Author Topic: Irish Championship  (Read 57182 times)

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
Irish Championship
« on: April 21, 2008, 22:58:24 PM »
Details have now been fully confirmed with the Fitzwilliam in Dublin. 

The event will be held on June 14th & 15th as advertised.  Capacity of 140 runners, with 15 seats going to the host cardroom. 

Live satellites are being held across the UK on May 17th (May 10th in Newcastle), online sats on May 18th & 19th with the remaining seats going via direct buy in on May 20th.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Irish Championship
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 12:22:50 PM »
Good to know

Shouldn"t this be on the main APAT National Championship board and not the Seat Exchange?

Or is this just in anticipation of the huge number of people who will want to go but won"t have a seat?
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 12:32:06 PM »

Good to know

Shouldn"t this be on the main APAT National Championship board and not the Seat Exchange?

Or is this just in anticipation of the huge number of people who will want to go but won"t have a seat?

Moved.

morlspin

• Silver Member
    • morlspin
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 22:40:18 PM »
Only 125 seats available for Qualifiers and Direct Buyins Des? (+15 for cardroom)

Ive not had a whinge for a while but that seems awefully low for a National Event. I know how much hard work goes into sorting events like this and I certainly do not envy your job, but such small numbers are going to leave a lot of people disappointed (Edinburgh has similar numbers and people have been left wanting)

Are there any plans afoot to have a couple of starting days? 1a 1b etc in the future, to enable more of your members to play? or any other ideas that could come off?

Graeme
APAT Northern Regional Champion 2008
APAT ECAOP Online Player of the Series 2012

FlyingPig73

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 23:04:23 PM »
The history of the APAT competitions has proved that demand will always outstrip supply. Cardrooms are simply not big enough, and time is valuable. This is an amatuer association, which means we all have jobs which provide our main income, and holidays to play poker can be scarce.

We have had a competition with a day 1a and 1b, and that was essentially because it was a bank holiday weekend. Most people work Monday to Friday and would have to take a day or 2 off, to allow for travelling, and 3 days can be a long time away from the family, not just for the runners but for the organisers as well.

Since the very first tournament in Birmingham I think each and every member has had the dissapointment of missing out on an event. But we just try harder, and erm, pray....

I am not sure if there are any future plans for day 1a and 1b again, only Des can answer that question.
"You don't fail when you fall down. You fail when you fall down and don't get back up."

morlspin

• Silver Member
    • morlspin
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 23:21:27 PM »
Yeah everything you say makes sense and i do understand how much effort goes into each tourney, hence the great time had by all , which at the end of the day, you lot should be very proud of!

Its just a shame that UK Cardrooms are so small as im sure we could easilly sell out most events 5x over!

Im also spoilt living near to Aspers Newcastle which can have 230 playing at one time, which is why when i hear 125-150 max i think its low
APAT Northern Regional Champion 2008
APAT ECAOP Online Player of the Series 2012

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 00:10:00 AM »
Agreed on all counts Graeme, and I think Jimmy has responded well to your points.  The only other point that I would make is that we are a National Championship series, so it is essential that we go to Scotland, Wales and Ireland - where venue sizes are quite small.  Running events in hotels is not an option at this point, for licensing and equipement reasons.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 09:16:02 AM »
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 09:32:36 AM »

...equipement ...

? ? ?

;D

It"s French Jon, meaning "equipment". I suspect Des is trying to impress us with his knowledge of foreign languages.  :D

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 09:43:18 AM »
That"s roight.  ;)

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 10:00:20 AM »

That"s roight.  ;)

Accents as well ? Sounds a little bit like Yam Yam, Black Country perhaps, maybe a little further south.....West Bromwich........Dudley........?

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 10:20:26 AM »
I have the mobile number of the owner of the bar on the corner diagonally opposite Fitz"s --

Text two minutes before required - leg it - drink pre ordered pint - leg it back -- I have it off to a fine art........

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 10:37:44 AM »

Ger, if you talk to my good lady, she"ll give you the telephone number of the hotel directly across from that bar.

We stayed there last year - 20 yards from the bar, 60 yards from the Fitz......... perfect  :D

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 19:00:01 PM »

Ger, if you talk to my good lady, she"ll give you the telephone number of the hotel directly across from that bar.

We stayed there last year - 20 yards from the bar, 60 yards from the Fitz......... perfect  :D

Would love to know the name of that hotel Ian.

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 19:54:54 PM »
Me too please Ian / Caz