Author Topic: IPoker Problems  (Read 17381 times)

mike saban

• Silver Member
IPoker Problems
« on: February 11, 2009, 19:16:17 PM »
I"ve been having major issues with staying on IPoker the last 24 hours or so, keep connecting for a few minutes and then getting error messages advising the connection to Poker Server is down.

When I am connected, the software is very laggy and tables are very slow, my general connectivity is good - obviously cause I"m posting on here and other poker clients are fine, but interested to know if anyone else as been experiencing any problems recently ???

Trying to identify if its them with the issue, my isp not responding well to that type of traffic or my laptop with the software.

Thanks

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: IPoker Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 19:28:56 PM »
This seems to be a common problem that loads of people have with iPoker. I used to suffer with it, until I adjusted my MTU setting on my ADSL router..... it was previous set at 1500, and I changed it to 1200.... and not had a problem since.

Don"t ask me what MTU is, or why changing it made a difference - I just followed someone"s advice on this forum and it worked nicely.

mike saban

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 19:40:48 PM »
MTU = Maximum Transmission Unit, its to do with the amount of data contained in an data packet - ok starting to sound sad, so will stop there.

Thanks for the tip - will give it a try

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 19:59:23 PM »

This seems to be a common problem that loads of people have with iPoker. I used to suffer with it, until I adjusted my MTU setting on my ADSL router..... it was previous set at 1500, and I changed it to 1200.... and not had a problem since.

Don"t ask me what MTU is, or why changing it made a difference - I just followed someone"s advice on this forum and it worked nicely.

Does anyone know how to log on to Steve"s pc and set it back to 1500??  ;)

mike saban

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 20:22:29 PM »

Ok, amended to the same settings, and so far so good, will keep an eye on it and see how we get on.

Many Thanks

Mike

mike saban

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 19:03:53 PM »
this issue is still ongoing and looking around various forums, seems to be affecting a number of aol / talktalk users

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 19:13:01 PM »
If you are an AOL user, the recommended MTU setting is now 1450 (I see above that you"ve changed to 1200).

AOL also now prefer you to set your router to PPPOE (from PPPOA) and LLC (from VC).

Since their merge with TalkTalk, they"re also issuing some customers with new yourphonenumber@dialbb.com usernames. This seems to give greater connection reliability.

Hope this helps.

mike saban

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 19:35:32 PM »
Will try this right now. Cheers

mike saban

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 19:43:51 PM »
made the recommended changes Neil, will keep an eye on it and see how we get on, will also post your advice on Blonde forum as there is a thread on there too.

Thanks
Mike

Charlie44

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 19:47:14 PM »

If you are an AOL user, the recommended MTU setting is now 1450 (I see above that you"ve changed to 1200).

AOL also now prefer you to set your router to PPPOE (from PPPOA) and LLC (from VC).

Since their merge with TalkTalk, they"re also issuing some customers with new yourphonenumber@dialbb.com usernames. This seems to give greater connection reliability.

Hope this helps.

how do i do this please

mike saban

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 19:52:35 PM »
You need to log onto your router Charlie and amend the settings on there.

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 19:53:37 PM »
Charlie,

Your router will prob have an IP address of either;

http://192.168.1.1
http://192.168.0.1
http://192.168.1.254

It depends on Router manufacturer.

Linksys default usernames and passwords are "admin" and "admin"

Netgear default usernames are "admin" and password is "password"

Use these to get into your Internet Connection settings.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 19:55:55 PM by lukybugur »

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 19:58:55 PM »
I am not staying connected, tried all the settings, but still no joy.  I do hope i can stay stable long enough to play the league game.
Mary Kivlin

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 20:01:27 PM »

I am not staying connected, tried all the settings, but still no joy.  I do hope i can stay stable long enough to play the league game.

Also having problems.  Have my personal IT consultant on the case now  ;) but it"s not looking good for tonights game.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 20:12:34 PM »

Also having problems. 

This thread forum world-wide web won"t be sufficient to sort them unfortunately.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason