Author Topic: APAT Poker Masters 2013 Discussion Thread  (Read 46941 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
APAT Poker Masters 2013 Discussion Thread
« on: March 01, 2013, 14:32:32 PM »
APAT & ISPT today confirmed that the APAT Poker Masters 2013 will take place at Wembley as part of the inaugaral ISPT event.

The APAT Poker Masters 2013 will be a two day event with a £200+£20 buyin and open to all poker players, both amateur and professional.

Click For Full Announcement

Also at this press conference, it was confirmed that Dusk Till Dawn would be guaranteeing a £1,000,000 first prize in the ISPT main event and partnering with the event.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: APAT Poker Masters 2013 Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 14:45:29 PM »
Well that frees up the end of May / start of June for me.

Hmmm...I get that the ISPT are a sponsor but this is a (IMO) disappointing opener to APAT S7.

I may relent if the rest of S7 is much more like S6.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 14:59:36 PM by Paulie_D »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

mfcrocker

• Bronze Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 14:50:42 PM »
Will any of the reg fee be going to ISPT? This is an honest question and not a needle - I want to support APAT and do not want to support ISPT.

Fluence

• Silver Member
    • The Ramblings of a Poker Dinosaur
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 15:01:51 PM »
At £200 I"d need to satellite in, but if I could do that I"d very much like to play it. I"m all for APAT trying new stuff and this looks exciting.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 15:14:56 PM »

.... I"d very much like to play it.

I acknowledge your (edited) caveat but without even knowing the prize structure or Added Value?

I would hope that APAT's normal prize structure would apply...but it"s not stated anywhere.

I"m all for APAT trying new stuff ...

Me too...but still.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 15:20:27 PM »

Will any of the reg fee be going to ISPT? This is an honest question and not a needle - I want to support APAT and do not want to support ISPT.

Reg fees for all of our live events goes to the venue to cover their costs.  APAT never have received anything from the reg fees.

kevod85

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 15:21:36 PM »
Not sure what to make of this really as from day 1 the ISPT has been abit of a shambles. I really wanted to play all the APAT S7 events but i think i will wait and see what develops on this, the extra buy in cost and cost of accomodation in London may put it outside my current roll
APAT Welsh Amateur Championship 2012 Bronze Medal

mfcrocker

• Bronze Member
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 15:26:46 PM »

Reg fees for all of our live events goes to the venue to cover their costs.  APAT never have received anything from the reg fees.

OK, not one for me then. Best of luck with the event!

Matt D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 15:36:02 PM »

Not sure what to make of this really as from day 1 the ISPT has been abit of a shambles. I really wanted to play all the APAT S7 events but i think i will wait and see what develops on this, the extra buy in cost and cost of accomodation in London may put it outside my current roll

Accommodation in London is a lot cheaper than you might think: http://www.laterooms.com/en/p3623/Hotels.aspx?LonLat=&hidfl=&k=wembley&d=20130531&n=1&rt-adult=2&rt-child=0&rt=2-0¤cies=GBP#ztozpj (click "sort by price").

If you"re sharing and don"t mind a 5-min tube journey, then I reckon you"re looking at approx. the same price as Luton/Nottingham etc.
APAT Online is on Grosvenor Poker. Down the software from http://www.apat.com/grosvenor-poker

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 15:40:45 PM »
Any idea which 2 days the APAT masters is on? I saw the 31st to 5th date range but no date for the Masters.

Apologies if I can"t read and missed this bit.

Am pretty keen to play this, but can only make weekends.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

kevod85

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 15:42:54 PM »
Thanks Matt. Your right, there not as bad as i thought! just remember spending a small fortune last time i stayed in London.
APAT Welsh Amateur Championship 2012 Bronze Medal

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 15:52:23 PM »

Accommodation in London is a lot cheaper than you might think: http://www.laterooms.com/en/p3623/Hotels.aspx?LonLat=&hidfl=&k=wembley&d=20130531&n=1&rt-adult=2&rt-child=0&rt=2-0¤cies=GBP#ztozpj (click "sort by price").

If you"re sharing and don"t mind a 5-min tube journey, then I reckon you"re looking at approx. the same price as Luton/Nottingham etc.

Matt is right...and you can get some real deals if you are willing to take a 15/30 minute tube ride.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 15:57:16 PM »

Any idea which 2 days the APAT masters is on? I saw the 31st to 5th date range but no date for the Masters.

Apologies if I can"t read and missed this bit.

Am pretty keen to play this, but can only make weekends.

+1 if its a typical Saturday / Sunday will be there in full support x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 16:06:22 PM »
In a post on FB Des has stated:

"APAT Masters announced as first side event on opening day. Two day event with £200 + £20 buy in, open to amateur and pro players."

That would make it Fri 31 to Sat 1 Jun if I"m reading between the lines correctly.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 16:16:54 PM »
Appreciate the feedback so far guys.

Just to explain a bit of the thinking behind this.  We"ve run higher buyin events in the past and are running a £250+£25 high roller open event at the upcoming WCOAP.  They have proved popular and cetainly something that we would have no problem in running again as one-off types of events alongside the £75 buyin Amateur Event structure.

The ISPT at Wembley has not had a very positive run of things so far, which to be honest, is for good reasons.  They"ve not done a great job of communicating to the poker world what their plans are, but saying that, the thought of playing a poker event at Wembley is pretty cool, and we wanted to be able to give that opportunity to as many APATers as possible.

We will be running the lowest buyin event at Wembley and although this is significantly higher than our normal £75 buyin, to keep the rake at 10% means £200 is as low as it could go.  We"ll put on a load of satellite opportunities building up to the event, which we would hope will cover everyone"s bankroll situations.

Matt and I might even be able to convince Des to run a freeroll, although his head doesn"t compute that word and we"d have to explain it to him  ;D

We"d love to get your feedback and thoughts around satellite structures.  What"s a reaosnable satellite entry level, would you want packages to include covering some accomodation costs and travel etc.

Keep the comments coming,

Leigh