Author Topic: APAT Announces European Amateur Poker Championship  (Read 53977 times)

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
Re: APAT Announces European Amateur Poker Championship
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2007, 21:32:24 PM »

author=APAT link=topic=175.msg4322#msg4322 date=1186431570]
BTW..."Learnings"...is that a word? :D

Yup.  At the top of the APAT dictionary that one.

Sure, sure...right next to... "I"ll get the drinks in" ;D

lol....no, never saw that other "phrase" in the APAT dictionary  :D  but while you are at it Paulie, get one for Jon....

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2007, 22:05:43 PM »
The structure of the iPoker tournaments can be good - hopefully we just need to ask. Here"s the structure of one tournament I play quite often. At 10 minute levels it"s a bit faster than the PokerStars/APAT tourneys, at 15 minutes it"d be a bit slower, at 12 minute levels it"d be about the same. Combine the 15min levels with a 10k stack and I"ll be drooling all over my keyboard - and hopefully having Sunday dinner for breakfast!

Let"s go for it Des!

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2007, 22:07:21 PM »
I was thinking 50,000 stacks and 3 day levels...no?

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2007, 22:11:29 PM »

Are you making fun of us?  >:(
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2007, 22:12:20 PM »
 ;D

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2007, 22:12:34 PM »

I like your attitude Mr Duffy - very can do!

Anything upto 8 hour duration would be great though!

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2007, 22:49:13 PM »
Satellite this evening has taken 15 seats.

Well done guys.

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2007, 23:16:41 PM »
I would just like to thank the person who told us about the freeroll to GUKPT Luton (I don't know were the tread is) I did not win but I came 10th winning a $100 token, not bad for nothing, but I can not find a Luton qualifier on BS  

jacko159

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2007, 23:26:27 PM »

I would just like to thank the person who told us about the freeroll to GUKPT Luton (I don't know were the tread is) I did not win but I came 10th winning a $100 token, not bad for nothing, but I can not find a Luton qualifier on BS  

I think all the Luton sats have been played now - event starts on Thursday this week.

You should be able to use the token for one of the other satellites though, Plymouth is next venue in September, Victoria in October and Blackpool in November.

J4ck0159 on Betfair

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2007, 23:40:38 PM »
Thank you

pazzorilancio

« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2007, 09:16:13 AM »
So then..

How many people do you think are going to be "click festing" tomorrow evening? More than 285?

I hope not! I need to buy a ticket for me and my mate lol.

It would be nice if everyone got a ticket wednesday night with a few to spare which got taken over the following weeks, then everyone"s happy.

This would be my first event (and the first one I"m applying for) so what have the other click fests been like?

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2007, 09:39:58 AM »
I believe the last few sold out within 5 minutes, but that was with between 130 and 150 seats available. Wednesday"s may last 10 minutes before it"s sold out.

If you sit at your PC hitting "Reload" every 3 seconds and then hit the "Buy Seat" link as soon as it becomes live I think you"ll be safe.

Good luck.

pazzorilancio

« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2007, 09:50:24 AM »
The big danger though is cached web pages!

Not only are web pages stored locally on a machine (thus when refreshing only showing the local image instead of downloading the new one), ISP"s also cache regular web pages...

Meaning BT could be displaying a cached page of when tickets aren"t active, and Virgin Media could be displaying a live one, thus giving preference etc...

I was wondering if Des has thought of this as I am worried this could seriously effect the situation. (I guess a work around would be a button to click to buy the tickets in some sort of java applet which would say whether its valid or not. That way it contacts the server everytime for a request...)

Ah well. I"ll have my pc on, and my laptop next to me for my mate doing the refresh thing. As soon as you click "buy seat" i take it the seat is reserved while you enter your details?

Regards

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2007, 09:52:34 AM »

The structure of the iPoker tournaments can be good - hopefully we just need to ask. Here"s the structure of one tournament I play quite often. At 10 minute levels it"s a bit faster than the PokerStars/APAT tourneys, at 15 minutes it"d be a bit slower, at 12 minute levels it"d be about the same. Combine the 15min levels with a 10k stack and I"ll be drooling all over my keyboard - and hopefully having Sunday dinner for breakfast!

Let"s go for it Des!

As well as the level duration, the time you get to make a decision on Stars is a lot longer, and there is also the timebank for difficult decisions.   It can be difficult to work out the pot odds or implied odds in the time you have to make a decision on the ipoker software. 

If you can Des, please ask about the possibility of having slightly longer to act, and also about the introduction of a timebank.

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: August 07, 2007, 10:03:20 AM »

The big danger though is cached web pages!

Not only are web pages stored locally on a machine (thus when refreshing only showing the local image instead of downloading the new one), ISP"s also cache regular web pages...

Meaning BT could be displaying a cached page of when tickets aren"t active, and Virgin Media could be displaying a live one, thus giving preference etc...

I was wondering if Des has thought of this as I am worried this could seriously effect the situation. (I guess a work around would be a button to click to buy the tickets in some sort of java applet which would say whether its valid or not. That way it contacts the server everytime for a request...)

Ah well. I"ll have my pc on, and my laptop next to me for my mate doing the refresh thing. As soon as you click "buy seat" i take it the seat is reserved while you enter your details?

Regards

The pages aren"t cached by the web server, and by hitting ctrl+F5 you will be requesting a "new" version of the page - and it has worked in the past with no problems.

Your ISP shouldn"t be caching pages to stop this from working.

Not sure about the seat being held for you until your payment details are entered and submitted.  
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason