Author Topic: Jon MW  (Read 3022 times)

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Jon MW
« on: July 21, 2007, 01:41:52 AM »
1 - WHO ARE YOU?
Jon "the British Cowboy" Woodfield

2 - POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR A LINK TO ONE (APAT OR OTHER)

3 - WHERE DO YOU COME FROM?
Originally Peterborough but I have moved around a bit - in terms of quantity and currently I"m exiled in Hastings.

4 - TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?
No

5 - WHAT IS YOUR POKER BACKGROUND?
I started playing near the beginning of 2006 shortly after the first series of Balderdash & Piffle. A quick google led to the thought - hmm poker, that could be interesting. 

I read for 4 hours about how to play and tips of how to play well. Then I spent 6 hours on the play money tables before depositing any cash. I decided that I would only stick with it as long it paid its own way, a hobby that pays for itself is always a good thing.

It took me nearly a month to win an MTT but my records show that my NLHE has never been in the red since then. Other variants are a bit harder to pick up - I still haven"t got the hang of Pot Limit anything and Omaha is a bit tricky, but as long as my profits from Holdem and Razz can cover my losses in the other variants I"m willing to keep trying.

6 - WHAT IS YOUR PLAYING STYLE?
I"m an absolute rock and I never bluff.

7 - WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE POKER PLAYER AND WHY?
My 3 favourite players are:

1. Vicky Coren
2. Erica Schoenberg
3. Jen Creason

It is difficult to pin down exactly why they"re my favourites, I expect it"s something to do with their playing styles.

8 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ONLINE POKER SITE AND WHAT IS YOUR POKER ID THERE?
My 3 favourite sites are Full Tilt because I really like the overall "look and feel" of the site as well as having playable MTT and STT structures. Pokerstars just because of how well structured their games are, and Dusk til Dawn because I keep on cashing and winning on there.

9 - WHAT ARE YOUR POKER ACHIEVEMENTS?
I play poker as a challenge, the only thing I want to achieve is to do better than I have done before.

So I haven"t achieved anything - because it"s still possible for me to do better.

10 - WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE ABOUT LIVE POKER CURRENTLY, THAT YOU WOULD CHANGE?
Ironside"s singing

11 - HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT APAT?
Here and There

12 -WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT APAT TOURNAMENTS, STANDARD OF PLAY AND STRUCTURE?
I think they"re as good as they could possibly be (within the limitations of time and expense they have to be played by)

13 - HAVE YOU PLAYED AT AN APAT LIVE EVENT AND IF SO, WHAT WAS MOST MEMORABLE ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE?
I played at the first tournament and the Cardiff one in the first season. I particularly enjoyed a good beat I had early on in Wales. With only a couple of people eliminated I managed to get all my cards in post flop against a monster hand, but I hit my 2-outer on the river and managed to make it to a 1 off the bubble finish. So whilst I didn"t make full use of my luck, it did make my final position considerably more respectable.

14 - WHAT ARE YOUR MAIN INTERESTS OUTSIDE OF POKER?
Books and Films

15 - WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK and FILM?
Book: Ulysses by James Joyce
Film: Casablanca

16 - WHAT THREE MUSIC ALBUMS WOULD YOU TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND WITH YOU?
I wouldn"t, I"d take 3 books, which seems a whole lot more practical given the potential power supply issue.

(i) Ulysses by James Joyce
(ii) Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
(iii) ??? um, er ??? - tricky, have to give it some thought.......might take a while.

17 - FINALLY, WHAT MESSAGE WOULD YOU LIKE TO LEAVE FOR YOUR FELLOW APAT MEMBERS?
I never bluff
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341