers).

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 15:44:59 PM »
Are you playing next weekend"s £300 at DTD Liam?

Come and say hi if so. I"m 80% to be Day1b, and 100% there on Sunday if I play 1b (nearer 10% for Sunday if I play 1a)
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

TheReflex

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 22:07:15 PM »

Are you playing next weekend"s £300 at DTD Liam?

Come and say hi if so. I"m 80% to be Day1b, and 100% there on Sunday if I play 1b (nearer 10% for Sunday if I play 1a)

No I won"t be playing, will aim to play the next £300 game at DTD though.... GL
Liam Crawford

Robbiebox

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 10:46:31 AM »
*&A£  %!+=E@
2010 WCOAP HORSE Silver
2011 WCOAP STUD Gold
2011 WCOAP Online OMAHA HI/Lo Gold
2012 GUKPT Bolton PLO Champion
2014 WCOAP OMAHA HI/LO Silver
2018 WCOAP TRIPLE STUD Gold
2019 The COUNTIES Gold

VBlue

• Silver Member
    • Northern Poker Stars
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 11:11:00 AM »
Nice profile Crawf.  Hope to make a live event or two this year too, so hope to catch up with you then.

Careybear

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 21:41:29 PM »
Great profile Liam and I"m so happy to see the INXS albums going to the island with you..i"m an 80"s music sicko as well...I just Duran Duran for the 3rd time in December 2011...amazing they get better and better everytime I see them..!!

NellieG

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 14:40:20 PM »
I really enjoyed our chat at Luton with your lovely girlfriend Ashley.  Good luck at the tables Liam, I am sure you have a bright future.

TheReflex

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 16:50:06 PM »

Great profile Liam and I"m so happy to see the INXS albums going to the island with you..i"m an 80"s music sicko as well...I just Duran Duran for the 3rd time in December 2011...amazing they get better and better everytime I see them..!!

Hey, thanks Carey. Yeah, INXS are my favourite band, my dad got me in to them. He"s seen them 5-6 times, gutted I"ll never get to see them though! I"m hoping to see Duran Duran one day, and I think I will be seeing Depeche Mode later on this year.

I really enjoyed our chat at Luton with your lovely girlfriend Ashley.  Good luck at the tables Liam, I am sure you have a bright future.

Cheers Ellen, yeah we had a good time in Luton. Ashley said she had fun meeting you too!
Liam Crawford

Careybear

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 00:19:43 AM »
Oh I saw Depeche Mode on their Love and Devotions tour...they were awesome yeah i saw INXS twice once winning tickets off the radio :)  I also love Incubus as well...I"ve seen them 3 times here and once in Michigan...think I may change my albums i take with me..lol